Instead of a new class, what about a new Spec?

General Discussion
I have seen discussions about wanting a new class. Then I saw someone say, "instead of a new class,' how about a new spec to our existing classes." It seemed like a great idea. Our classes only have 3 specs. They could use a new spec that is more in line with Warcraft 3.

Ideas for new spec: Dark Ranger, Sage, Tinker, Lich, Warden, Dark Knight, Night Warrior, etc.

Try to think what kind of actual spec would be cool, if any come to mind.
Tanking Shamans, Warder or something along that title "Earth Warder"
I'd rather have existing specs balanced better first, instead of piling on new potentially bad specs. I mean, priest has one DPS spec, and they can't even get that right.
More classes should have a 4th spec, imo.

Some of them could be simple variations like Gladiator for warriors, others could be more unique, like melee for hunters. Set Survival back to ranged, make some dual-wielding beastmaster who enrages with his pet the 4th spec.
They can't balance and/or properly utilize the ones they have. Why add more?
How about we get fun specs before we get new ones?
11/08/2018 07:02 AMPosted by Katielepew
I'd rather have existing specs balanced better first, instead of piling on new potentially bad specs. I mean, priest has one DPS spec, and they can't even get that right.

Do you really think that the existing specs will be balanced or will ever be close to being balanced? They will never be balanced. That is why Blizzard is continually updating them. You do something small to one, you off set the balance. Might as well say that one hit/spell = 1 damage. Then set the health for all to the same. Then everything will be balanced and it will not be any fun. That is why we have all of these special abilities in order to give us an edge, some are for to counteract those abilities. It is called trying to outsmart your opponent. That is why they have to be unbalanced.
11/08/2018 07:09 AMPosted by Ajora

They will never be balanced. Every different specs for the classes are suppose to be unbalanced. We are suppose to use those unbalanced specs to out smart our opponent. Each spec has spells, abilities, and so on to cancel out another spec's spells, abilities, and so on. That is why they are unbalanced.
11/08/2018 07:11 AMPosted by Rawnblade
How about we get fun specs before we get new ones?

Oh, I agree. Our specs right now are kind of boring. Of course trying to get Blizzard to fix them is like grinding your teeth. You can only grind so much, until your teeth are gone.
01/09/2018 06:18 AMPosted by Shadowfist
I made this post some time ago: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/16647414963#post-1

Rogue: Demon-hunter; Kinda like the Diablo3 Demon hunter. A poison-crossbow wielding stealth-range enthusiast. Or a Saboteur that uses bombs... maybe even leave a bomb in a pick-pocketed target Hehe.. boom.

Monk: Zen-master: Another dps spec that relies more so on ranged spell casting.

Hunter: Artillery; Gives them massive range and strong bombardment spells, but at the cost of movement and mobility.

Shaman: Spirit spawner: A pet class for shamans.... As an off-shot idea, making them tanky again would be weird, but I'd love the unique pet-spawning-tanking class.

Priest: Illusionist; Not so much a healer, or a dps... this is a straight up support to make things die quicker spec. Lots of CC and mimicry.

Of course the rogue one wouldn't be a demon hunter at this point, but the idea is still the same.
11/08/2018 07:13 AMPosted by Ironnic
11/08/2018 07:09 AMPosted by Ajora

They will never be balanced. Every different specs for the classes are suppose to be unbalanced. We are suppose to use those unbalanced specs to out smart our opponent. Each spec has spells, abilities, and so on to cancel out another spec's spells, abilities, and so on. That is why they are unbalanced.

That isn't even a little bit why some specs are just garbage in both PvP and PvE. There is a big difference between having mismatched strong points between specs to help create interesting PvP, and having specs really having nothing special going for them AND poor damage in all content.
Mage tank! Make it happen!
What I'd like to see:

--Ranged "Bandit" spec for rogues
--Ranged "Felsoul" spec for DHs (at the cost of some of their mobility)
--Tanking "earth" spec for Shaman.
--Tanking "Metamophosis" spec for Warlocks, where they tank in demon form.
--Healing "Lifestealer" spec for DKs, akin to Disc priests and Fistweaving monks that deal damage to increase their healing abilities.
I wish monks would have gotten a sage/scribe/Loremaster type spec. A ranged caster who uses chi based attacks, and some combination of scrolls and books.
The character writing in scrolls and books as animations would be neat too imo.
I agree completely. I'd like to see our current classes expanded before any new classes are introduced.

This is what I'd love to see:

Warrior Gladiator: MDPS Sword & Board
Death KnightPlague: MDPS Split Unholy into 2 specs, Unholy retains focus on summoning ghouls/undead minions while Plague is DoT focused - kind of like a melee Affliction Warlock - uses melee abilities to apply DoT instead of spells (Unholy runes changed to purple - Plague runes are green)
Paladin Crusader: MDPS Sword & Board

Hunter Unnamed: MDPS restore survival to a ranged spec w/traps, poisons, etc. change Melee hunter to be dual-wielding beastmaster who enrages with their pet w/access to exotic pets & remove the focus on bombs/traps
Shaman Earth Warden: Tank

Druid – n/a
Rogue Gunslinger: RDPS – create new weapon: Pistol - dual wields pistols & uses ranged attacks/skills, (similar to diablo DH)
Monk Unnamed: Healer – splt mist weaver into two separate healers, mist weaver focused on spells/casting, new healer focused on “fist weaving”
Demon HunterUnnamed: Tank split tank spec into two one focused on fel magic the other focused on demon form & abilities &
Demon HunterUnnamed]: MDPS – split DPS spec into two one focused on fel magic the other focused on demon form & abilities

Warlock Unnamed: Healer – syphons heath from enemies, sacrifices health from summoned demons, distributes health from party members
Priest Retribution: RDPS uses holy spells only
Mage Chronomancer: Healer, uses time to heal/reverse damage, like Chromie in the WoD scenario

Or we could make the new Paladin a RDPS using holy spells (shock-adin) and make the new Plague DK a RDPS also and that would balances out the # of Tanks, Healers giving us 8 tanks & 8 healers, and giving us 16 MDPS and 16 RDPS. (although I think the Sword & Board pally & melee DoT DK sound more fun)
If DH's are any indication ....I think you can expect new classes to have only 2 specs.

Sorry, but the general trend is that the devs are only getting lazier.
If they did add a new spec what would it be?
Rogue tank

We dont have enough leather tanks in the game
I would love a tank spec. you could almost viably tank as enh back in vanilla/bc. but I want a fourth spec like druids have so we can be truly hybrid.
The old Survival spec brought back as a new spec. I don't care what they call it, just bring it back.