Told to F off because of Raider i.o

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 Next
Am I the only one who watched the QnA at blizzcon when they said they are working on doing a leaderboard IO type thing in game for WoW itself on top of raider IO. The casuals who hate it now better get used to it because it’s here to stay. It’s also being made for classic WoW as well.
Remember, this is not about "seeing the content" or whatever. Every complainer has their own keys they can push. For example, if you did a +8, you can start the next week on +7 and push that. You can "see the content" that way and not be excluded.

They can PUG mid-level M+ too.

No, what this is really about is emotionally blackmailing you into taking them into YOUR +10 key even though they haven't shown they are capable of it yet. They're throwing tantrums, calling you names, making threats. All because they want access to that fat +10 loot chest and you're saying "no".
11/13/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Bodywrecker
370 tank, guild leader of an 8/8H AOTC completed in September and I've successfully completed +8 M+ keys within the time-frame (I do them once a week for loot or 4 times for the weekly because M+'s are terrible "content") and apparently i have a raider i.o of 412.

Me: ?
Him: You have a terrible io
Me: You're determining my skill level from an add-on although I am AOTC with multiple heroic kills?
Him: yes, now f off scrub
ignored

Please remove this garbage from the game.

I'll be honest and say I use it for when I need to pug for Heroic Uldir just to see an individuals experience in both normal and heroic before deciding to invite the person, but I don't look at their score and tell them to F off.

If I've pretty much completed this patch's content other than Myhthic Uldir, so what in the actual !@#$ do people want for their groups?

sorry you can't come to my son's pool party because you're not Michael Phelps.

Edit: This thread only reinforces evidence the level of toxicity this add-on brings forth and I don't really want to feed trolls by responding.

So the only thing I'll say is that Raider io is not a determining factor of skill and never will. It creates a toxic atmosphere in custom queues that's unhealthy for the game.
It's not about entitlement or expectation. If you don't want an individual in your group, don't be immediately rude to that person with a condescending/belligerent response.

Edit 2:
The person who I'm referring to in the post, I was able to just search him and he actually has a lower i.o than me.
Toxicity is often also hypocrisy.

You dont see M+ as content so why are you buthurt?

You are using Aotc as some measure of skill ? Lolz.
11/14/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Vellithe
Ok, resume avaliation:

You have AOTC, but that's 1 kill each for G'hun and Mythax. That kill is also two months old and it only happened once. Is this an alt? It looks bad enough for an alt, but it's even worse if that's your main. Raid experience doesn't translate into M+ experience, so the most we can gather from your raid experience is "has general idea about class and abilities". However, the best way to tell that is by having groups pre-approve of you, which is to say: groups let you stay with them for weeks on end. Only having one kill for G'hun and Mythrax is worse than having a 6/8H consistent experience, week in week out, because it suggests you either bought it or got carried in a group that's not even your own. Moreover, it seems you were only active for four weeks total when raid opened, after that your experience disappeared, so we can safely assume that for the past two months you are no longer a raider. I wouldn't expect someone to just drop after a 2-month leave time and perform correctly, but I also wouldn't invite that person over.

Now for your M+ history: the highest key you've done on time was a +6. I'm 354 and I've already done +8 on time. This is a really, really bad record for a 370 iLvl character, specially a tank. Jesus Christ is that a +8 SotS that's 80 minutes over the timer done just last week? That's a key broken by 200% !??!?

Last place to look is at WarcraftLogs, which puts you at 47.7 percentile considering only your best logs. That's just awful. Considering your best logs you're still green, not even blue, and that's just considering your best logs. You got below 30th percentile on G'hun and Mythrax, which makes the previous assessment correct (you were carried).

What I'd tell you to do to improve that: read up guides on your class. It's really easy to get high warcraftlogs scores as a tank, so you should learn your class better and raid again to have those logs up asap. After that, you should pick your own M+ key, make groups for it, and do them, one after the other. You're a tank. You can get a group going in no time. Trust me, I am also a tank, I know. Get the keys going, and keep going until they break, then keep going until they break again, and again, this will give you the experience you sorely need on M+ dungeons, experience you don't get by breaking one key a week. Don't just do the easy dungeons, do all of them, you'll learn a lot.

Most common mistakes made by raid people in M+:

• Saving Cooldowns: This is not a raid. The trash matters. Unless it's Tyrannical week, you don't even need your CDs for the boss. And if it's Tyrannical week on a high key, the fight will go for so long that you will get your CDs either way. Use your CDs and use them often.
  • Saving Consumables: Lock stones and potions are both off GCD and also on separate CDs. As a tank you can also throw in a third Rejuv potion there. This is, again, not a raid, you'll get out of combat very often, so your consumables will always be ready to use. Use them.
  • Not knowing the layout: This hits particularly hard for tanks. Do you know which route gets exactly 100% progress in every M+ dungeon? You need to. Do you also know which packs to avoid on certain affixes? If you don't, you'll learn it the hard way (by dying).
  • Not knowing the fights: Do you know how to handle the big guys in Atal'dazar, literally the easiest dungeon we have this expansion? Do you know how they work? The fights in M+ are not just the bosses, specially outside of Tyrannical weeks. Do you know what every trash does? You need to, or you'll kill yourself or the group.

Everyone needs to see this. It's not about your raiding experience = mythic+ success. Mythic+ IS NOT raiding, they are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT things. The group leader should not have spoken to you in such a toxic way, but the use of raider.io isn't the reason why you're getting rejected anyways.

Solution to all this, have everyone slap their own mythic+ key in a trade window to show they have done a similar or higher key level successfully (or unsuccessful I guess). Raider.io is fine.
370 tank, guild leader of an 8/8H AOTC completed in September and I've successfully completed +8 M+ keys within the time-frame (I do them once a week for loot or 4 times for the weekly because M+'s are terrible "content") and apparently i have a raider i.o of 412.
Heroic G'huun is not applicable to M+. Its hard in its own way sure, but the tactics and skills you have to use in G'huun aren't anything alike what you'd have to do over the course of a properly done Mythic Plus dungeon. Additionally, I can't really feel sorry for you since you took the time to lie to try and get people to your side. You did not complete a +8 in time, in fact, your only +8 was an hour over the time limit.

Please remove this garbage from the game.

I'll be honest and say I use it for when I need to pug for Heroic Uldir just to see an individuals experience in both normal and heroic before deciding to invite the person, but I don't look at their score and tell them to F off.
No, we're not removing it just because you're late to the party. It has uses for us beyond pugging raids for the rest of the community. You can either whine about it or you can improve your score and be able to get into any group you want.

If I've pretty much completed this patch's content other than Myhthic Uldir, so what in the actual !@#$ do people want for their groups?
Proof of experience?

sorry you can't come to my son's pool party because you're not Michael Phelps.
You know you don't have to be a pro to complete tens on time right? You also don't have to be a pro to complete an 8 Temple without taking 2 hours.

Edit: This thread only reinforces evidence the level of toxicity this add-on brings forth and I don't really want to feed trolls by responding.
Mate, you come into the forums and start spouting about how the addon and recruitment style we've used for the past 3 years is toxic without any real knowledge of how it works or how to improve.

So the only thing I'll say is that Raider io is not a determining factor of skill and never will.
Its a sign of experience mate and you lack it.
11/13/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Bodywrecker
11/13/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Annastasi
Like it or not, the guy can build his group however he wants.

Don't take it so personally when someone doesn't want you

It's not about someone not wanting me as a tank, it's about someone being a belligerent pos of a human being because of an add-on score that doesn't determine skill.

A belligerent pos is still going to exist whether or not there is an add on. Be thankful they didn't send you an invite.
Dude just run dungeons to get io to get into dungeons to get io to get into dungeons

I mean how can you kill H Ghuun if you havent killed H Ghuun before? Link AOTC before replying, ilvl 385 required.
OP, i literally hope you never have a group.

First off, 8/8 heroic is easier than a +10 key in time. No one cares about your +8.

Second, Raiding experience MEANS NOTHING IN M+.

Let me reiterate, RAIDING EXPERIENCE MEANS NOTHING IN M+.

Completely different content, different skill sets, different mindset. I wouldnt invite you either.

i know 8/8 MYTHIC raiders than can barely do 10s in times because its a different skillset. Get out of here.
11/14/2018 09:38 AMPosted by Sphinctus
OP, i literally hope you never have a group.

First off, 8/8 heroic is easier than a +10 key in time. No one cares about your +8.

Second, Raiding experience MEANS NOTHING IN M+.

Let me reiterate, RAIDING EXPERIENCE MEANS NOTHING IN M+.

Completely different content, different skill sets, different mindset. I wouldnt invite you either.

i know 8/8 MYTHIC raiders than can barely do 10s in times because its a different skillset. Get out of here.
This is not true.

Many of the abilities that lead you to success in challenging raid content cross over and can make you successful in M+ at challenging levels.

However... knowledge of what to do in M+ and practice executing it is what makes the difference.

Look, someone that is good at the game is going to be good at raiding and m+ given enough practice.

It's not like you are going to be awesome at one and completely suck at the other once you learn the ropes. It's all PvE.

The difference is experience and execution practice.

If you have a lot of experience running raids and none with M+, until you learn what to do in M+ you might suck at M+. The same holds in reverse. You could be awesome at M+, and never have raided, and thus suck at certain bosses in raids until you learn and practice what to do.

But it's not like they are so radically different that your base aptitude is going to be different from one to the other. That's not true with something like PvE to PvP, those can be so wholly different you really can be very good at one and suck at the other. But it's not the case for PvE raid to M+. For those, it's a matter of learning and executing the right strategies for dealing with the mechanics. It's just the mechanics themselves differ from one environment to the next so you *need* to learn both to do well in both.
I was on the fence about playing Classic, but at least M+ didn't exist back then.
raids =/ M+. I've been with AotC players in M+ this and last expansion who were geared to the teeth yet absolutely STUPID in M+. it's a different animal. stop comparing the two and just make your own group.

and yeah, this week I wouldn't take anyone I didn't know for sure could do it. the affixes are the gd WORST this week and if you've got someone in there who doesn't understand what they are or what to do that's a downgraded key.
Raider.io is definitely a blessing and a curse, it’s a blessing to those who want to push their keystones further but don’t have friends or a solid group to run with weekly.

Curse side of it people like me who can do 8 plus mythic keys fine, just don’t do them often because that’s not my end game content, but at the same time that’s my choice to not pursue it full time. I believe as it stands it’s a bad time to gear through so that’s part of the reason why I choose to stay out of it that’ll probably change in 8.1 with vendors being added.

But as others have said, just form your own groups with your own expectations! Nothing wrong with that:). Their are tons of communities out there too dedicated to pushing keystones that don’t use .io! I was in one for a while it went well.

Also you can’t blame io on someone telling you to screw off, imagine if you were in the group and you died to a mechanic or did something wrong, he’d probably blow up at you and be x10 worse.
OP,

While the way they told you that you couldn't join was a bit much, the point stands and is valid. Just because you know the raid fights doesn't mean you know m+ dungeons as well. It's a different beast.

You're a tank though and if you can do +8 in time then just farm that on all the dungeons and your IO will be probably about 700 or 800. At that point you'll be able to get into groups pretty easily.
11/14/2018 09:00 AMPosted by Dontfightme
Am I the only one who watched the QnA at blizzcon when they said they are working on doing a leaderboard IO type thing in game for WoW itself on top of raider IO. The casuals who hate it now better get used to it because it’s here to stay. It’s also being made for classic WoW as well.

and if their system is just as toxic then peace out
11/13/2018 01:39 PMPosted by Gnomest
Nobody is allowed in any of my raids of dungeons unless they can match certain cuteness standards. This usually means just about nobody, but gnomes.

PS: I am kidding of course. That would be silly and stupid.

No, this seems reasonable to me... jk jk

The truth is, work systematically on your IO, raising the lower scores in your mythic runs, and your score will improve. It's more productive than complaining.
The highest key OP has timed is a +6 on the week with the easiest affixs. That isn't impressive at all. This weeks affixes are brutal.

Ok so ,you don't like dungeons? So people should judge you on raids instead in which

you have green and grey logs on fights you've done multiple times before.. Again, you look like a below average player in all forms of content.

People have no incentive to take you when there are better players applying
Just F. off then .... geez. I hate when people whisper me to be in my group.
Unless you're trying to tell me something important, check my mains .io, i don't have time to talk to you about it.
11/14/2018 05:58 AMPosted by Vambrace
The game is boring and overly simple and Raider.IO gave people a way to be elitists again.

"You haven't pushed your 4 buttons enough in Mythic+ so you can't hang out with us..."

Its not about the game...WoW is ridiculously simple... Its about control...

Uses blockades in fury spec. Sorry, what were you saying?
11/14/2018 10:56 AMPosted by Wtfbrew
The highest key OP has timed is a +6 on the week with the easiest affixs. That isn't impressive at all. This weeks affixes are brutal.

Ok so ,you don't like dungeons? So people should judge you on raids instead in which

you have green and grey logs on fights you've done multiple times before.. Again, you look like a below average player in all forms of content.

People have no incentive to take you when there are better players applying

I gotta agree, this week's affix are not exactly fun and easily one of the hardest combinations. You need a team where every player is pulling their weight and then some. To me, exploding is the most anti-fun affix right now and adding teeming/fort on top of that is just brutal.
Basically, you need to get over 1k+ for consistent invites to a +10. Sucks, but that's the reality.