Told to F off because of Raider i.o

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 13 Next
11/13/2018 11:02 PMPosted by Chopstomp
11/13/2018 05:09 PMPosted by Kwashiorkor
Just like *you* wouldn't invite anyone without AOTC for heroic uldir, they won't invite you because your io is too low. They want a smooth run. What goes around comes around.

Yeah.

M+ Player: ?
Raider: You have terrible raid experience.
M+ Player: But my +10 Waycrest.
Raider: F off.

Example doesn't really work in reverse since M+ is much more challenging than heroic raiding, and more importantly you can't replace anyone in M+ once you start the key, whereas in a raid pug you can just kick anyone who is rubbish and easily replace them.

When I invite people for PUG raids, I invite players with high M+ score first, because they are far more likely to know how to play their class than someone with only raid achievements. Lots of people get carried through heroic raids, that's just reality.
11/13/2018 04:55 PMPosted by Oimate
11/13/2018 01:39 PMPosted by Gnomest
Nobody is allowed in any of my raids of dungeons unless they can match certain cuteness standards. This usually means just about nobody, but gnomes.

PS: I am kidding of course. That would be silly and stupid.

I would love to pvp with you

Add me at Rayofthesun#1367. I love to do wpvp and some all gnome wpvp would be great!
So you messaged him after he declined you and tried to use heroic raid kills as a reason why he should let you in his key?

I'd laugh and ignore you to
11/13/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Bodywrecker
370 tank, guild leader of an 8/8H AOTC completed in September and I've successfully completed +8 M+ keys within the time-frame (I do them once a week for loot or 4 times for the weekly because M+'s are terrible "content") and apparently i have a raider i.o of 412.

Me: ?
Him: You have a terrible io
Me: You're determining my skill level from an add-on although I am AOTC with multiple heroic kills?
Him: yes, now f off scrub
ignored

Please remove this garbage from the game.

I'll be honest and say I use it for when I need to pug for Heroic Uldir just to see an individuals experience in both normal and heroic before deciding to invite the person, but I don't look at their score and tell them to F off.

If I've pretty much completed this patch's content other than Myhthic Uldir, so what in the actual !@#$ do people want for their groups?

sorry you can't come to my son's pool party because you're not Michael Phelps.

Edit: This thread only reinforces evidence the level of toxicity this add-on brings forth and I don't really want to feed trolls by responding.

So the only thing I'll say is that Raider io is not a determining factor of skill and never will. It creates a toxic atmosphere in custom queues that's unhealthy for the game.
It's not about entitlement or expectation. If you don't want an individual in your group, don't be immediately rude to that person with a condescending/belligerent response.

Edit 2:
The person who I'm referring to in the post, I was able to just search him and he actually has a lower i.o than me.
Toxicity is often also hypocrisy.

And many people with AoTC would make as a requirement for a pug group - need AoTC.

Raiders are the ones who started with unreasonable standards and continue with unreasonable standards in a lot of cases, I see absolutely nothing wrong with someone doing mythic plus also continuing down this line. Reap what you sow.

Edit 2:
The person who I'm referring to in the post, I was able to just search him and he actually has a lower i.o than me.

I have been saying this for a month now.

Raider.io to validate skill level is false.

On Monday night I did a Waycrest+8 just about to 2 chest it and all of a sudden we are on the last boss and the Monk tank quits because the dps didnt want to/know how to do the mechanic of the fight. What a waste of our time because the tank is more worried about his pokemon score than helping the group he was invited too.

Raider.io has ruin M+ for many of us because of the toxicity that comes from leaderboards.

I stopped playing League to start playing league in M+

WTF

Me: You're determining my skill level from an add-on although I am AOTC with multiple heroic kills?

The fact you said that shows me and anyone with actual M+ experience that you are clueless. Your io score is actually an accurate representation of how you would do in a high key M+ dungeon. Not well.

Develop a better backbone. You are so emotionally fragile and entitled that you have to come on the forums and hope others will actually agree with you.
11/14/2018 04:53 AMPosted by Seelnay

People aren't using it to validate skills though - they are using it to validate knowledge of the dungeons and knowing what to do and being willing and able to do it.
11/13/2018 05:21 PMPosted by Cornstalker
That's unfortunate, however M+ is M+ and IO is something we use to see if someone is going to be worth taking or not on M+ nights.

Talk with Blizzard about that then, as they are the ones tracking the data and making it publicly accessible by sites like raider.io. So they can only track what Blizzard does. I read that Blizzard is looking at making this information accessible from your profile page on the armory, so if they do there is a chance it will be more detailed and this would allow raider.io to track everything.
I find it disturbing that people are on here defending io. It is a good way to see what someone has experience in doing however its scoring is terrible and unless you run a million dungeons it labels you as worthless basically.

The worst part is it has made toxic players even more toxic. No longer is the game about having fun but ermahgerd my io score.

I truly miss the WoTLK days....
11/14/2018 04:57 AMPosted by Amine

People aren't using it to validate skills though - they are using it to validate knowledge of the dungeons and knowing what to do and being willing and able to do it.

Dude, raider.io is a tool for scrubs to find players to carry their keys in M+. That is how IO is used in lower keys.
11/14/2018 05:04 AMPosted by Actioncat
The worst part is it has made toxic players even more toxic. No longer is the game about having fun but ermahgerd my io score.

So you blame the tool and not the people incorrectly using it?

Yeah, because GearScore was such a better alternative...
370 tank, I've successfully completed +8 M+ keys within the time-frame (I do them once a week for loot or 4 times for the weekly because M+'s are terrible "content") and apparently i have a raider i.o of 412.

Look, the raider.io is correctly evaluating your experience in Mythic+. ilevel and raiding is meaningless in this context, so just let that go.

If you want to be taken seriously in Mythic+, then you have to do Mythic+. Here is your raider.io:

https://raider.io/characters/us/turalyon/Bodywrecker

To increase your IO score, you need to do better than having 6 of the 10 dungeons done only at +2 to +5. That's why your score is low. Also, for your +6 and +7 runs, you haven't beat the timers either - which isn't good. And I don't see any +8s in there. But note that beating timer in a +7 is more valuable than a +8 where you didn't.

Just focus on your raider.io score, improve it... if you want to be taken seriously in PuGing Mythic+. If, on the other hand, you don't like Mythic+ (which you don't seem to), then why do you care? Don't do them. But, honestly, don't expect to take the content half-assed and then be upset that people can see that you take them half-assed.
11/13/2018 01:39 PMPosted by Nillah
Blizzard can get rid of raider i.o if they want, but they'll never get rid of toxic players.
Most likely it will follow gearscore and be added as a feature in game if they do anything about it.

Toxic players get removed easily. Or have you not seen the posts that happen every time one of them gets a silence for being a jerk? They are major forms of entertainment in the Customer Service forum. One blue nearly had me shooting water out my nose because I was laughing so hard at his response to one such whine thread.

And remember, telling someone to "f off" is no different than using the word itself in the eyes of the Code of Conduct.

11/13/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Bodywrecker
It's not about someone not wanting me as a tank, it's about someone being a belligerent pos of a human being because of an add-on score that doesn't determine skill.
Let me ask you this... how many times have you applied for a job and and then gone to work for free until they decide you've demonstrated that you can fulfill the description? My guess is 0, because only an idiot works for free.

As others have pointed out, people who have not grouped with you before have absolutely no idea what kind of a tank/healer/dps you are. So they have to rely on other information. Achievements used to be enough but then some people started faking them with addons and others just simply paid to get them. Gearscore came into the picture but it was limited because good gear doesn't make a good player... just hides bad ones a bit easier. So enter Raider.io.

And using raiding as a comparison to M+ doesn't really work. Mythic G'huun is going to be the same from week-to-week. Changes made by the devs not withstanding, those mechanics will remain the same from the day it becomes accessible to the day we're one-shotting it three expansions later.

M+ on the other hand changes from week to week and those mechanics are very dynamic. Like right now we have Teaming and Explosions which are a pain. You can't /target them, you can't aoe them, so you have to be very careful about how much you pull and making sure people switch to explosions to kill them. And it can make certain dungeons very difficult like Underrot is this week. Next week the combinations could make it a breeze compared to others.
I find it disturbing that people are on here defending io. It is a good way to see what someone has experience in doing however its scoring is terrible and unless you run a million dungeons it labels you as worthless basically.

I don't think you understand how the scoring is working if you think you need to run a million dungeons to get a good score.

You could literally run 10 dungeons, one each for the BfA content, at +10 and do them in time, and get a 1000 raider.io score that will mean you'll have zero problems trying to find a +10 later in the week from your score alone.

More likely is you run 10x +3s, 10x +6, 10x +9s, and then start getting invited to +10s without issue for a grand total of 30x, if you are just building your score up from scratch. And not all of it has to be done in the same week, you can do it very easily over time.

And why in the world would you find it disturbing that some of us are defending a good feature like raider.io that allows folks to make informed decisions when considering pug team mates, instead of just flying blind and randomly picking people based on their class/spec & ilvl. Raider.io is about picking the right player for the role, and uses their individual credentials in terms of their experience to help match the right person to the position you have available.

Nope, you just need to learn how the scoring works. Simple upshot - do all 10 dungeons at the highest level you can beat the timer at, then you get your best IO score. You do not need to run a million dungeons, just 10.

Frankly the naysayer posts simply show that IO is doing it's job extremely well. Bliz should integrate it into wow as baseline. It is so much better than ilevel or raiding as a skill measure.

What you should be asking for is that everyone get the raider.io plug in - because then we can see your highest level for the *specific dungeon* we are grouping for. Without even having to chat for 10 min, it's available on hover.
Me: ?
Him: You have a terrible io
Him: yes, now f off scrub
ignored

This conversation never happened.
I think i've seen this before but it had a different name if i remember right it was Gear Score. Yep thats the one LFM ICC25H need dps/heals GS 8.5+ if i remember right and yes people complained about that too.
Best bet OP is to honestly run with your mates win or lose its just a game meant for enjoyment, don't let it get you down.
11/14/2018 05:07 AMPosted by Seelnay

Dude, raider.io is a tool for scrubs to find players to carry their keys in M+. That is how IO is used in lower keys.

Why do you care? its their own key, they dont want you in their group.

Nothing toxic about it, you however, are totally entitled person expecting random guy to accept you or they're toxic.
The game is boring and overly simple and Raider.IO gave people a way to be elitists again.

"You haven't pushed your 4 buttons enough in Mythic+ so you can't hang out with us..."

Its not about the game...WoW is ridiculously simple... Its about control...

Edit 2:

I have been saying this for a month now.

On Monday night I did a Waycrest+8 just about to 2 chest it and all of a sudden we are on the last boss and the Monk tank quits because the dps didnt want to/know how to do the mechanic of the fight. What a waste of our time because the tank is more worried about his pokemon score than helping the group he was invited too.

Raider.io has ruin M+ for many of us because of the toxicity that comes from leaderboards.

I stopped playing League to start playing league in M+

WTF

Raider.io is not false. It is objective. It shows what you have done to that point. Nothing more or less. It can't show if you bought it or just lucked out. All it shows is what you have completed and applies a score to it. In the absence of any other measure and in a situation where failure results in a depleted key, it is the only objective measure that might correlate to getting the key done. Ilevel does not help. When putting a group together, people get piles of people applying at all ilevels. Raider.io is not the perfect measure, and it may not always work. However, given the data available, it is the closest you can get to at least knowing a person might be capable aside from pushing the key with them from the start. But, as I mentioned earlier, until a certain score is needed to start your own group, people have nothing to complain about. But the folks who do complain don't want to push and risk their own key. They want to piggyback on someone else's and have them risk it.