Why do people report others for the smallest of reasons ?

General Discussion
I am just curious as to why people do this.
My greater concern is how vague some of the rules can be. Trolling is a notorious example of a vague rule. You may think you are obeying the rules just fine, but blizzard sees it another way and if you get in trouble, they won't give you a clear answer as to why either so and you can't learn from it.
Reported.
What one person sees as the smallest of reasons another may see as a big deal.

Like, if you call me a whiteknight, I'll probably just shrug.
If you call me a shill, I might sigh and maybe report.
If you call me a capslocked swearing ranting sexual thing, yeah - report.

In every case, -they- will see it as me reporting for the smallest of reasons.
Probably jealous of your low res level 55 DK.
Are posts like this the flavor of the month for November?

To answer your question, a myriad of reasons.

Some do it because they are easily offended.

Some don't for big violations, myself included. Language usually is not a determining factor for me. The reason I report is.......
Some do it purely to be trolls.
And some do it in hopes of cleaning up the image of this community.

The reason why, though, is not important. Was there a violation in that report or not. Yes or no. That is all that matters in the end.
I could literally write a list of reasons, but the most common ones are being too sensitive, annoyed with drama or trolling or just overall petty.
/popcorn

What did you get reported for?
11/08/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Lilyredwood

MY LONG LOST SISTER...ELF!

Also, this thread is very subjective and probably will not yield the kind of clean data you’re looking for.
Depends on the situation. Sometimes people take something as offensive when it's not, and sometimes folks are actively trolling for the response.
Everyone is so delicate these days and have no sense of humor.
Because it seems like most people today are overly sensitive babies.
11/08/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Lilyredwood

In the game or on the forums?

Are we talking reports for cheating? Botting? Language?

People report other people either out of spite or because they want to report wrongdoings (breaking the rules). That's obvious so... what is the point of this thread exactly?
Right. “Small things” is probably not that small since you’re not saying what it is you’re talking about.
I only report if it makes sense
11/08/2018 12:59 PMPosted by Lilyredwood
Thank you for the responses everyone I appreciate it was always curious as to why people do it... I dislike the fact that Arthurious reported me for no reason I was not trolling was asking a real question no trolling at all...

/more popcorn

What was the question? Or the subject if you can't say?
Thank you for the responses everyone I appreciate it was always curious as to why people do it... I dislike the fact that Arthurious reported me for no reason I was not trolling was asking a real question no trolling at all...

Reported for ending your post with an ellipsis.
11/08/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Hankypanky

/more popcorn

What was the question? Or the subject if you can't say?

Basically I should have clarifed my bad but for example I was doing a pvp match earlier today and healer in group said he was reporting me for being afk despite fact I was fighting right next to him....

I guess he wanted to be spiteful but I dont like getting false reports I gotten suspended in the past both on fourms and game sometimes for valid reasons but the majority of times its happened it was unjust cuz people were wanting to spite me ...
Like the KYS thread last hour ???

Well I did not report that , I have never reported anything or anybody . I really don’t care what others do or say on the internet.