Told to F off because of Raider i.o

General Discussion
1 2 3 13 Next
370 tank, guild leader of an 8/8H AOTC completed in September and I've successfully completed +8 M+ keys within the time-frame (I do them once a week for loot or 4 times for the weekly because M+'s are terrible "content") and apparently i have a raider i.o of 412.

Me: ?
Him: You have a terrible io
Me: You're determining my skill level from an add-on although I am AOTC with multiple heroic kills?
Him: yes, now f off scrub
ignored

Please remove this garbage from the game.

I'll be honest and say I use it for when I need to pug for Heroic Uldir just to see an individuals experience in both normal and heroic before deciding to invite the person, but I don't look at their score and tell them to F off.

If I've pretty much completed this patch's content other than Myhthic Uldir, so what in the actual !@#$ do people want for their groups?

sorry you can't come to my son's pool party because you're not Michael Phelps.

Edit: This thread only reinforces evidence the level of toxicity this add-on brings forth and I don't really want to feed trolls by responding.

So the only thing I'll say is that Raider io is not a determining factor of skill and never will. It creates a toxic atmosphere in custom queues that's unhealthy for the game.
It's not about entitlement or expectation. If you don't want an individual in your group, don't be immediately rude to that person with a condescending/belligerent response.

Edit 2:
The person who I'm referring to in the post, I was able to just search him and he actually has a lower i.o than me.
Toxicity is often also hypocrisy.
Blizzard can get rid of raider i.o if they want, but they'll never get rid of toxic players.
Nobody is allowed in any of my raids of dungeons unless they can match certain cuteness standards. This usually means just about nobody, but gnomes.

PS: I am kidding of course. That would be silly and stupid.
As a tank, you can practically build your own group for anything in the group finder. You should probably go that route.
1600 prot is still worse than 100 io DK.
Wait till it affects WQ's. Sorry your IO isnt high enough for this mining WQ. lol
Maybe your player attitude is a lot worse than your raider.io. Your personality.io turned me off already.
No one cares if you have raid experience in M+. It's a different part of the game.

Good mythic raiders can really suck at M+. I've seen it last expansion first hand. That's why they use io.

You are also playing the weakest tank too. There are more than enough blood DKs running around to ensure everyone gets their +10 done, so no one is going to bring in a low rating bottom tank and a tough week.
Tried building on on tank spec. Once on pal and once on bear tank both 363 gear. Before anyone joins the ask you why your io score is low. That how toxic its gotten.
Like it or not, the guy can build his group however he wants.

Don't take it so personally when someone doesn't want you
Just please be aware Blizzard didn't add "raiderio" so they can't remove it from the game. You should be commenting at or on that website's associated media if you are not satisfied with the product they are providing.

Easiest solution is to run your own key instead though.
I know it may sound unfair to be declined, especially if that conversation actually took place, but if you do start running your own key you will quickly see just how many people apply.
It will be dozens more than you can actually bring, so hopefully that will put it in perspective.

Either way, once you are more experienced with M+, I hope you also will have some perspective on why talking about Heroic raid progression isn't going to win you any favors.
The two are both a form of PVE, but that's where the similarities end, really.
Especially for tanks.

If you have any questions or need help with M+, please contact me privately.
I try to help any and all players looking to break into the scene, especially tanks as its my main role.

I'm fervently against RaiderIO's scoring system, but the one thing it does do well is determine if a person is wholly unqualified for the dungeon they are signing up for.
That doesn't mean you are physically incapable of doing the key. Just that you have yet to demonstrate that you can do so reliably.
Raider IO dungeon score gives a resume of your dungeon experience. Your raiding experience has zero bearing on whether you are good candidate for an m+ key.

You are also playing a warrior on a rough affix week so I suggest you make your own group like I do for my own prot warrior!
Well, OP, you can be grateful IO saved you from a terrible group.

The group can also be grateful to IO for saving them from a whiny detached-from-reality tank.

Everybody wins!
11/13/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Annastasi

It's not about someone not wanting me as a tank, it's about someone being a belligerent pos of a human being because of an add-on score that doesn't determine skill.
Just because you know how to tank a raid does not mean you know how to tank an m+.

There's a lot more going on in an m+ than in a raid. Raid tanking is by far the easiest role in the game. M+ tanking is several orders of magnitudes more difficult.

n a raid, a tank probably has to worry about 3-4 mechanics, at most, and almost always at least one of them is "taunt at x stacks" or "taunt at a specific point in time."

There are a lot more mechanics and abilities to be familiar with in an m+ than in a raid. You have to know trash abilities, mechanics, pull routes, skip routes, and boss abilities. You have to know which you should interrupt and which you shouldn't interrupt. You have to know which mobs you can facetank and which mobs you have to kite. Affixes add several wrenches into the mix and sometimes a strategy that may work with one affix combination would be the worst thing you can do with another affix combination. I could go on and on but what's the point? I'm already rambling.

Looking at your m+ history, it's clear you do not have the necessary experience to inspire confidence in any pug leader. I'd instantly decline you too. I just wouldn't be as rude about it.
I mean, what level keys were you applying to? You haven't finished any 7 or higher keys on time, so most people probably wouldn't take you for anything 8 or above.

You raid experience doesn't mean much in M+. M+ has different talent builds and gearing than raids. You also need to know the interrupts and mechanics of each dungeon. And on top of THAT, as a tank, you need to know the optimal route for each place.
To be fair tanks can really make or break high keys based on paths or pulls. Raid kills don't really effect knowledge of the dungeon and people are too lazy to look past the score and see what dungeons you've specifically done. I don't think raider.io should go away entirely but I do think there should be an ingame option to look at past keys and if you +1 or +2'd it. So like if I'm doing an 11 waycrest, group finder shows their highest waycrest key.... same for motherlode, AD, siege etc.
11/13/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Bodywrecker
11/13/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Annastasi

It's not about someone not wanting me as a tank, it's about someone being a belligerent pos of a human being because of an add-on score that doesn't determine skill.

It reflects experience not skill. And it's actually pretty accurate at that. Which is why they didn't take you.
*walks up to a job interview*
Employer: We're hiring mathematicians

Bodywrecker: I'm fluent in French!

Employer: F OFF!!
11/13/2018 01:50 PMPosted by Whiskeyjack
Just because you know how to tank a raid does not mean you know how to tank an m+.

There's a lot more going on in an m+ than in a raid. Raid tanking is by far the easiest role in the game. M+ tanking is several orders of magnitudes more difficult.

n a raid, a tank probably has to worry about 3-4 mechanics, at most, and almost always at least one of them is "taunt at x stacks" or "taunt at a specific point in time."

There are a lot more mechanics and abilities to be familiar with in an m+ than in a raid. You have to know trash abilities, mechanics, pull routes, skip routes, and boss abilities. You have to know which you should interrupt and which you shouldn't interrupt. You have to know which mobs you can facetank and which mobs you have to kite. Affixes add several wrenches into the mix and sometimes a strategy that may work with one affix combination would be the worst thing you can do with another affix combination. I could go on and on but what's the point? I'm already rambling.

Looking at your m+ history, it's clear you do not have the necessary experience to inspire confidence in any pug leader. I'd instantly decline you too. I just wouldn't be as rude about it.

I don’t even care much about Raider.io. If you aren’t a team player and are an arrogant and pompous dude I will walk away even if you had like 2k score.

I enjoy keystones but now I do them in teams or with friends only.