Do you use wands?

Warlock
I did heroic Uldir tonight and got a 370 wand off Taloc, figured I'd come here and ask before scrapping in case you do. Right now I'm using a dagger and an offhand. I remember way back in the day we had range slots, but now it goes in your mainhand. Is it worth keeping or is it trash?
wands are exactly the same as any other mainhand weapon now, the only difference being that they have the capability to shoot, which in the current game is useless anyway. treat it as you would any other weapon - if it's an upgrade it's an upgrade, if not, scrap it.
Alright only bad thing is I can't transmog it into a staff or a dagger xD
yea, it's annoying that wands can't mog into our artifacts since there are so many wand sources this expansion, but cest la vie
No, it is pointless to use wands,
but in CLASSIC, you absolutely WILL use wands, and
like it!
Not if I can help it. I've accidentally pulled a handful of raid/dungeon bosses because I wanted to combat idle stance while I waited for the tank to pull. Wands won't let you do that
11/12/2018 03:28 PMPosted by Raathe
Not if I can help it. I've accidentally pulled a handful of raid/dungeon bosses because I wanted to combat idle stance while I waited for the tank to pull. Wands won't let you do that

Not only that but also if you fire off a shot mid fight, rip that gcd.

I don't accidentally pull with wands, even after several expansions of having never used one I'm pretty aware of that risk, but i have been known to fire shots into a crowd while changing targets and that feels bad man. Between that and the lack of transmog options i opted for a very small downgrade staff instead. I'm not usually one for form over functionality but if i avoid even just one gcd invoking wand shot i believe my staff pulls ahead anyway.

Or i could, y'know, git gud, but meh. Screw wands. Till they get a fixxin I don't want em.

Also to that classic guy, even in classic wands aren't as important to warlocks as they are to mages and priests. Life Tap may be less efficient back then and essentially further strained healer mana but it still existed and could be used relatively sparingly. Though yeah probably will still end up wanding every now and then especially since wands were in the ranged slot so everyone had em
11/12/2018 03:12 PMPosted by Milynde
like it!

Wands were pretty powerful while leveling in Classic!
11/12/2018 05:56 PMPosted by Jandrenna
like it!

Wanding was also our only threat dump back in the day. RIP Soul Shatter.
11/12/2018 05:56 PMPosted by Jandrenna
like it!

This is how i finished off mobs back in vanilla when i was grinding banshee around the frozen wintersping lake (iirc) to get from 55-60! lol
#manamanagement