Starting to see the TF problem

General Discussion
So, I join up an Atal +3 on my Holy Priest. On first boss our mage, the group leader, dies to munch not long after being feared. On second boss, the mage fails to kill totem in time and its shortly after this I realized we havent received a lust yet. After this I look at her DPS which is 3K overall. NP, I think, new player here, it happens. Lets just have a look at her gear and...

380, 370, tonnes of ovepowered gear.

This person had NO BUSINESS being in a Mythic+. None at all. They were only there because TFing launched them there.

We are talking a mage who didnt know what time warp was and she has a 380 item. This is just nonsense to me. Gearing is supposed to represent skill to a certain extent and seeing good gear on someone like this is jarring to say the least.

What am I supposed to make of the rewards when they are available to just anyone?
Gearing hasn't equated to skill since they starting handing out "welfare loot". But I do agree. People really do need to learn their class.
It is a problem..People with high gear trying to do content that they aren't ready for..This is why raider io exists for the most part...It gets to a point where you can't brute force content with IL alone...and another thing is why are these people finding there way into higher and higher keys not knowing mechanics...As a healer I started very slowly..regular mythics of each dungeon then +2, +3,+4,+5 etc and now on to 10's..and doing a 10 of every dungeon before I go higher.
TF is welfare gear on steroids.
The problem is thanks to WF / TF, we have no real way of identifying who should be in what. Which is why things like raider.io are now necessary to anyone aiming to be part of the pug world.

Bad juju. The lottery we have now is just bad because it means there's no way of reliably telling if someone belongs in content or not.
Are you just going to make a thread every time you pug a keystone run?
11/11/2018 05:11 PMPosted by Momimfotm

I make a lot of threads about Mythic+ because it is the powerful majority of what I do and it has numerous problems. The fact that people who dont know their class are doing 3s is actually the least of them. lol
That’s why raider.io is helpful, someone’s ilevel can basically mean nothing these days.
It’s also fun when out of all the raid bosses and m+ runs you’ve done so far, you are yet to receive a tforged item when there’s people rolling around in a whole gear set of the stuff
see it all the time too.

failing to the same mechanic multiple times in a row... like, put 2 and 2 together and avoid it the next time...

lack of interrupting is what irks me more than anything. seems like half the player base doesn't even have kick on their bars.

people are still facetanking obvious mechanics that are displayed and/or even announced via standard interface.
Gear means nothing, players will wear worse gear because it has a higher ilvl, there are players who know how to play and players who don't, thats all.
11/11/2018 05:02 PMPosted by Taironn
Gearing is supposed to represent skill to a certain extent
Lmao what?

Have you been living in a cave for the last 5-6 years? You do realize that titanforging, weekly chest, warfronts, etc are abundant sources of gear that have nothing to do with skill. There are also plenty of groups looking to carry people for a bit of gold. This kind of thing has been happening for a very long time.

11/11/2018 05:12 PMPosted by Taironn
I make a lot of threads about Mythic+ because it is the powerful majority of what I do and it has numerous problems. The fact that people who dont know their class are doing 3s is actually the least of them. lol
You really need to run with proper group of guildies if the random nature of pugs is getting to you that much. Anyone who is serious about M+ does not pug, or at the very least they have a core group of 3-4 and then just pug 1-2 more. Pugs are incredibly random and unpredictable, this has always been the case.

Last night I ran 5 keys ranging from +10 to +13. Out of those 5 groups, 3 of them disbanded before finishing the dungeon. It's pugs. Stuff happens. Especially on tyrannical week when a number of bosses can brick walls that test mechanics knowledge and dps/healing checks (e.g. Triad sisters in Waycrest).
Posted by Wintel
Lmao what?

Have you been living in a cave for the last 10 years? You do realize there are plenty of groups looking to carry people for a bit of gold, right? This kind of thing has been happening for a very long time.

Yeah, its not just TF, but also guilds/groups selling runs for gold also creates the same problem.

It isn't against the ToS as long as the payment is done in gold,
but gold is easily obtainable via selling WoW tokens.

If you want to really solve this problem, Blizzard also needs to change their ToS.

Edited: Not sure why the quotes aren't linking to the original post above made by Wintel. I'm not editing anything in his/her post. Just quoting a specific part...
I mean people have different skill lvls. If you are really worried about it make a group with friends or guildies. Pug life is pug life.
11/11/2018 05:05 PMPosted by Amaunator
Gearing hasn't equated to skill since they starting handing out "welfare loot". But I do agree. People really do need to learn their class.

And depending on who you ask that started in Classic. BC at the latest.
IKR! I haven't killed LFR G'huun yet!
11/11/2018 05:02 PMPosted by Taironn
So, I join up an Atal +3 on my Holy Priest. On first boss our mage, the group leader, dies to munch not long after being feared. On second boss, the mage fails to kill totem in time and its shortly after this I realized we havent received a lust yet. After this I look at her DPS which is 3K overall. NP, I think, new player here, it happens. Lets just have a look at her gear and...

380, 370, tonnes of ovepowered gear.

This person had NO BUSINESS being in a Mythic+. None at all. They were only there because TFing launched them there.

We are talking a mage who didnt know what time warp was and she has a 380 item. This is just nonsense to me. Gearing is supposed to represent skill to a certain extent and seeing good gear on someone like this is jarring to say the least.

What am I supposed to make of the rewards when they are available to just anyone?

You do realize that people buy carries for gear??? Wake up
+3 is where the mage belongs. a 380 ilvl should really be farming +9 or something but the lack of skill balanced them down to doing +3 atal. I dont see a problem
11/11/2018 05:11 PMPosted by Momimfotm

I asked this in his last M+ rant thread and never got an answer. ROOD.