BFA Dungeons, Island Expeditions, and Raids
Please use this thread for feedback and bug reports regarding this encounter, or related issues. Noting the nature of your group (Mythic guild premade, PUG, etc.) is helpful, as are any logs. Thank you to everyone who has come out to help test!
Please, please make it so that addons cannot cheese the robot input codes. A pretty unique mechanic that traditionally just gets broken by weak auras or something.
11/09/2018 03:26 PMPosted by Ningjinq
Please, please make it so that addons cannot cheese the robot input codes. A pretty unique mechanic that traditionally just gets broken by weak auras or something.

This is why I quit playing wow. Raiding used to be fun to see fights and learn. Now, it's who can make an addon and invest time in PTR to know what to do day 1. Funs gone. Hope they fix it by killing addons that ruin the pve experience. Apologies as I know it's not 'this encounter' but it's 'feedback'.
Addons are great, but any addon that allows you to cheese the main mechanic should be broken.

Yea and just remove macro capability in the fight too, that should solve it all.
The wormhole generator ability can be super deadly. Teleports people to 1 spot, then launches some into the air and polymorphs 3 people followed very closely by a Buster Cannon. If the wrong combination of healers all get launched or polymorphed, it's impossible to get all of the polymorphs dispelled fast enough before the Buster Cannon destroys them. We were able to succeed on some of our later pulls since we had 4 priests that could quickly mass dispell. I won't say that this HAS to change, as it can be solved with very quick healers and decent RNG, but it is definitely tough.

The part that should probably be fixed is when people are launched and fall down right into the Buster Cannon...fall damage + buster cannon are nearly impossible to survive unless you are a class with an immunity. We shouldn't have to rely on RNG to let us get the kill.

The other mechanics seem okay. I never got the privilege of being shrunk so I don't know what it was like in the robots but my pug team was having a very hard time figuring out how to see the code. No idea personally since I wasn't in there.

Definitely a challenging fight as we only hit 80% during our hour.
11/09/2018 05:51 PMPosted by Dvirus

Yea and just remove macro capability in the fight too, that should solve it all.

It’s not about using addons, it’s that if they add a very unique mechanic like this, it shouldn’t be trivialized with an addon.

Most things that dbm and other addons help on don’t actually trivialize anything. You still have to deal with them. This would be 100% trivialized if it just automatically told you which ones to be pressed.

The difficulty of this mechanic comes from requiring communication. Automating that removes all difficulty.
Our gigantic guy got polymorphed and ran over all of us instantly after a teleport.