No locks for kul tiran OR zandalari lmao

Warlock
11/04/2018 06:30 PMPosted by Cyyna
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I mean... the Zandalari were given the Paladin so they had to lose something. Furthermore, neither of the two races have been shown to dabble in demonic energies to any significant degree, so why would you expect them?

Sure, the Troll classes themselves were a good indication of what we could expect for the Zandalari, but Blizz hinting at playable Paladins likely meant that another class would be removed as a compromise.

Concerning the Kul'tiras Humans, there are almost no casters prevalent among their society. Jaina is an outstanding exception because she left Kul'tiras to become a Mage. The only caster-like classes that we were likely to see were Priests (because of the Void influence) and Shamans (based off of Tideseers and the Kul'tiran's connection to the sea). Druids initially took me by surprise, but I have yet to play through the Alliance side of things so I am oblivious to the ways in which Drust is incorporated into their culture.
you do realize the druskvar whitches are warlocks right?

What does a Drustvar witch have to do with the Zandalari and Kul'tiran Humans having access to Warlocks? The Drustvar Witches are former humans that have been empowered, altered and corrupted by the Drust. They have evolved into their own sub-race and are unlike our Warlocks because they don't use demonic energies, they invoke the Drust.

The Drust is a darker aspect of Druid magic that focuses on death rather than life. The Kul'tiras Human Druids use this magic, but they don't use it to the degree that the Witches have.

Drust /= demonic energy.
Welp
The entire selling point of this expansion were the two main allied races, and to wait over a year just to find out your class which should 100% be that race, cannot, is absolutely ridiculous...

Warlocks haven't had a new race option since Cataclysm (at least Horde side) with the exception of Nightborne which turned out to be a watered down copy of their NPCs with terrible art & animation.

This isn't about defending or bashing each allied race, but this is about the class (in this case Warlocks) not being able to enjoy a major part of the expansion's content. So as a Warlock, we have to watch EVERY SINGLE class in game with the exception of DK/DHs running around as the coolest race in the Horde, while we can't? It's not just a simple "reroll another class and play the race." Some of us are attached to our main (and for some of us that is are only toon as well) and have put years into the class and are too passionate about it to just let go and play something else for the sake of playing the new allied race.

Allied race were confirmed by Blizzard to be customization options for existing races, not brand new races. If that is the case, every allied race should be allowed to roll the same classes as it's main race. This constant flip-flop on lore vs game-play is ridiculous. Either the game needs to stay true to lore, or if lore is being sacrificed for game-play or marketing reasons, then they can't use lore as an excuse to justify some of these ridiculous decisions. The Pandaren loathe the Zandalari trolls, yet they teach them how to become monks (as a class option for Zandalari which makes no sense) and are fighting side by side with them in the Horde? Yet Zandalari cannot be Warlocks? How does that make any sense what soever either lore or gameplay-wise?
11/06/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Ashfinger
The entire selling point of this expansion were the two main allied races, and to wait over a year just to find out your class which should 100% be that race, cannot, is absolutely ridiculous...

Warlocks haven't had a new race option since Cataclysm (at least Horde side) with the exception of Nightborne which turned out to be a watered down copy of their NPCs with terrible art & animation.

This isn't about defending or bashing each allied race, but this is about the class (in this case Warlocks) not being able to enjoy a major part of the expansion's content. So as a Warlock, we have to watch EVERY SINGLE class in game with the exception of DK/DHs running around as the coolest race in the Horde, while we can't? It's not just a simple "reroll another class and play the race." Some of us are attached to our main (and for some of us that is are only toon as well) and have put years into the class and are too passionate about it to just let go and play something else for the sake of playing the new allied race.

Allied race were confirmed by Blizzard to be customization options for existing races, not brand new races. If that is the case, every allied race should be allowed to roll the same classes as it's main race. This constant flip-flop on lore vs game-play is ridiculous. Either the game needs to stay true to lore, or if lore is being sacrificed for game-play or marketing reasons, then they can't use lore as an excuse to justify some of these ridiculous decisions. The Pandaren loathe the Zandalari trolls, yet they teach them how to become monks (as a class option for Zandalari which makes no sense) and are fighting side by side with them in the Horde? Yet Zandalari cannot be Warlocks? How does that make any sense what soever either lore or gameplay-wise?

This.

Its like if blizzard have decide that warlock was going to become a race class like druid shaman and pally. The pally and druid have now as much option for the allied race that the warlock does.... And soon the shaman will become more commune than us.

Meanwhile nearly everyone can be a dam monk.
https://www.wowhead.com/news=288469/zandalari-and-kul-tiran-allied-race-classes-update?webhook/zandalari-and-kul-tiran-allied-race-classes-update

There you guys go... the official answer is no.

:)
This game is so bad it's almost comical
11/06/2018 01:59 PMPosted by Hobiethecat
This game is so bad it's almost comical

Dont let it get you down, Ide say stand up straight but DK's cant be them either.
Just saying

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Demoniac
@blizzard Like what’s your problem dude?
11/06/2018 02:18 PMPosted by Revlol
Just saying

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Demoniac

Zandalari Demon Hunters confirmed.

#ForeverForsaken

11/05/2018 02:41 PMPosted by Zavaro
I asked a GM and they said they can. They just have not updated the website.

This GM should be suspended for 24 hours.
Well guys, its been confirmed they messed up on blizzcon panel about us. Think im done. I was rly hoping to race change to zandalari in 8.1....screw this pos expansion. Yipz. Is definately right.. :(
11/06/2018 03:05 PMPosted by Soulfiction
Well guys, its been confirmed they messed up on blizzcon panel about us. Think im done. I was rly hoping to race change to zandalari in 8.1....screw this pos expansion. Yipz. Is definately right.. :(
Yep, same
I mean if I cant be zandalari can we at least get the option to fix my DARKSPEAR TROLLS BACK THEN.

I just want a troll that stands straight up and can be a warlock.
Zandalari Demon Hunters confirmed.

#ForeverForsaken
Demoniacs are closer to warlock's Meta than demon hunters.

Whats frustrating is perhaps the confusion, or lack of attention to the lore.

Demoniacs are ancient to the Zandalari society, but now it becomes 'they have no connection to fel magic'.

We have an official book that states Zandalari hates Monks and Pandarens, and Pandarens views Zandalari as their boogeyman - and yet Zandalari monks is a thing.

What the hell is going on at the back?
Thought i'd mention a fun little fact while sitting here bored waiting for my sub to expire:

Of the 8 allied races, 3 can be warlock(the elves and dark iron). Paladin and Druids are in the same boat however at least those two can be the newest ones.
11/06/2018 06:17 PMPosted by Izuni
Thought i'd mention a fun little fact while sitting here bored waiting for my sub to expire:

Of the 8 allied races, 3 can be warlock(the elves and dark iron). Paladin and Druids are in the same boat however at least those two can be the newest ones.

Thought I was Going to be the only one to let my sub fall for this reason. Was the only thing keeping me going through emissaries, m+ and everything else.. only to find out we cant. What a huge disappointment :(
who cares, the only locks that matters are Void Elfs for alliance and Undead for Horde.
11/02/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Lenastus
11/02/2018 01:45 PMPosted by Haunter
two of those races are from post wod

do u contradict urself all the time?

Wow 3 allied race on 8 can be warlock so much love!!!

Meanwhile 2 of those are elf.

Forget 2 being elf, 2 are alliance and only 1 is horde.

Zandalari trolls are practicing all kinds of forbidden magic, having a few who tap into fel eventually is not a stretch (and Aff barely has any Fel as it is, it fits quite well with the soul and blood magic of evil trolls). What is hard to buy is Zandalari Paladins. How? Where?
11/06/2018 06:27 PMPosted by Volkihar
Thought I was Going to be the only one to let my sub fall for this reason. Was the only thing keeping me going through emissaries, m+ and everything else.. only to find out we cant. What a huge disappointment :(

Mines is dropping for a number of reasons this is just a bonus really.