If you could ask Ion anything

General Discussion
So when did you get so disconnected from the community?
I'd ask him to consider dressing up a little nicer when he appears on video. You know. Some dark robes, a fancy scythe. Little makeup, like you just rose from a grave in tirisfal. Perhaps a live bat hanging somewhere in the background, darker more moody lighting, with a few dripping candles. I mean come on. As game director, he really could make a LITTLE more effort to look the part. Lore should dress as an undead minion. Throw in some maniacal laughter as he reveals the teams "evil plans" in the near future, and the entire process would be far more enjoyable to watch.
I'd ask him to consider dressing up a little nicer when he appears on video. You know. Some dark robes, a fancy scythe. Little makeup, like you just rose from a grave in tirisfal. Perhaps a live bat hanging somewhere in the background, darker more moody lighting, with a few dripping candles. I mean come on. As game director, he really could make a LITTLE more effort to look the part. Lore should dress as an undead clown. Throw in some maniacal laughter as he reveals the teams "evil plans" in the near future, and the entire process would be far more enjoyable to watch.

There. Now it's perfect
i would ask "who are you and why do you appear on forums so much?"
11/07/2018 10:57 PMPosted by Zeropointt
What would you ask?
Personally, I’d ask if he likes tacos. And if he does, I’d offer him a hamburger :D

The only place this thread can go is sadness.
Hey Ion what happen with well, raid pet in Most past raids, You not doing that?

Also of note? when Twilight cultist gear that was NPC only be useable as well "Sha Claws?" Ion?
I had ask him how many time gates it takes to kill a contract... one? two? cruuuuunch!
What would you ask?
Personally, I’d ask if he likes tacos. And if he does, I’d offer him a hamburger :D

I give you a hamburger. You raise it to your lips and take a bite. Your eye twitches involuntarily. Across the street a father of three falls down the stairs. You swallow and look down at the hamburger in your hands. I give you a hamburger. You swallow and look down at the hamburger in your hands. You cannot swallow. There are children at the top of the stairs. A pickle shifts uneasily under the bun. I give you a hamburger. You look at my face, and I am pleading with you. The children are crying now. You raise the hamburger to your lips, tears stream down your face as you take a bite. I give you a hamburger. You are on your knees. You plead with me to go across the street. I hear only children's laughter. I give you a hamburger. You are screaming as you fall down the stairs. I am your child. You cannot see anything. You take a bite of the hamburger. The concrete rushes up to meet you. You awake with a start in your own bed. Your eye twitches involuntarily. I give you a hamburger. As you kill me, I do not make a sound. I give you a hamburger.
11/08/2018 12:19 AMPosted by Tyl
I'd ask him to consider dressing up a little nicer when he appears on video. You know. Some dark robes, a fancy scythe. Little makeup, like you just rose from a grave in tirisfal. Perhaps a live bat hanging somewhere in the background, darker more moody lighting, with a few dripping candles. I mean come on. As game director, he really could make a LITTLE more effort to look the part. Lore should dress as an undead minion. Throw in some maniacal laughter as he reveals the teams "evil plans" in the near future, and the entire process would be far more enjoyable to watch.

Oooo! Can he hold a brain like those dudes in MST3K???
11/08/2018 01:16 AMPosted by Sevaryn
What would you ask?

I give you a hamburger. You raise it to your lips and take a bite. Your eye twitches involuntarily. Across the street a father of three falls down the stairs. You swallow and look down at the hamburger in your hands. I give you a hamburger. You swallow and look down at the hamburger in your hands. You cannot swallow. There are children at the top of the stairs. A pickle shifts uneasily under the bun. I give you a hamburger. You look at my face, and I am pleading with you. The children are crying now. You raise the hamburger to your lips, tears stream down your face as you take a bite. I give you a hamburger. You are on your knees. You plead with me to go across the street. I hear only children's laughter. I give you a hamburger. You are screaming as you fall down the stairs. I am your child. You cannot see anything. You take a bite of the hamburger. The concrete rushes up to meet you. You awake with a start in your own bed. Your eye twitches involuntarily. I give you a hamburger. As you kill me, I do not make a sound. I give you a hamburger.

This is so cool, creepy, intense and I LOVE IT.
What would you ask?

Much like when they ask for feedback and give us something else, nice.

I'd ask him just that: "Why don't you listen to your player base?"
11/08/2018 01:24 AMPosted by Tinybitty
What would you ask?

Much like when they ask for feedback and give us something else, nice.

I'd ask him just that: "Why don't you listen to your player base?"

You think you’d ask him this.
But you wouldn’t.
11/08/2018 01:24 AMPosted by Lilywhite

Alas, I can't take credit. It's an old Reddit joke.

About 10 years ago there was a thread on the World News subreddit about police in Australia raiding some awful stuff. Reddit's hilariously bad matching algorithms decided the thread would be best represented by a thumbnail of Paula Abdul. Some smartass compared it to the web search engine Cuil, whose short, infamous life was known primarily for its extreme disregard of what you what you typed into the search bar. Smartass #2 decided to define a "Cuil" as a unit of measurement to denote one level of abstraction away from what was asked, and gave vignettes to describe examples of increasing Cuils starting from the prompt "I ask you for a hamburger" which started out bizarre enough and grew increasingly Lovecraftian.

The OP basically described a situation of one Cuil. He asked for tacos and was given a hamburger. The copypasta I dropped was five.

Somehow that spawned actual philosophy discussions, because apparently philosophy students are never entirely joking about anything.
11/08/2018 01:24 AMPosted by Lilywhite

Alas, I can't take credit. It's an old Reddit joke.

About 10 years ago there was a thread on the World News subreddit about police in Australia raiding some awful stuff. Reddit's hilariously bad thumbnail-finding algorithms decided the thread would be best represented by a picture of Paula Abdul. Some smartass compared it to the web search engine Cuil, whose short, infamous life was known primarily for its extreme disregard of what you what you typed into the search bar. Smartass #2 decided to define a "Cuil" as a unit of measurement to denote one level of abstraction away from what was asked, and gave vignettes to describe examples of increasing Cuils starting from the prompt "I ask you for a hamburger" which started out bizarre enough and grew increasingly Lovecraftian.

The OP basically described a situation of one Cuil. He asked for tacos and was given a hamburger.

Somehow that spawned actual philosophy discussions, because apparently philosophy students are never entirely joking about anything.

Wow. I read this a couple times and I still don’t know what the !@#$ is going on. But I’m attracted to the peculiar and it seems like it’s simply a story viewed through some crazy kaleidoscopic-algorithm of digital madness.

Thank you for sharing.
Pull a Jim Carey put Ion in a movie where he cannot lie.

"I Cannot Lie!!"

My question would be...

When will you make professions viable again and quit putting high end patterns and recipes into mythic only dungeons?

Stop gutting our professions please.
What would you ask?

I want to ask him when his transfer to being lead of "secret mobile game in development" is.

*nods*
I want to ask Ion why he touch my tail ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Where's the proper new model for male night elves?
I would ask Ion if he owns a phone.
I'll ask him if he really likes the Horde so much, why does he allows a traitor takeover while we were doing so good with our current Warchief.