ABUSE in BGS - False AFK reports

Battlegrounds
It's been used for a long time in random dungeons. People don't like your gear, your server, your name, or whatever else, they kick you out. Nothing to do with your performance. Sometimes at the very beginning of a dungeon. Apparently you just have to accept it. Some people can abuse others, make others waste time, just because they feel like it. This abusive behavior also exists in bgs, worse in fact because it uses a lie to falsely report you AFK so you automatically are booted out and have to waste 15 minutes after the usual 10 +- minutes waiting to access random normal or epic bgs. Wheter you are moving or not, active or not, in fight or not, you will be ejected. Those bg !@#$s don't like your strategy ? don't like your comments, don't like anything about you, they will ask everyone to report you AFK. Since people don't check, they just do it. This is bullying, abuse, and it's tolerated by blizz. It has to stop. The whole planet is acknowledging that bullying is unacceptable, but blizz still encourages it. I reported it numerous times through, only to be told nothing could be done because I was AFK, which I WAS NOT. I got booted out during fights, in the middle of fights, and numerous times while I was top damage mid bg. This is abuse, this is bullying and should be stopped right now. People acting like this consider that the game only belong to them and have no respect for others. Blizz told me to create a topic, that it was the only way for dev people to be made aware of this. So here it is. Again this is bullying, it is now encouraged and supported by blizz and it has to stop. Thank you. If you want suggestions on how to address this, just let me know. I have plenty.
Did you /afk to let them know you weren't afk? Gotta be on top of those report notifications.
You only get a notification if you're being a jerk usually.
This gets too much abuse, its time to ban them for this.
Blizzard legit doesn't care. It's ridiculous.
11/11/2018 07:50 PMPosted by Scrubstomper
Did you /afk to let them know you weren't afk? Gotta be on top of those report notifications.

Do people still fall for that?
/camp if you plan on sticking around
Using BG chat as a place to merc and do nothing but pollute chat with non bg related stuff is reported. I don't want to play with you and i dont appreciate you ruining our chances to win by doing very little outside of using bg chat as a place to troll.
Maybe people just really don't like that set of gear you have mogged.
I've run randoms for over 10 years and have never experienced this myself. Anecdotal, sure, but the only time I see people getting reported is when they're drawing negative attention to themselves.

That's not to say that there's absolutely no abuse of the reporting feature...I'm just skeptical that it's as commonplace as you think it is.
been playing since classic, have never had this happen to me.
11/12/2018 06:08 PMPosted by Afks
This gets too much abuse, its time to ban them for this.

Does it? I've ran lots of BGs and only had this happen once last expansion, because a certain group didn't like me being in a horde av lol.
11/14/2018 06:56 AMPosted by Kallie
been playing since classic, have never had this happen to me.
Looking at your battleground win rates, it would appear that your "strategies" that are getting people to report you as AFK dont seem to be working. Maybe try working on that? I cant say I've ever been booted from a battleground before.
11/11/2018 07:21 PMPosted by Brasvengeur
It's been used for a long time in random dungeons. People don't like your gear, your server, your name, or whatever else, they kick you out. Nothing to do with your performance. Sometimes at the very beginning of a dungeon. Apparently you just have to accept it. Some people can abuse others, make others waste time, just because they feel like it. This abusive behavior also exists in bgs, worse in fact because it uses a lie to falsely report you AFK so you automatically are booted out and have to waste 15 minutes after the usual 10 +- minutes waiting to access random normal or epic bgs. Wheter you are moving or not, active or not, in fight or not, you will be ejected. Those bg !@#$s don't like your strategy ? don't like your comments, don't like anything about you, they will ask everyone to report you AFK. Since people don't check, they just do it. This is bullying, abuse, and it's tolerated by blizz. It has to stop. The whole planet is acknowledging that bullying is unacceptable, but blizz still encourages it. I reported it numerous times through, only to be told nothing could be done because I was AFK, which I WAS NOT. I got booted out during fights, in the middle of fights, and numerous times while I was top damage mid bg. This is abuse, this is bullying and should be stopped right now. People acting like this consider that the game only belong to them and have no respect for others. Blizz told me to create a topic, that it was the only way for dev people to be made aware of this. So here it is. Again this is bullying, it is now encouraged and supported by blizz and it has to stop. Thank you. If you want suggestions on how to address this, just let me know. I have plenty.

Best thing I can say is to take screenshots, or at least capture names and timeframes, and report it in under gameplay. You might have to use a different option in the category than report player to get to open the ticket, but this is exploiting the system and the right GM will hit them hard.