I, Slayer of G'huun,

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
I can relate OP. It takes all the fantasy out of the RPG when you don't advance as a character with becoming stronger. Scaling should have completely stopped at a certain point. It doesn't make things interesting, it makes things tedious.
fast for me. feels good.
"Hello Highlord. I know you were busy previously wielding The Holy Ashbringer and smiting the dark Titan Sargeras but if you please, go kill these 30 Naga and 10 crabs for the tortollan people!"

11/08/2018 09:41 PMPosted by Perseus
Still kill the average quest mob about the same speed that I did when I first got into heroic dungeon queues.

My character has literally only gotten weaker since Legion from the perception of the world of Azeroth. My character has gone from going toe-to-toe with titans to having to take my time on trash mobs that I pass by mining. Beginning expansion weeks? This is to be expected. At a heroic raid item level? Poor game design.
The people saying we killed old gods and titans etc, what are you suggesting, that we should just kill any normal mob with a single auto hit? Do you think before you post
11/08/2018 09:46 PMPosted by Perseus
11/08/2018 09:45 PMPosted by Sylvie
Goes fast for me.
Because it goes fast for a DH at any level, at any scaling.

Play Destro with Focused Chaos PvP Talent......like 40-45k Chaos Bolts (based on mastery proc) and Conflag instagibs mobs. Can also just chain pull with Bane of Havoc and kill every mob with Bane+Cataclysm+2 Conflags and maybe a rain of fire. As long as I don't have to pick up things on the ground world quests take seconds since everything dies so fast.
11/08/2018 09:55 PMPosted by Tyriellais
11/08/2018 09:54 PMPosted by Ohgodmyeyes
As Vengeance? Sounds about right. We're slow to kill at the best of times. As Havoc? I'd be pretty surprised if the same were true.

If we're slow to kill at the best of times, then we should be REALLY slow to kill with no weapons.

There is no change in speed. None.

Although, once I get home, I'll see just how low I can bring my iLevel before I start noticing a drop in either survivability or kill speed.

Depends on what you are using. If you are strictly white swinging, then it will take WAY longer with garbage tier weapons. If you are chain pulling with Fel Barrage and Eye Beam (like you should for overworld), then the difference isn't AS big since you are probably only losing like 20%-ish of your overall main stat since I am fairly certain neither of those abilities care what your weapon damage is. That isn't even accounting for the fact you probably overkill mobs with your regular set up since Havoc burst AoE is astronomical.
11/09/2018 04:59 AMPosted by Flappydrood
I have four 120's. At fresh 120, you feel weak as heck. Once you're 340 all world mobs are trivial outside world bosses and rare mobs with 1.5m health. This has been consistent on all four toons.

The mob scaling is not one-to-one with ilvl. So anyone having a bunch of trouble at 120 is either undergeared, bad, or lying.

its not about "having trouble"

yes mobs are easy for me now but I've gained about 30 ilvls since i started keeping track and I haven't gotten any stronger vs world mobs in that 30 ilvls.

still taking 4 or 5 globals for me to kill a world quest mob, the same as before i started raiding.
idk man i have no problems and i feel significantly more powerful in the world. I can solo just about any Elite world quest mini-boss now and I couldn't before.
Progress? What is that?
I guess killing things in 6-7 seconds is just too long compared to the previous 1 second?
11/09/2018 02:16 AMPosted by Gart
At least the death loa mocks us for our untimely demise.

Bwonsamdi's jokign at our death is why i will at tiems randomly kill myself just to hear it :3

11/09/2018 05:19 AMPosted by Sendes
Maybe Demo locks, but seriously mobs melt.

some mobs survive 2 CB's and 2 conflags.
I mow mobbs down so not sure what's going on with you OP
11/09/2018 03:57 PMPosted by Lockedheart
11/09/2018 02:16 AMPosted by Gart
At least the death loa mocks us for our untimely demise.

Bwonsamdi's jokign at our death is why i will at tiems randomly kill myself just to hear it :3

11/09/2018 05:19 AMPosted by Sendes
Maybe Demo locks, but seriously mobs melt.

some mobs survive 2 CB's and 2 conflags.

Well, mobs die really fast as Affliction so I don't know what to tell you.
wonder what they say around the office about scaling...

"just hold out theyll get used to it"
"its for new players, the old ones will adjust"
"gosh, theyre still complaining on the forums about it?"
"we promised the shareholders increased played time, cant back out now"
"how can we pretend to revert it while doubling down even harder" - aka pathfinder
11/08/2018 09:46 PMPosted by Perseus
11/08/2018 09:45 PMPosted by Sylvie
Goes fast for me.
Because it goes fast for a DH at any level, at any scaling.

I'm affliction and mobs died within seconds after I hit 330. I'm not sure what you're doing, but it's wrong.
11/09/2018 12:10 PMPosted by Rautha
11/09/2018 04:59 AMPosted by Flappydrood
I have four 120's. At fresh 120, you feel weak as heck. Once you're 340 all world mobs are trivial outside world bosses and rare mobs with 1.5m health. This has been consistent
on all four toons.

The mob scaling is not one-to-one with ilvl. So anyone having a bunch of trouble at 120 is either undergeared, bad, or lying.

yes mobs are easy for me now but I've gained about 30 ilvls since i started keeping track and I haven't gotten any stronger vs world mobs in that 30 ilvls.

still taking 4 or 5 globals for me to kill a world quest mob, the same as before i started raiding.

You're a tank maybe it's different? I'm only 340 and I can just mow down mobs. Fresh 120 (prolly 290 ilvl) I had to pop half my coodowns and it still took twice as long to kill anything.
11/10/2018 03:14 AMPosted by Flappydrood
<span class="truncated">...</span>

You're a tank maybe it's different? I'm only 340 and I can just mow down mobs. Fresh 120 (prolly 290 ilvl) I had to pop half my coodowns and it still took twice as long to kill anything.

no tank is my offspec. i always quest as ret.

my ret weapon is 395 and it still takes me 5 globals to kill a quest mob. same as when I was at 350.

they basically removed all progression of power in the outdoor world in between normal raiding and mythic level raid gear.

no tank is my offspec. i always quest as ret.

my ret weapon is 395 and it still takes me 5 globals to kill a quest mob. same as when I was at 350.

they basically removed all progression of power in the outdoor world in between normal raiding and mythic level raid gear.

You are almost certainly lying about the difference.

Once you hit about 350 the scaling slows down even more.

For the love of sanity stop with the hyperbole.
11/08/2018 09:47 PMPosted by Averyx
Scaling in current content is retarded.
oof...and the hard "r" too.
OP no offense but you're doing something wrong, are you clicking abilities or using key binds?