Lost Honor Reaction Thread

General Discussion
I'm unhappy.

I love the faction conflict and I love the Horde's founding identity.

I just want a war where both sides feel equally validated in trying to defeat the other.

We are one patch in and it seems faction-hand-holding to defeat another Horde villain is gonna be the dominant narrative of the story. The Alliance isn't my enemy and I'm not the Alliance's enemy - Sylvanas is just everyone's enemy. This is seemingly a faction conflict expansion where we are told we shouldn't be in conflict.

Why can't we just fight each other with some moral restraint?
Hell of a bait and switch.
Okay, real talk, you can't have an actual war that has a conclusion, because wars typically have victors and losers.

Unless they're planning on making a whole expansion themed around the losing side recovering from a crushing loss and overcoming their new oppressive rulers, it was going to become horde and alliance coming together to fight some common enemy.

The Horde will come out of this reforged as an honorable faction and the Alliance will... I dunno, still be the Alliance? It all washes out to status quo in the end because it -has- to or you end up losing a whole faction and the game shutters.
11/02/2018 11:59 AMPosted by Hnetu

Not even. We all saw this coming the immediate moment they made Sylvanas directly responsible for the burning of Teldrassil.

No bait-and-switch about it. They're setting her up to be the third Warchief to fall. If she goes, I go. I'm tired of the Horde being the true punching bag of the story.
11/02/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Bretherezen

Not even. We all saw this coming the immediate moment they made Sylvanas directly responsible for the burning of Teldrassil.

No bait-and-switch about it. They're setting her up to be the third Warchief to fall. If she goes, I go. I'm tired of the Horde being the true punching bag of the story.

The 'bait and switch' part was that it started in Stormwind and might've been the one time we actually got a cinematic of our own. Then it went straight to Saurfang and Horde plot development.

Your team already got Old Soldier, and now you get another for yourselves.
I’m excited for it. Some Horde players are fine being villains but a lot of us are not.

The only way I can see this ending with both Horde factions happy is if Sylvanas gets deposed but allowed to remain as the forsaken leader. That gives the Forsaken evil faction and the main honorable Horde faction under the same red banner, as it’s always been. But that would leave the Alliance without a victory. So Sylvanas has to die.
Once again proves our point, Alliance's sole purpose of existing is to be the backdrop for the Horde's identity crisis storyline.
11/02/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Bretherezen

"Punching bag of the story"

*Looks at the flaming husk of Teldrassil and thousands of Night Elves dead.*

Uhh....
11/02/2018 12:06 PMPosted by Rennekin
Once again proves our point, Alliance's sole purpose of existing is to be the backdrop for the Horde's identity crisis storyline.

Maybe horde's sole purpose of existing it to let alliance play as the heroes?

I didn't see it coming.. I'll be interested to see where it leads.
How bout we just wait till the current story is finished before we all start chucking our two cents in.
I mean its titled appropriately. Saurfang has lost his honor with this.
Saurfang is new warchief and banshee becomes the AOTC.
11/02/2018 12:09 PMPosted by Hamstar
11/02/2018 12:06 PMPosted by Rennekin

Maybe horde's sole purpose of existing it to let alliance play as the heroes?

See you can say that, but then realize that there is totally room to write an Alliance identity crisis narrative between people that support Anduin's goal for peace and make a faction divide with Tyrande and Mulfurion wanting to finally eradicate everything Horde. If Anduin is going to work with Sylvanas, there's great room to create a tension storyline of people that wouldnt support working with greenskins.....but that would mean writing a unique Alliance story.

So once again, Alliance's sole existence is to be the backdrop for the Horde's Story.
I thought it was amazing, really captures the price of war, and the emotion of knowing you have to take out someone that is going to destroy your world. The enemy of my enemy is the best way to put it. And its true one cannot defeat her without the other. Saurfang isnt joining the alliance, thats a childish way to look at it. They need to help each other to stop an evil that is permeating one faction to destroy it from within, and outright slaughtering the other faction.

She must be removed in order for both factions to survive. Really good cinematic showing how we need to cooperate in order to have a chance at surviving this.
11/02/2018 12:10 PMPosted by Rhull
How bout we just wait till the current story is finished before we all start chucking our two cents in.

Why? Anyone who played MoP knows how it's going to end.
11/02/2018 12:03 PMPosted by Hnetu
The 'bait and switch' part was that it started in Stormwind and might've been the one time we actually got a cinematic of our own. Then it went straight to Saurfang and Horde plot development.

Your team already got Old Soldier, and now you get another for yourselves.

Except, that entire cinematic was Anduin's display of maturity, and fairness. Saurfang did nothing except display he's Vol'jin 2.0.
Blizzard doesn't rehash storylines, they just slightly change them.

"What about instead of Garrosh it's Sylvanas, and instead of Vol'jin it's Saurfang?"

Can't wait for Saurfang to die to a voidwalker giving him a purple nurple two expansions from now. He'll then name Bolivar as the new Warchief.
Alliance downgraded
Sylvanas overrated
Saurfang ACTIVATED!
"Why didn't you kill me? Do you have feeling for me? Do you find me attactive?".
"I could not kill you because you are so smooth, so beautifull".
I sure most of us were expecting to hear this when Alduin entered the cell.