So IO is broken yet people are still demanding it?

General Discussion
I find this funny, people who should have high IO scores have low IO scores atm because the armory isn't getting updated atm with the latest game info.

Some peoples armory's are 30 days out of date at this point and they could of got to 120 and 380 ilvl and finished every mythic+ at 8 or 10 or w/e and then get refused a spot because IO says 0 IO score instead of their real 1000 or so score

Do the people still using IO not know it's broken or what?

If it was working and people could at least increase their score by doing the content I could understand people still using it even if I don't like it but when it's broken lol
You're demonesla. You ran a +7 waycrest yesterday but failed to meet the timer. The key before that was a +5 Siege that you one chested, boosting your score to 430.

Raider IO is working fine mate, either they or you need to update your addon to access it properly.
So Tried of people complaning about Raider IO I dont use it at all and I despise it its horrible and just like gear score was back in Lich king a horrible evil..

But you know what ?

I Just dont use it and run my own Mythic keys and form groups by my own standards for higher end mythic plus runs here are the steps I use.

1. Check Item level

2. Test out their damage in a duel or a Trial run of a Mythic Zero where I measure their dps with an addon. (Same goes for healer aka see their healing output)

3. Profit

4. Sucesfully finishing duegon within timer and getting good loot. ( I am a casual but I done a +8 before on my main which this toon is not yet)
The solution to all of your raider.io problems:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769709260#post-1
11/09/2018 05:28 PMPosted by Aamodon
You're demonesla. You ran a +7 waycrest yesterday but failed to meet the timer. The key before that was a +5 Siege that you one chested, boosting your score to 430.

Raider IO is working fine mate, either they or you need to update your addon to access it properly.

Not talking about me, half the guild hasn't had armory/IO update in the last week or so and some of them last update was a month ago. Seems to be random if it updates or not.
11/09/2018 05:45 PMPosted by Demonesla
11/09/2018 05:28 PMPosted by Aamodon

Not talking about me, half the guild hasn't had armory/IO update in the last week or so and some of them last update was a month ago. Seems to be random if it updates or not.

I don't know anyone with a similar problem, your guildies should make sure they're updating their addon. The addon has to be updated almost daily to have the most current information available to it.

it's also possible their runs aren't getting on the leaderboards.
I never pushed M+ to push my IO score, never had the addon/don't know my score

Have I been rejected to groups? Sure. I just sign up for another.

I think if you have issues getting into groups, play a tank or healer(needed roles) or just start a group

I don't see the issue here?
The issue with raider.io is that the leaderboard on populated realms fills up crazy fast. For example, on my server, Zul’Jin, you need to chest a +10 Atal’Dazar or Freehold (or higher) for your run to even count for those dungeons now. Also, it tends to be wildly inaccurate towards the end of the week when many, if not all, of your runs might not be counted towards your score.
If you beat the timer, your score should improve regardless of some arbitrary leaderboard.

Eff that shizzle.
11/09/2018 05:58 PMPosted by Darkynhalvos
If you beat the timer, your score should improve regardless of some arbitrary leaderboard.

Eff that shizzle.

This is a blizz problem not an io problem.
After all the fuss over raid io I went to the web page and looked at the addon.

Looks kinda neat, kinda like the end all be all gearscore thing from years ago.

It seems the addon has to sync to get the latest updates to a persons io score.

How long till someone figures out how to tweak the addon after they download it, so it gives a fake score.

- P
11/09/2018 06:38 PMPosted by Pahbi
How long till someone figures out how to tweak the addon after they download it, so it gives a fake score.

I mean you could do that, but the only one seeing that fake score would be you so I dunno how that helps.
11/09/2018 05:09 PMPosted by Demonesla
I find this funny, people who should have high IO scores have low IO scores atm because the armory isn't getting updated atm with the latest game info.

Some peoples armory's are 30 days out of date at this point and they could of got to 120 and 380 ilvl and finished every mythic+ at 8 or 10 or w/e and then get refused a spot because IO says 0 IO score instead of their real 1000 or so score

Do the people still using IO not know it's broken or what?

If it was working and people could at least increase their score by doing the content I could understand people still using it even if I don't like it but when it's broken lol

Umm, the only broken thing here is your argument. Complain all you want, make up lame excuses and keep posting on GD how unfair it is but it is here to stay. So either do something about it on your end or just accept it. But please just stop pretending it’s not you that is at fault.
11/09/2018 06:45 PMPosted by Fancypantsz
11/09/2018 06:38 PMPosted by Pahbi

I mean you could do that, but the only one seeing that fake score would be you so I dunno how that helps.

Well, I haven't looked at it, so I'm completely clueless.

But I'm guessing the addon broadcasts your io score on a channel that other users with the io addon then pickup when they mouse over you. Its that addon to addon broadcast where you inject the fake information. Assuming thats even doable. :)

- P
11/10/2018 12:15 AMPosted by Pahbi
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Well, I haven't looked at it, so I'm completely clueless.

But I'm guessing the addon broadcasts your io score on a channel that other users with the io addon then pickup when they mouse over you. Its that addon to addon broadcast where you inject the fake information. Assuming thats even doable. :)

- P

You don't broadcast anything. Essentially, raider.IO addon downloads a list of current scores and leaderboards based on the WoW leaderboards hosted by Blizzard. When you mouse over someone, the addon presents their M+ experience and their raid progression to you. That's why this whole "Injecting fake info" thing is a load of baloney. The information you see from the Addon is hosted on your side, not their side.

Please, if you don't know how something works or you know too little to comment on it, don't make silly post likes this. There are too many people on this site who hate raider IO because they don't know how it works and use posts like this to confirm their bias.
11/09/2018 05:55 PMPosted by Boskins
The issue with raider.io is that the leaderboard on populated realms fills up crazy fast. For example, on my server, Zul’Jin, you need to chest a +10 Atal’Dazar or Freehold (or higher) for your run to even count for those dungeons now. Also, it tends to be wildly inaccurate towards the end of the week when many, if not all, of your runs might not be counted towards your score.

Then you join a group with anyone not on a super populated realm. The only realms that fill up that fast are the SUPER overpopulated "big 5" of like A52 and Tich and such. Even Kiljaeden (a high pop server) caps out at like a 7-8 on Monday nights for leaderboards. As long as SOMEONE in the group can have dungeon count then you will get score regardless of what YOUR realm is.
11/09/2018 05:32 PMPosted by Clasmenethil
So Tried of people complaning about Raider IO I dont use it at all and I despise it its horrible and just like gear score was back in Lich king a horrible evil..

But you know what ?

I Just dont use it and run my own Mythic keys and form groups by my own standards for higher end mythic plus runs here are the steps I use.

1. Check Item level

2. Test out their damage in a duel or a Trial run of a Mythic Zero where I measure their dps with an addon. (Same goes for healer aka see their healing output)

3. Profit

4. Sucesfully finishing duegon within timer and getting good loot. ( I am a casual but I done a +8 before on my main which this toon is not yet)

It is very obvious from how you "test" people that you don't actually run anything higher than a +6 or +7... Who "Tests" other people? You'd have to be stuck back in the Wrath of the Lich King days... people don't do that anyhow, sorry to say. lol

Anyhow, people complain about it because they're often rejected from groups because of their lacking score.

A majority of people that use it also look at completions rather than the score.
Raider io pulls the data from the mythic+ leaderboards and not the armory so I fail to see what your argument is?
Mythic dungeons create an in-group and an out-group. There just happen to be a large portion of people in the out-group that are convinced that they belong in the in-group and it’s a fluke that they’ve been sorted into the out-group.

They blame this perceived fluke on raider.io, but whatever would fill its role in its absence would be equally to blame for their being sorted into the out-group in their opinion.
Well depends on the number of complains , since blizzard always caves in :)