I, Slayer of G'huun,

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
11/08/2018 09:54 PMPosted by Dirge
Kind of a kick in the junk to go from facing a Titan with your artifact weapon to wearing a radioactive necklace and being beaten by a pack of quillboars. One of my complaints are the world mobs are too densely packed together. I can barely get my whistle or hearthstone off before something aggroing.

Uhhh, don't try to fly away in the middle of a mob area? It's super easy to move 5 feet to the right and whistle out.
I think it should be slightly faster. Blizzard said that the world content does not scale as fast as your gear does. ie: You increase your damage by 5% and maybe the mob health increases by 4%.

That being said though, I'd still prefer to have no scaling at all and have the numbers speak the truth, even if it means that gear iLvl progression becomes much slower.
So that's it hu?

We are expected to fight only Demi Gods 100% of the time now eh?

You people take this stuff way too seriously.
11/08/2018 10:04 PMPosted by Tentaclatrix
So that's it hu?

Um, no, that's the point.

After we can kill Demi Gods, the quillboars and regular thugs patrolling the streets should die in about thirty seconds.

Instead, it takes just as long to kill them as it did before we got our awesome weapons and gear from killing the superbosses. So what's the point?
11/08/2018 10:05 PMPosted by Tyriellais
11/08/2018 10:04 PMPosted by Tentaclatrix
So that's it hu?

After we can kill Demi Gods, the quillboars and regular thugs patrolling the streets should die in about thirty seconds.

Instead, it takes just as long to kill them as it did before we got our awesome weapons and gear from killing the superbosses. So what's the point?

Sounds like you're complaining about issues wow has always had.

Deer in Hyjal were stronger than Scourge Generals in Icecrown when Cata came out.

Tell me, what's the point?
Blizzard would have to redo stats and armor from level 1 all the way through 120 if you wanted a sense of progression through the entire leveling process.

How can you expect not to get weaker before you get stronger during the 110-120 leveling experience?

When a new expansion comes out, the focus is basically directly on the new expansion and the progression it offers, stand alone. This is how it has always been. That's the reason the epic/legendary sword you pulled from the hands of a dead titan is now weaker then the pitchfork a wild boar just dropped in the mud. There needs to be a new progressive curve for the newest leveling experience, even if that kind of falls out of line with the last expansion coming into this one.
the game fantasy probably goes like once you hit 120 you can only get better, sturdier gear and sharper weapons, and you have access to the same abilities and magic and enchants as any other (wealthy) adventurer, it is the skill in their craft that differentiates some from the rest...
I'm not having any trouble mowing things down, and unlike Demonhunters, Warriors are not overpowered.
11/08/2018 10:07 PMPosted by Tentaclatrix
11/08/2018 10:05 PMPosted by Tyriellais

Deer in Hyjal were stronger than Scourge Generals in Icecrown when Cata came out.

Deer in Hyjal died faster after I got gear from dungeons in Cata than they did before. That's the point.

Gear no longer matters in open world.

I'm not talking about BfA mobs compared to Legion mobs. I'm talking about the exact same mobs. They die at the same speed, regardless of your gear.

And, no. That has NEVER been a problem before.
11/08/2018 10:15 PMPosted by Tyriellais

Deer in Hyjal died faster after I got gear from dungeons in Cata than they did before. That's the point.

I'm not talking about BfA mobs compared to Legion mobs. I'm talking about the exact same mobs. They die at the same speed, regardless of your gear.

Deer in Hyjal also become irrelevant after you out level the zone where as content in both Legion and BFA stays relevant due to WQ's and upscaling to reward higher gear.

It's really quite simple, and contrary to what you people are saying we do infact get stronger as we gear up.

Yes, it does. I went from only being able to kill about 2-3 mobs at once while using defensives upon hitting 120 to being able to pull about 8-10 mobs and aoeing them down without using defensives. Saying gear doesn't matter is asinine.

I want what hes smoking.
Defeat powerful titan?
Defeat a titan made old god?

get killed by random humanoid in stormsong.

casue a person capable of killing titan constructs, defeat multiple old gods, and more is time and time again growing weaker.

Let us dub it the [Curse of Devs]
11/08/2018 10:25 PMPosted by Lockedheart
Defeat powerful titan?
Defeat a titan made old god?

get killed by random humanoid in stormsong.

casue a person capable of killing titan constructs, defeat multiple old gods, and more is time and time again growing weaker.

Let us dub it the [Curse of Devs]

You didn't do that by yourself, you were with 14+ other players.

Gear 100% matters in the open world.

Does scaling suck? yes.
Should it be removed? Probably.
Does gear make no difference? No i 100% makes a difference.

I demolish mobs way faster now then i did when i first capped. I have more haste which lets me use more GCDs and hit for proportionally more damage.
On top of everything else that's been said, keep in mind too we are still in the first tier and we are already substantially more powerful than we were as fresh 120s.

Power gap will only get bigger
I casual pvper have no problem killing monsters
Things definitely die faster as you get gear, I want whatever you're on.

I have 2 120 hunters. This one was 350 before I started leveling my other one. When the other one hit 120, the difference was night and day. When the other one hit 350, there was no difference.

People need to stop overreacting. There is a massive difference as you get gear.

Most recently, my dark iron warlock hit 120, and when she first hit 120, it was painful. Then once she got some gear, she started killing things rather quickly. Now she just mows through them.
It's noticeably faster to kill mobs if you actually optimize your gear.

If you just throw on anything with a higher ilvl, yeah, you're going to have a bad time.

Especially as a warlock....