8.1 Feral is Garbage

Tides of Vengeance PTR General Discussion
-Double nerf to rip (5 point rip in live does more damage than 5 point rip in ptr and the removal of our "hidden" haste = double nerf while also nerfing rake and lunar inspiration with nothing to compensate. Rip, what should be our top damage in both single target and cleave, is a distant 5th on single target again making it likely that rip will be useless to cast on anything that lasts under 45 seconds).

-Removal of our execute phase is the absolute single worst change in YEARS (would've been better to remove the !@#$ty-%^- Sabertooth talent NOT Blood Scent).

-Nothing was done to improve our instant AoE damage - Brutal Slash is still laughable when compared with ANY OTHER MELEE'S instant AoE damage.

-Primage Wrath introduces unneeded complexity by adding yet another finisher (5 now). It's instant damage is pitiful and NO CLASSS EVER in the history of WoW should waste resources applying a dot/bleed on targets that will die within 10-15 seconds (especially a bleed as hilariously week as rip).

-The ONLY single target modifier on the t90 talent row is Brutal Slash. Would've been better to completely remove Thrash and Swipe and make Brutal Slash turn all of our abilities into cleave like so many other melee classes have.

-Savage Roar competing with Incarnation feels horrible. The energy regeneration from Savage Roar is not noticeable - like AT ALL and Incarnation's buff to shred is just to powerful (I'm sure Blizzard answer to this will be to nerf Incarnation).

-The removal of our "hidden" haste makes energy regeneration a real problem where even with 3 stacks of Flesh Rending, our melee hit will be near top dps on single target.

-NOTHING has been done to address raid utility. No buff's, immunities, md's - simply returning Symbiosis would've solved this issue. Somehow a plate wearing two handed wielding warrior is still twice as mobile.

-No communication or modification to obvious issues from Blizzard. I guess if they think if they keep saying "improving communication" it will just magically happen without them actually doing it. This is it - 8.1 will go live with these changes and feral will need to be hot fixed till 8.2.5 - no thanks. Here's a big F-U Blizzard.

On single target raiding dummy for 4 minutes, I'm a SOLID 3k lower dps on the PTR. That's using my best combination of talents and traits. I feel so horrible saying this and have tried my best to curb my emotion because feral has been my favorite class for a very long time now - but I'm done.
Blizzard - please don't take a lack of feral feedback as everything is OK. The lack of feedback is because most of the feral theory crafters have moved on, no longer try to communicate to you, or stopped playing WoW all together.

You guys are incapable of creating scripts to test optimal rotations and see where the dps shortfalls are compared to other classes which is pitiful since you have access to all of those protected functions (or you would've done this in Alpha, Beta, or now in the PTR).

The changes you are making to Feral for 8.1 are so much worse than what we currently have in live.
God i am no longer excited about 8.1... i might switch of druid.
I play resto but when i want to have a nice time I used to go feral...
it is ok it was needed stop acting like it was ok 2 be so broken
Mediocrity was ok when we could be both a mediocre tank and mediocre DPS in the same fight. Either put them back together or make them viable specs in some fashion.

They just have no niche to fill anymore and are commonly viewed as a missed opportunity if you let one into your group for mythic or raids.
>> 8.1 Feral is Garbage

WoW is Garbage.
11/12/2018 06:52 AMPosted by Grimmrook
it is ok it was needed stop acting like it was ok 2 be so broken
Feral is not broken in live just like it wasn't broken before 7.2 (learn to play).

The ONLY thing that needed any love is instant AoE damage. This was needed because 80% of raid bosses have mechanics where AoE adds need to die RIGHT NOW and to help us be relevant in M+.

Guess what... instant AoE still needs love even with their !@#$ty changes. So not only is our single target dps being nerfed but our AoE instant damage is unchanged. Don't get me wrong - they will fix this...……… eventually. Like around 8.2'ish. Have fun with that!
11/11/2018 08:38 AMPosted by Acken
-Double nerf to rip (5 point rip in live does more damage than 5 point rip in ptr and the removal of our "hidden" haste = double nerf while also nerfing rake and lunar inspiration with nothing to compensate. Rip, what should be our top damage in both single target and cleave, is a distant 5th on single target again making it likely that rip will be useless to cast on anything that lasts under 45 seconds).

-Removal of our execute phase is the absolute single worst change in YEARS (would've been better to remove the !@#$ty-%^- Sabertooth talent NOT Blood Scent).

-Nothing was done to improve our instant AoE damage - Brutal Slash is still laughable when compared with ANY OTHER MELEE'S instant AoE damage.

-Primage Wrath introduces unneeded complexity by adding yet another finisher (5 now). It's instant damage is pitiful and NO CLASSS EVER in the history of WoW should waste resources applying a dot/bleed on targets that will die within 10-15 seconds (especially a bleed as hilariously week as rip).

-The ONLY single target modifier on the t90 talent row is Brutal Slash. Would've been better to completely remove Thrash and Swipe and make Brutal Slash turn all of our abilities into cleave like so many other melee classes have.

-Savage Roar competing with Incarnation feels horrible. The energy regeneration from Savage Roar is not noticeable - like AT ALL and Incarnation's buff to shred is just to powerful (I'm sure Blizzard answer to this will be to nerf Incarnation).

-The removal of our "hidden" haste makes energy regeneration a real problem where even with 3 stacks of Flesh Rending, our melee hit will be near top dps on single target.

-NOTHING has been done to address raid utility. No buff's, immunities, md's - simply returning Symbiosis would've solved this issue. Somehow a plate wearing two handed wielding warrior is still twice as mobile.

-No communication or modification to obvious issues from Blizzard. I guess if they think if they keep saying "improving communication" it will just magically happen without them actually doing it. This is it - 8.1 will go live with these changes and feral will need to be hot fixed till 8.2.5 - no thanks. Here's a big F-U Blizzard.

On single target raiding dummy for 4 minutes, I'm a SOLID 3k lower dps on the PTR. That's using my best combination of talents and traits. I feel so horrible saying this and have tried my best to curb my emotion because feral has been my favorite class for a very long time now - but I'm done.

I agree - I played around with it a bit and I like it on live a lot better and it isn't even that great on live.

Brutal slash really needs to be buffed and I would really love to see more overall up front damage. Way way too much DoT damage in feral this expansion which really narrows the type of content it is useful in at all.

Removing jagged wounds is really not a desirable thing either, that is just compounding the problems of too much DoT damage and too little up front physical damage.
Feral is so bad i WQ as a bear......... so my sparkle cat form doesn't get any use thank goodness i have hulk bear to make up for that.
Hey - good job on those 8.1 class changes devs... not!

In fact - I'm just going to stop calling you devs. You clearly don't know how to test your own code. From Unit Testing to actually doing a precursory run to see if things "work" as intended to running in-game scripts for class balancing - you guys fail. I'll come up with a more appropriate word to describe a bunch of CIS degree morons who simply are riding the coattails of those who went before them.
Just play balance dude arguably one of the best spec in the game.
8.1 classes are garbage