Underwater fighting is not fun

General Discussion
Entire UI and movement system is not setup for it, along with the artificial sluggish movement.

Yeah I know sometimes we get a buff to make underwater the same as normal but frequently we have to swim around at swim speeds.

Why does bliz consider this fun? How many other people like the sluggish underwater encounters? Bliz is now talking about raid fights underwater with the slowed movement. Looking forward to that?
Pretty sure they were just trolling about an underwater raid fight. I wouldn't worry too much. The fact that Nazjatar is not underwater shows they know it's something a lot of people dislike.
I don’t mind it in little chunks. It is annoying that ground targeted aoe doesn’t work though.
underwater combat in WoW is just the same combat but you are given access to the z axis. Which for a combat system that was designed to be fought with both of your feet on solid ground, kinda breaks some stuff.

What they need to do in-order to make "underwater combat" enjoyable is introduce a new additional combat system for underwater fighting exclusively, which might be abit taxing for a patched up 14+ year old engine. Meaning they'd need a new engine for the game which I don't see them doing anytime soon for this mmo cause it'll be easier and more profitable to just create a new MMO instead.

11/13/2018 08:42 AMPosted by Kugsneak
Why does bliz consider this fun?
They most likely don't think it's "fun" per say. But they most likely are aware that it's not enjoyable to fight underwater in this product. Which is why you don't see them creating that much underwater fighting areas. Only in recent years have we seen them try and force player to engage more so in underwater combat but that's after the shift occurred with game directors. Meaning that the current one prob doesn't see much wrong with the underwater combat system.
11/13/2018 08:42 AMPosted by Kugsneak
Entire UI and movement system is not setup for it, along with the artificial sluggish movement.

Yeah I know sometimes we get a buff to make underwater the same as normal but frequently we have to swim around at swim speeds.

Why does bliz consider this fun? How many other people like the sluggish underwater encounters? Bliz is now talking about raid fights underwater with the slowed movement. Looking forward to that?

I was just doing BC timewalking and was asking myself the same thing - hitting trash 20 plus times before it dies is fun how ?
Vashj'ir forever! I realize I might be the minority here, but I absolutely loved Vashj'ir and all the underwater stuff, including the fighting. Then again. I love underwater zones for most games so I guess that isn't much a surprise that I loved Vashr'ir.
11/13/2018 09:00 AMPosted by Bipzi
Vashj'ir forever! I realize I might be the minority here, but I absolutely loved Vashj'ir and all the underwater stuff, including the fighting. Then again. I love underwater zones for most games so I guess that isn't much a surprise that I loved Vashr'ir.

Fun on casters, not so much for melee.
11/13/2018 11:29 AMPosted by Velara

Exactly!
If you ever played a Monster Hunter with UW combat, it's an abomination.

Ditto!

Underwater fights are awesome!
11/13/2018 11:29 AMPosted by Velara

What melee classes don't have a way to either tag another melee mob to come to them, pull the mob to them, or close the gap themselves? I don't think this is as big an issue as you complain about.

Yes. Decided minority.

I will NOT do underwater combat again, not on the level of some dentist’s waiting room fish tank...Er...Vash’jir.