Starting to see the TF problem

General Discussion
Welcome to the enlightened side since TF became a thing. It's bad for the game.
11/11/2018 06:02 PMPosted by Lorash
11/11/2018 05:11 PMPosted by Momimfotm
Are you just going to make a thread every time you pug a keystone run?

I asked this in his last M+ rant thread and never got an answer. ROOD.

The diaper you were wearing around your face probably scared him.
11/11/2018 05:02 PMPosted by Taironn
This person had NO BUSINESS being in a Mythic+. None at all. They were only there because TFing launched them there.

This isn't a problem with "forging", it is a problem with the group leader equating ilvl with skill. Something that nasty "IO" tries to resolve by presenting a snap shot of a players success and failures in mythic+ content.

Plus unless this play was getting insanely lucky (talking like I should be playing the lotto type of luck) it is pretty difficult to get to 370-380 range with TF from LFR, low mythic+ keys and weekly bosses. You are talking about just about every piece getting like a +20 or better forge.
11/11/2018 06:02 PMPosted by Lorash

I asked this in his last M+ rant thread and never got an answer. ROOD.

I definitely responded. And no, its not.
11/11/2018 05:02 PMPosted by Taironn
We are talking a mage who didnt know what time warp was and she has a 380 item

Game gives out 370 items like candy. 380 is only a double warforge of a 370 which isn't on the high end for rng.
11/11/2018 05:12 PMPosted by Taironn

I make a lot of threads about Mythic+ because it is the powerful majority of what I do and it has numerous problems. The fact that people who dont know their class are doing 3s is actually the least of them. lol

We should all start lots of threads about the content we do then. I can start threads about killing Pandaria world bosses and farming honor, Snowfox can start threads about transmog and trolling the forums...

Indeed this is a great idea. I'm on it!
The flip side to WF / TF though is that for those that stop at a given level of content it provides a reason to continue doing that content.
I mean.. okay, there are bad players who are lucky. But there are good players who are lucky too. :\
If your current content no longer drops upgrades, your supposed to try harder content, not just sit at the same level of content and hoping for RNG upgrades.
How do you know the mage wasn't purchased from a hardcore gamer? Or from people who sell heroic or +10 runs? Or a good player was letting their wife try it out? There's so many other potential causes of this than TF.

For as long as people are asking for the ilvl of gear that a dungeon drops, I want TF in the game. I bet it was added to help struggling guilds make progress.