8.1 may be the end

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
11/04/2018 05:56 AMPosted by Varrow
5. There are some good class changes (prot warrior, WW Monk, probably more?)

I heard there suppose to be big changes but again Ion has said they will be tweeking classes along this expansion till the end. Some of the GCD changes are "fine" but when you look at the bigger picture this is not going to bring back any players. Everyone is still waiting for Big Changes.

11/04/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Masoschism
Actually there are about 5 or 6 specs that have somehow survived a large part of the constant pruning

If look at Legion to BfA, sure m8. If you look at WoD to BfA as you should at least, Big No
11/04/2018 06:55 PMPosted by Aethien
They just need to make the game available on mobile like they did with Diablo :p

Why do you think there's so much pruning going on. It's all a ruse to make the game fit on mobile devices...
11/04/2018 04:14 PMPosted by Ornasse
As someone who has not purchased BFA yet, 8.1 is not enough. I won't come back until the issues that make the game not fun for me are fixed, and that includes class design and alt leveling. Hearing that flight won't be until 8.2 or later means it's going to be a long time before I even consider subbing again.

Edit - Vendors don't mean anything to me, I don't do M+. Make the game actually fun for people other than raiders and M+ addicts.

Exactly, i quit playing wow and refused to buy BFA the day they showed the massive mobility nerfs to Ret Paladins on the day of the last blizzcon when they showed the double cool down on Freedom and Steed i knew my spec ive been playing since day 1 launch was screwed over once again. Then people kept linking the charts saying see Ret is one of the top specs once BFA came, like i told them Rets damage only looked good because it was inflated due to the passive blizz denies they Balance around (LIES). Friends and forums said the same thing that our dmg was good, now look at us dead last on the meters in everything and we received no damage nerfs at all when we hit rock bottom. Then for whatever damn reason the decided ret at the bottom is not good enough so lets nerf them even more and boom DP nerf gets tacked on. So unless i see big changes to ret by the time 8.1 releases bliz can go fook themselves.
11/05/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Azareel
Exactly, i quit playing wow and refused to buy BFA the day they showed the massive mobility nerfs to Ret Paladins on the day of the last blizzcon when they showed the double cool down on Freedom and Steed i knew my spec ive been playing since day 1 launch was screwed over once again.

We've all had that though. I played Feral Druid for a long time - and it was never particularly competitive in PVE or PVP - yet, a time came when some skilled players could royally pi$$ other players off with their power-shifts and periodic immunity to Fear and BAM! community complaints destroy the fluid nature of the spec.

All the defensive calls prior, to just stun the Druid fell on deaf ears until after the nerf, and then it became the very definition of un-fun.
Well I am subbed until april 2019
My account renews on the 11th, so unless something worthwhile appears this week, my account will be inactive by next week.

Was good while it lasted.
As much as it pains me to say this, cause i'm all for #RevertToMoP class design, it might ultimately not work as they had old background(That includes Class secondary buffs like haste and Crit in 2 ways, an active passive buff(5% in MoP) and the Class passive that gave more of a stat through gear) systems that played in each spec (Snapshotting/Bubonic{DoT refresh manamgement}) plus how they had number setups is completely different than now.
It does not help how the direction of WoW stats are heading for Main stats (Stam/Int/Agi/Str) only and secondary stats are being left in the dust. Combo that with no meta/full gem slots in gear/minimal enchants/ and no REFORGING to help with these dwindling secondary stats we are starving for secondary stats ( because the direction for secondary stats is that its not going to be better by 8.3).

But, I still have hope that they do think about reverting their philosophy of class design back a few expac and use that as a base for a moderation of new classes. I hope Blizzard will understand.

#RevertToMoP #MakeWoWGreatAgain
BTW, to Quote OP, this is not the end of WoW. There will ALWAYS be those who play wow for reasons of their own, and that is still a large margin of people. There will always be people who play wow, no matter the state it is in.
11/04/2018 11:14 AMPosted by Prisse
It isn't Blizzard anymore, it's just a name.

I think the introduction of Diablo Immortal gave up their game, honestly. We're talking about a company who were jealously guarded about IPs with anyone even a decade ago, and now they're whoring out Diablo out to a Chinese company for the sake of microtransactions?

Like, really, we knew Blizzard was a cash cow before, but now Activision is just getting greedy and seeing how much crap we're willing to spend on a company that's a shell of its former self.
11/05/2018 02:16 PMPosted by Propaganda
11/04/2018 06:55 PMPosted by Aethien
They just need to make the game available on mobile like they did with Diablo :p

Why do you think there's so much pruning going on. It's all a ruse to make the game fit on mobile devices...

Nah, we're going to play the game the way the devs do - on a spreadsheet.

World of Warcraft for MS Excel, bros: endless simulations and all the numbers we can handle!
My sub runs out early January but so far I am not seeing anything to keep me around. Blizzard has well and truly !@#$ed themselves this time. Ion is a %^-*ing dumbass with an ego the size of the moon who couldnt solve problems if his life depended on it. And Blizzard management seem unconcerned with their playerbase and more concerned with cash grabs.

So !@#$ blizzard.
11/05/2018 03:44 AMPosted by Ojoverde
Dont you have phones guys? The game is heading mobile.

Mobile games are not my thing. I am a MMORPH computer player, that expects a world and characters that are fleshed out with true depth, which a mobile game does not have the required resources for.
Well, my sub runs until January 14th, and I guess I'll only be subbing back in summer 2019 for classic. And the way things are going, I think there will be a mass migration of players to classic. And maybe when this happens, they'll finally see what class design philosophy the playerbase wants.
Nah, everyone says this every xpac and it's always
"no, it's different THIS time, THIS xpac"
yeah for 14 years "this will kill WOW" "WOW is dying"
"everyone is leaving" blah blah blah

Still going strong.
I suspect all of the negatives that are seen by many of the individuals in the WoW community are the same reasons many of those individuals are excited to see Classic WoW since it was so much more in-depth, challenging, "fun", exciting. I know back when I hit level 60, It was an accomplishment, something that people had actually strive for.

The lack of complexity, community, and the "funnel complex" have driven this current state of WoW into the ground.
11/05/2018 03:35 AMPosted by Dirtymind
11/04/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Masoschism
...Actually there are about 5 or 6 specs that have somehow survived a large part of the constant pruning. They aren't that difficult to find. Just look at any leaderboard.
But players don't want to chase the meta down the rabbit hole, cause that is so messed up... by the time the meta is locked down, you get that toon geared the nerf bat comes down and your in the same position as you were when you started.

Players experience the game through the class and spec they love, the attachment to your favourite avatar is a deep experience for many players. Its an invested bond for many... either its just the play style, or the fantasy, or just after decade or more you and that toon have been through a lot together. This is my main... I want to have a good experience with it always.

If your class feels bad, the game feels bad, if your spec is broken, you as a player feel broken.

14 year elemental shaman here, and I couldn't agree more.
Not even close
They don't care anymore. I really don't think they do. Actions speak louder than words. This game is bleeding subs. It is no longer their big money maker.

Look at the fiasco that happened with Diablo. How out of touch do you have to be with the community to not realize that this would happen? Their trailer has something like 97% downvotes. It's in the top 3 of most downvoted videos on youtube. Do you realize how sad that is? To be one of the top most disliked videos on youtube? Then you guys double down on mobile again. It is the most disliked game this year. How did you guys get to that point?

The point is not Diablo alone. The point is just how out of touch you guys have become. Your class designers are so far out of touch they don't know how to fix classes anymore or make them fun.

As others have said there was a time where I had multiple dps, healer and tanks. I literally enjoyed them all. Now? I try to play what sucks less and stick to 1-2 max level characters at any given time.

You guys cant fix this dumpster fire before 8.1 and its become evident by the changes so far we have seen on the PTR. It's not just player perception in the community of certain classes/specs. A lot of specs are mechanically broken and most if not all specs are flat out boring to play.
The funny or sad part in all of this, is any competent person would of been able to tell them this loss of players and money was coming if they had just payed attention.

Look at EA, one of their Developers told the players to deal with it or don't buy it. Their stock has been in free fall ever sense, and is still dropping. I think its value had dropped something like $80 sense he made that statement.

Then Blizzard did a fairly similar thing with their players base for Diablo. Then you look at their lack of communication or any form of interaction really with the WoW community.

Its extra amusing as Blizzard/Avtivision stock is now in decline after their 3rd quarter. While they gave a nice conference for investors, the analysts painted a fairly dreary picture of their companies performance in the last quarter with lost sales, and revenue from subs.

You would think they would work too turn this around, but it seams like business as usual, which will probably lead to cuts, which will lead to further lost sales, and subs.....
I've been in my guild for over 2 years now and this has been the first time EVER (aside from big holidays like Xmas) that we had to cancel our Tuesday reset raid due to lack of attendance.

Even by end of 7.3 when Legion was dying down we still made the numbers for Antorus.

This is sad.