Mythic Raid Lockout ?

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
I've been doing PUG heroic Uldir and today I just completed my first mythic raid kill ever - Taloc. When we were attempting to kill MOTHER, the raid leader would ask new people joining if they had already killed Taloc, and if so they could not join our group. Am I correct in understanding that you can only kill mythic bosses with the same raid leader each week?

My guild does not do much raiding, therefore should I join a raiding guild if I am interested in raiding on mythic? What are my options?
Mythic is a set lockout. It doesn't have to be the same leader, each person who killed Taloc in that group is locked to THAT mythic ID.

You cannot join another group, but people can join your in progress dungeon.
Nope you cant switch around like heroic, for whatever reason... god forbid people wanna do 1 boss per day.
The Sticky Thread discusses it in detail:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/15271089594

Copy / Paste from the thread:

Strict Instance-based Lockout
Used for: All classic raids (Molten Core through Sunwell), Heroic difficulty of Wrath of the Lich King raids through Throne of Thunder, and all Mythic difficulty raids.

Progress is tied to a fixed instance ID. Once tied to an instance ID, you may not enter any other versions of that raid of that difficulty until your raid lock resets.
If other players complete that instance while you are absent, the instance will be empty for you as well, because progress is tied to the instance, and not your character.
You may not switch between 10-player and 25-player raid size once locked to one size or the other (does not apply to Mythic which is 20-player only).
11/07/2018 12:19 AMPosted by Longos
Nope you cant switch around like heroic, for whatever reason... god forbid people wanna do 1 boss per day.

You can do one boss per day, just not with a different set of 19 strangers each time.
11/07/2018 07:28 AMPosted by Swillton
11/07/2018 12:19 AMPosted by Longos

You can do one boss per day, just not with a different set of 19 strangers each time.

Actually you can, assuming you have enough strangers willing to lock themselves to YOUR raid ID.
11/06/2018 10:14 PMPosted by Avare
My guild does not do much raiding, therefore should I join a raiding guild if I am interested in raiding on mythic?

Yes. If you're serious about raiding mythic, this is the only way to go.
REMOVE Strict Instance-based Lockouts from current and classic!
please remove strict instance lockouts, mythic pug should be pug friendly
11/08/2018 01:12 AMPosted by Longos

No, it shouldn't. It works the way it works and you can either play inside those boundaries or you can't. The choice is yours.

There is a reason for the boundaries, and if you spent less time spam posting about the way you want it and more time looking into any of the other hundreds if not thousands of threads on this topic over the years you would understand what that reason is.

No, it shouldn’t. The point of cross-realm Mythic opening is to (1) allow coordinated raid groups of players from differing realms to raid together, and (2) enable Mythic guilds the opportunity to get outside help. The point is not to encourage pugs.

If you want to raid Mythic, you have to play by the same rules everyone else follows. You don’t get special treatment.

No, it shouldn't.

Please don't. We don't need another tier of higher difficulty to compensate for such dumb move.
You guys already had months to do your guild stuff, why should pugs suffer?
11/09/2018 01:37 AMPosted by Longos

It's not "suffering" to be required to do it the same way everyone else is.

You have so far used words like "punishment", "disadvantage", and "suffering" to describe having the exact same opportunity, and the restrictions that come with it, as every single player in the game. Not having a game company give you charity access to the highest level of gear doesn't make you a victim. If you can't discuss an issue like an adult, then just don't discuss it.
11/09/2018 01:37 AMPosted by Longos

Why should pugs get special treatment just because M Uldir has been out for months?

If you can't get your act together to form a consistent group to do Mythic Uldir, then maybe Mythic Uldir is out of reach for you. That's okay: M Uldir is out of reach for a vast majority of players. But if you want to try your hand at Mythic Uldir, you have to play by the same rules that your predecessors did.
I agree with the rest of the replies in this thread. There is no reason pugs should get special treatment just because the content has been out for a couple months.

With that said, I think I would find it entertaining to see all of the tears on the forums when pugs come here to complain about Mythic raiding being hard and overtuned when they are constantly wiping cuz they have no coordination. Perhaps Blizz should change it after all, strictly for the entertainment value on the forums.