No locks for kul tiran OR zandalari lmao

Warlock
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
I would like to know if this decision is final. I asked but I'm not expecting an answer.

To my understanding; which is not much admittedly I'm not some Warlock lore encyclopedia, Orc mages were self taught and I know the game was very different back then in it's reasoning behind things but the choice to introduce that seems very "for the player".

We spent years fighting Trolls... in like... every expansion is it really that hard to imagine at some point there was a cultural exchange between the Tribes? Zul did sail around the world and at one point I believe the game referenced several zones.

Correct me if I'm wrong about something. The only reason I don't play my Warlock is because I don't really enjoy the aesthetics of the classes that can be one , or the cast animations of the female blood elf.
11/07/2018 05:33 AMPosted by Talbyy
I would like to know if this decision is final. I asked but I'm not expecting an answer.

I was told the class team is always listening.
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Al%27tabim_the_All-Seeing

This was the Vanilla Yojimba Island quest giver for the ZG cloth sets. He can be seen here wearing Warlock armor. When we fight him in Thunder Island, he casts Shadow bolts at us.

Shadow bolt is warlock spell. Warlocks use Fel Magic. A Zandalari troll using Fel Magic.

If the excuse is that Zandalari culture is holy and no fel magic is allowed except for outcasts and traitors, then give Zandalari Warlocks the same treatment Orcs in Orgrimmar and Humans in Stormwind gave their Warlocks. Outcasts and banished from the main hubs, but regarded as useful.
If people can whine loud enough to get Kul'Tiran mages to exist, then I say protest loud enough to get the ALREADY ANNOUNCED Zandalari warlocks back on.
It goes as far back as February that they could be warlocks, every wowhead listing has them as warlocks, even the offical page did for a long while. I’d post the screenshot but apparently links don’t work
Bump, game is bad
Also dropped sub as you can see from my level i dislike the expansion. I kept sub up because i was going to level a Zandalari Warlock (its the only class I enjoy playing TBH) but guess now just save some money.
11/07/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Ceejay

This was the Vanilla Yojimba Island quest giver for the ZG cloth sets. He can be seen here wearing Warlock armor. When we fight him in Thunder Island, he casts Shadow bolts at us.

Shadow bolt is warlock spell. Warlocks use Fel Magic. A Zandalari troll using Fel Magic.

If the excuse is that Zandalari culture is holy and no fel magic is allowed except for outcasts and traitors, then give Zandalari Warlocks the same treatment Orcs in Orgrimmar and Humans in Stormwind gave their Warlocks. Outcasts and banished from the main hubs, but regarded as useful.

The mad man. He's done it. The NPC even has the quotes in game stating his original affiliation with the King as well as selling custom tribe made warlock class armor.
11/07/2018 06:36 PMPosted by Talbyy
11/07/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Ceejay

The mad man. He's done it. The NPC even has the quotes in game stating his original affiliation with the King as well as selling custom tribe made warlock class armor.

Yep. Blizzard can retcon all the stuff they want, but this guy is proof that there was a Zandalari Warlock in direct contact with King Rastakhan.

So much for that pure culture eh?
11/07/2018 05:33 AMPosted by Talbyy
To my understanding; which is not much admittedly I'm not some Warlock lore encyclopedia, Orc mages were self taught and I know the game was very different back then in it's reasoning behind things but the choice to introduce that seems very "for the player".
I'll be honest - Zandalari Warlocks makes more logical sense than Orc Mages in terms of logic and lore perspective.

There's plenty of Orc Lore that explores their Shamanism and how Warlocks came to be in their culture. There's hardly, if any at all, mage influence in the orc society.

One can even say Orc Mages are outcast of their society, as there's not even an influential figurehead, or even an official society/organization of orc mages.

If Orc Mages are made available 'for players' to explore despite very little background and lore support, i don't see why Zandalari Warlocks can't have the same leverage.
The people want it blizzard make it happen. You'll get my 25$ for a race change
Look up the Zandalari trolls called the Demoniacs....trolls and fel magic have and do exist..Blizzard needs to hire someone to study their own lore and storylines.
11/08/2018 05:41 AMPosted by Ysabæu
Look up the Zandalari trolls called the Demoniacs....trolls and fel magic have and do exist..Blizzard needs to hire someone to study their own lore and storylines.

Whoa I've never even heard of this one. Ythisens post is even added a reference already lol. It's amazing how you guys remember these things from so long ago honestly. I'm not even sure if my memory of Pandaria is at this level and I put more hours into that expansion than any other.

Fight the good fight cloth buddies!

R.I.P RickyBolts. Our hearts go out to you
End of the day if there are zero Zandalari monks and we suspend disbelief and assume the pandaren of all people would forgive them and teach them their ways, there should be warlocks when there are Zandalari fel and shadow users both in lore and in the game.

We are to assume all those Zandalari wouldn't jump at the chance to learn from Horde warlocks?
11/02/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Lenastus
11/02/2018 01:45 PMPosted by Haunter
two of those races are from post wod

do u contradict urself all the time?

Wow 3 allied race on 8 can be warlock so much love!!!

Meanwhile 2 of those are elf.
2 are also dwarf. Dark Irons and the normal Dwarves. :(

So disappointed that Kul'tirans cannot be Locks. Completely killed my urge to keep playing.
I read that the Zandalari racial (Loa one) is a primary stat buff while in Zandalar. What a useless racial.
11/08/2018 08:56 AMPosted by Fajra
I read that the Zandalari racial (Loa one) is a primary stat buff while in Zandalar. What a useless racial.
Everything is still PTR, so it can still be changed/reverted.

So yea, This 'No ZD warlock' decision can absolutely reverted as well.

Afterall, the Troll-ladin crowd got their wish despite being stated at the start that 'Prelate' are not considered playable.

So what gives them the right to call those who want ZD warlocks 'selfish entitled request' when they got their own self-entitlement released through excessive whining on the forums the first place?
Welp, glad I hadn't bothered to level my lock up yet.
11/08/2018 01:03 PMPosted by Fairyland
11/08/2018 08:56 AMPosted by Fajra
Everything is still PTR, so it can still be changed/reverted.

So yea, This 'No ZD warlock' decision can absolutely reverted as well.

Afterall, the Troll-ladin crowd got their wish despite being stated at the start that 'Prelate' are not considered playable.

So what gives them the right to call those who want ZD warlocks 'selfish entitled request' when they got their own self-entitlement released through excessive whining on the forums the first place?

Warlocks. We must complain like crazy. We salvaged legion by doing this, we can do it again
This was really the only thing keeping me hanging on as a mog lover. Zandalari look boss in mog. I have been so bored lately, though. If Warlocks aren't playable for me to play dressup with as dumb as it sounds I will probably finish this plate set on my alts and duck out for a few patches.