Cross Zone Phasing

General Discussion
Not sure if I'm using that term correctly, but I was curious to hear the community's thoughts on the ideology of the current system of players on different servers are phased into your own and vise versa.

I understand what Blizzard was trying to do with this by making the game seem more "alive" and "active" in the wake of subscription losses, but wow. I find it to be far TOO active at times. Ever found yourself doing a quest and suddenly there will be 15 other people around you on the same quest? I'm all for quests being challenging, but "challenging" shouldn't also mean competing for mobs and whatnot.

This first occurred to me while trying to get Exalted with the Netherwing faction. A place that was once desolate is suddenly filled to the brim with other players, making an already grindy rep goal even more excruciating. I did finally manage to get to Exalted, but I seem to be running into this wherever I go no matter how dated the content is currently.

I'm not sure if there can be an easy solution for this. I think LFG is a great concept, but I don't really want it spilling over into questing either. Not sure if this would be possible, but maybe have an option for players who prefer not to phase to not experience it? Don't know how doable that would be from a development standpoint, but I was curious to know what you all thought of the current phasing system and whether you like it as is, or would you rather not have to deal with it at all? Or have the option to choose?

Thank you!
Crz/sharding/phasing in any capacity is annoying af. WoW is supposed to be a persistent open world, busy or not. But crz and phasing ruin that. You have players, mobs and resource nodes etc dissapearing and reappearing all over the place without any apparent reason.

I understand why its a thing for very busy realms but it doesnt seem to work very smoothly.
11/11/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Chaaka
Crz/sharding/phasing in any capacity is annoying af. WoW is supposed to be a persistent open world, busy or not. But crz and phasing ruin that. You have players, mobs and resource nodes etc dissapearing and reappearing all over the place without any apparent reason.

I understand why its a thing for very busy realms but it doesnt seem to work very smoothly.

I think it effects Draenor treasures too if I'm not mistaken. Or at least some of them. There's at least two I've come across so far in Spires of Arak that phase out when you get too close to them.
I'm surprised more people don't have opinions about this.
11/11/2018 12:48 PMPosted by Tyränt

Some would say many have, but are no longer playing as a result.
I'd say that just as many still playing feel the same way.
11/11/2018 12:59 PMPosted by Righteous
11/11/2018 12:48 PMPosted by Tyränt

Some would say many have, but are no longer playing as a result.
I'd say that just as many still playing feel the same way.

Which makes me wonder if it's possible to make Cross Zone Phasing an option rather than mandatory.
I'd love to hear other opinions as well. Do you like zone phasing? If so, why? If you're like me as well as the others in this thread, I'd love it if you'd share your own stories as to how it's made your WoW experience less enjoyable. Apologies for the bumping of said topic, but thank you!
I love the feature but think it should be an optional thing for people to turn on and off. Like for the launch of an exp, amazing, best thing ever, because i suffered Hellfire during BC launch.

As an RPer? One of the worst things added into the game as it splits the community unintentionally.
11/11/2018 09:10 AMPosted by Tyränt
I think it effects Draenor treasures too if I'm not mistaken. Or at least some of them. There's at least two I've come across so far in Spires of Arak that phase out when you get too close to them.

this would be an issue with incomplete quests.

nothing to do with crz.
i have always hated it

lfg cross realm and bg cross realm is fine

but in the world i dont like it

just the other day i was on my tauren guadian bear in thunderbluff dancing by the pond in the center of town

i was also making savory deviate delights and rp’ing the various costumes i transformed into

there were a bunch of people fishing at the pond and i wanted to spontaneously give those peeps some savory delights and some fishing bobbers

as i went to initiate a transaction (opening trade) i realized i couldnt because everyone was from a different server

then i looked for someone from my own server and i couldnt find one

there are other reasons why i dislike crz but it is always the most recent one that sticks
Since BfA launched it's seemed a bit over active, I've had several instances where I was in combat killing a mob only for it to suddenly start running away and evading before disappearing and being replaced with new mobs. I've never had that happen in previous expansions.

As for the system itself, I have no problem with it. Personally I think they should give us the ability to create an @ handle to assign our characters (maybe two for those people who like to have secret characters), and just merge all the non-RP servers into one mega-server where people having the same name is now allowed.
11/11/2018 04:26 PMPosted by Nobully
11/11/2018 09:10 AMPosted by Tyränt

this would be an issue with incomplete quests.

nothing to do with crz.

It has nothing to do with questing. Treasure hunting in Draenor has always been a separate thing.
11/11/2018 04:26 PMPosted by Khlorós
I love the feature but think it should be an optional thing for people to turn on and off. Like for the launch of an exp, amazing, best thing ever, because i suffered Hellfire during BC launch.

As an RPer? One of the worst things added into the game as it splits the community unintentionally.

Not only that, but from what I understand, people who are growing increasingly impatient with it are starting to migrate to RP servers simply to get away from it, which in turn also hurts the RP servers.
I have always hated CRZ.
11/12/2018 10:18 AMPosted by Tyränt
Not only that, but from what I understand, people who are growing increasingly impatient with it are starting to migrate to RP servers simply to get away from it, which in turn also hurts the RP servers.

This is the only reason I'm on Moon Guard but I don't bother anyone's RP.
11/12/2018 10:19 AMPosted by Tovi
I have always hated CRZ.
11/12/2018 10:18 AMPosted by Tyränt

This is the only reason I'm on Moon Guard but I don't bother anyone's RP.

Does being on an RP server still allow you to LFG for instances? Seems like it would defeat the purpose of RP, but I'm definitely curious if the feature is there.
sharting is a cost cutting measure not a feature.
this

11/11/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Chaaka