(SPOILER) Last chance to save Tyrande's character from ultimate cringe

General Discussion
Her voice is horrendous and the way that line went at the end was absolutely terrible. wtb old voice actor?

And the way she yelled that out was just... it was like seeing an old smoker try to do a battle cry, no umph.

And yes please bring back her tiger.

Also the /train from the others? lol rly?
IMO, simplest change would just be to state what kaldorei means. "We are Kaldorei- the children of the stars!" Maybe include a pan up to the skybox after the golf claps.

11/12/2018 04:35 PMPosted by Melaned
Her voice is horrendous and the way that line went at the end was absolutely terrible. wtb old voice actor?
It's the same voice actress she's had since WC3. Maybe she's a smoker, maybe she's old, maybe the voice direction is awful.
11/12/2018 04:31 PMPosted by Stride
I thought she like, sacrifices her tiger or something? Does that not happen? I admittedly didn't read too closely.

Are you thinking of Durotan and his wolf sacrificing itself?

Maybe?

While we're on the topic, I always thought that it was weird that he decided to wear it as a hat after that.
11/12/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Stride
It doesn't sound like something Tyrande would say.

did you totally ignore the fact that she BLACKMAILS her goddess for power?

the past one would kill someone for doing that...yet she does it herself.

BFA is the Xpac of ruining loved characters.
11/12/2018 04:37 PMPosted by Lockedheart
11/12/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Stride
It doesn't sound like something Tyrande would say.

did you totally ignore the fact that she BLACKMAILS her goddess for power?

the past one would kill someone for doing that...yet she does it herself.

BFA is the Xpac of ruining loved characters.

I'm not ignoring the fact that WoW Tyrande has done a TON of things that her old character wouldn't do. That's why I make these threads hoping someone at Blizz can read.
Eh, her cringe game still has nothing on Nathanos's cringe.
11/12/2018 04:35 PMPosted by Kyveli
IMO, simplest change would just be to state what kaldorei means. "We are Kaldorei- the children of the stars!" Maybe include a pan up to the skybox after the golf claps.

11/12/2018 04:35 PMPosted by Melaned
It's the same voice actress she's had since WC3. Maybe she's a smoker, maybe she's old, maybe the voice direction is awful.

This saddens me.
What's so bad about her voice?
11/12/2018 04:46 PMPosted by Tyierin
What's so bad about her voice?

She sounds like she just came off the set of Avatar.
I do think that Tyrande's voice lacks power in that scene. Then again I've always thought the sound engineering in WoW, at least in this regard, was crap. One of my most memorable examples is in the opening sequence of WoD, where Grom is addressing his soldiers after the Dark Portal is destroyed. He's like miles above the army but talks like they're in a small room.
Feels forced. Well, it's not like we're expecting world class writing or acting here.
11/12/2018 03:49 PMPosted by Stride
And please include her tiger Ash'alah in this scene too. Thanks.

And hell, put her in a bikini while you're at it.
The cutscene just seems cheap. I would have imagine that there would be way more nightelves plus louder cheering. Even seeing some ancients/trents and other beings of the nightelf culture. This cutscene is rated "Meh" not really motivational. Not alot of work behind the production of this apparently. Take a look at the comments on youtube.
11/12/2018 05:09 PMPosted by Vera
The cutscene just seems cheap. I would have imagine that there would be way more nightelves plus louder cheering. Even seeing some ancients/trents and other beings of the nightelf culture. This cutscene is rated "Meh" not really motivational.

I dunno, those five people and the Pizza guy really look like they are into it.
11/12/2018 03:59 PMPosted by Stride
11/12/2018 03:54 PMPosted by Snikrot
Uhhh… she was pretty cringe when she screwed everything up in Val'sharah. It's a little too late to save her from "ultimate cringe", that ship has sailed long ago.

I'm trying to do the best with what I've got left man... trying not to let Activision kill hope for the Kaldorei.

Activision: did you say hope?

Activision: Burn it!!