Told to F off because of Raider i.o

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13
11/14/2018 10:46 AMPosted by Pokeya
11/14/2018 09:00 AMPosted by Dontfightme
Am I the only one who watched the QnA at blizzcon when they said they are working on doing a leaderboard IO type thing in game for WoW itself on top of raider IO. The casuals who hate it now better get used to it because it’s here to stay. It’s also being made for classic WoW as well.

and if their system is just as toxic then peace out
The only thing making the current system toxic are the players who have unreasonable expectations. If you haven't done the dungeons at similar levels yet to what you are applying for (like wanting to jump straight into +10s without having yet done stuff at 8s or 9s) and getting angry that people won't take you on due to your lack of experience, you are part of the problem.

Be willing to get experience, start low like we all did at one time, work your way up to show your potential team mates that you can handle the content at the challenge level in question, and we all win. Expecting to jump ahead without having have go through learning the dungeons and just get carried to getting the highest level gear is the root of all the toxicity with M+.

But if Blizzard implements the system like they converted gearscore to ilvl, and give players a way to set min M+ experience in the group finder such that players who don't meet the requirements simply don't see the group listings they aren't qualified for, then this whole situation goes away. Complaints will stop, and players will sort themselves out like they do now without players getting their feelings hurt over players not wanting to take them on since they won't see the groups that won't take them on. Everyone wins.
Your 1600 io isnt good enough for my m0 scrub.
11/14/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Teensyweensy
Basically, you need to get over 1k+ for consistent invites to a +10. Sucks, but that's the reality.

No this isn't the reality. I was getting invites 370+ with 700 IO all the time, it just wasn't instant invites.

Your raiding and ILVL OP doesn't mean everything, mythic+ is separate and high keys are harder than even mythic raid bosses. People will take IO as a fairly accurate way to see someones efforts and total overall experience. You can see who basically just get carried, who's put in effort.

It isn't flawless but it's the broad way to see.

If you truly are a 370 tank you should have worries starting a group or getting into non high IO groups.

People just like to exaggerate or highlight a rare occurrence to try fit their agenda. If you have nearly every dungeon 8+ on time, and 370ilvl you would have no worries getting into a group eventually for a 10+ cache. Sorry.

You could start your own group and 2 chest a 8 and get your own 10. IO isn't perfect but it's the most accurate way to see someones mythic+ experience and if someone swear at you who really cares, ignore them but if it bothers you that much report them.

The other day as DPS I did a bunch of medium key unpopular dungeons--temple, KR etc--to up my score a bit, you have to play the game or create your own groups.

Most groups that want higher IO will list it, so if you don't have it don't even apply. And one more time your ilvl and raid experiences has little weight compared to your mythic+ experience and times when you want to do mythic+. Even cutting edge won't matter, it's not relevant to mythic+ other than it could show you are not a lost cause, even then why would they take that over someone who's don'e more +s?
The w o r s t groups I've had so far this expansion have been the ones emphasizing the hardest on each other's raider.io score, generally. Looking one another up after their invites, getting into wagging contests.

I have my own team, run my own keys, sometimes I stick my thumb out for something to do. Usually I don't wait. Sometimes I get auto-declined because I don't have my good-boy points from dungeons I never get keys for or had a group where we timed out because of factors outside my control because even Blood isn't THAT OP. Sometimes if they're still sitting in the queue for a tank by the time I find another group I'll note the name and look them up later and I'd say over half the time I care enough to look it up, the run is either timed out or not even registered, and I know I dodged a bullet.

It's a crutch. There will be 1 in 10 people who use it as the intended tool. There will be 1 in 5 people who meet their own requirements on the character they're on (yeah yeah, but muh main.) The other 9/10 and 4/5 just don't want to work, think they already belong in the elite, and think this scoring tool will fix the problem.

In the words of Ronnie Coleman - “Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-!@# weights.”
11/13/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Bodywrecker
11/13/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Annastasi
Like it or not, the guy can build his group however he wants.

Don't take it so personally when someone doesn't want you

It's not about someone not wanting me as a tank, it's about someone being a belligerent pos of a human being because of an add-on score that doesn't determine skill.

I really doubt that raider.io caused that person to be a jerk. Jerks are jerks regardless of what excuse they (or someone else) comes up with.

It seems to me that your beef really isn't with raider.io at all. You simply experienced an interaction with a jerk. Shake it off and move on.
11/14/2018 11:29 AMPosted by Opherial
The w o r s t groups I've had so far this expansion have been the ones emphasizing the hardest on each other's raider.io score, generally. Looking one another up after their invites, getting into wagging contests.

I have my own team, run my own keys, sometimes I stick my thumb out for something to do. Usually I don't wait. Sometimes I get auto-declined because I don't have my good-boy points from dungeons I never get keys for or had a group where we timed out because of factors outside my control because even Blood isn't THAT OP. Sometimes if they're still sitting in the queue for a tank by the time I find another group I'll note the name and look them up later and I'd say over half the time I care enough to look it up, the run is either timed out or not even registered, and I know I dodged a bullet.

It's a crutch. There will be 1 in 10 people who use it as the intended tool. There will be 1 in 5 people who meet their own requirements on the character they're on (yeah yeah, but muh main.) The other 9/10 and 4/5 just don't want to work, think they already belong in the elite, and think this scoring tool will fix the problem.

In the words of Ronnie Coleman - “Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-!@# weights.”

I've found the exact opposite to be true. Groups with high expectations tend to do very well.
11/14/2018 05:07 AMPosted by Seelnay
11/14/2018 04:57 AMPosted by Amine

People aren't using it to validate skills though - they are using it to validate knowledge of the dungeons and knowing what to do and being willing and able to do it.

Dude, raider.io is a tool for scrubs to find players to carry their keys in M+. That is how IO is used in lower keys.

I bend to your superior knowledge of how scrubs use it.
I always have a nice laugh when a raider believes they should be able to do any mythic plus without question. As if raiding experience means anything in a mythic plus. Even "Famed Slayers" are no better at this, too.
11/13/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Bodywrecker

It's not about someone not wanting me as a tank, it's about someone being a belligerent pos of a human being because of an add-on score that doesn't determine skill.

There is no getting rid of bad attitudes. Thanks Obama!
11/13/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Bodywrecker
370 tank, guild leader of an 8/8H AOTC completed in September and I've successfully completed +8 M+ keys within the time-frame (I do them once a week for loot or 4 times for the weekly because M+'s are terrible "content") and apparently i have a raider i.o of 412.

Me: ?
Him: You have a terrible io
Me: You're determining my skill level from an add-on although I am AOTC with multiple heroic kills?
Him: yes, now f off scrub
ignored

Please remove this garbage from the game.

I'll be honest and say I use it for when I need to pug for Heroic Uldir just to see an individuals experience in both normal and heroic before deciding to invite the person, but I don't look at their score and tell them to F off.

If I've pretty much completed this patch's content other than Myhthic Uldir, so what in the actual !@#$ do people want for their groups?

sorry you can't come to my son's pool party because you're not Michael Phelps.

Edit: This thread only reinforces evidence the level of toxicity this add-on brings forth and I don't really want to feed trolls by responding.

So the only thing I'll say is that Raider io is not a determining factor of skill and never will. It creates a toxic atmosphere in custom queues that's unhealthy for the game.
It's not about entitlement or expectation. If you don't want an individual in your group, don't be immediately rude to that person with a condescending/belligerent response.

Edit 2:
The person who I'm referring to in the post, I was able to just search him and he actually has a lower i.o than me.
Toxicity is often also hypocrisy.

All raider.io does is show your experience by recording your results on the leader board and calculate a number score based on your times. Saying it is toxic is just like saying achievements are toxic because players make decisions based off of them.

People requiring a high level of experience or being mean if you do not meeting what they want has nothing to do with raider.io. If you want to block raider.io then we should also remove achievements because they are the same thing. The only reason IO is not good is because players on high pop servers can have a hard time recording their runs. This is something I have heard is changing soon as blizzard is updating their api to include all m+ results not just the top 500.
11/13/2018 01:52 PMPosted by Sybianjoy
*walks up to a job interview*
Employer: We're hiring mathematicians

Bodywrecker: I'm fluent in French!

Employer: F OFF!!

Idiotic analogy.
11/14/2018 10:56 AMPosted by Wtfbrew
The highest key OP has timed is a +6 on the week with the easiest affixs. That isn't impressive at all. This weeks affixes are brutal.

Ok so ,you don't like dungeons? So people should judge you on raids instead in which

you have green and grey logs on fights you've done multiple times before.. Again, you look like a below average player in all forms of content.

People have no incentive to take you when there are better players applying

The OP is complaining about not being able to get into a M+ and your rebuttal is to say his max M+ is low? He just said he can’t get into groups.

There are ways to argue properly but literally proving his point in your argument is not one of them.
Why don't you make your own group and recruit people who don't use IO and gather people who play at your level?

See? Even YOU don't want to play with other players similar to yourself. You wanted a free ride off elite players and got mad when they rejected you. The only hypocrite here is you.
OP made the mistake of messaging the group leader.
11/13/2018 01:45 PMPosted by Metrohaha
Just please be aware Blizzard didn't add "raiderio" so they can't remove it from the game.
are you that naive? how did you get to be green text? they can block it just like they have done so in the past;
11/14/2018 02:00 PMPosted by Smoph
11/14/2018 10:56 AMPosted by Wtfbrew
The highest key OP has timed is a +6 on the week with the easiest affixs. That isn't impressive at all. This weeks affixes are brutal.

Ok so ,you don't like dungeons? So people should judge you on raids instead in which

you have green and grey logs on fights you've done multiple times before.. Again, you look like a below average player in all forms of content.

People have no incentive to take you when there are better players applying

The OP is complaining about not being able to get into a M+ and your rebuttal is to say his max M+ is low? He just said he can’t get into groups.

There are ways to argue properly but literally proving his point in your argument is not one of them.

He didn't say what exactly he applied for. If he signed up for a weekly +10 for the chest on this week's hellish fort/teeming/explosive, with a record where his highest timer is a +6 on one of the easiest weeks we've had...yeah, that's a damn good reason to turn him down unless the leader doesn't mind depleting the key.

Mind you, leaders who don't mind depleting the key exist. I'm probably gonna take some guildies and alts into my +10 Seth for the chest later this week. It's the leader's prerogative how much they care.

He's also likely lying about having timered +8s, at least on that character. Last week was a relatively easy one with higher than usual leaderboard thresholds, and looking at the IO per-server stats a +8 in any dungeon would've easily made the top 500 on his server.
"There must always be.... A waytodetermineskilledandconfidentplayers"- Bolvar
11/14/2018 11:25 AMPosted by Loginerror
you have to play the game
11/14/2018 04:16 PMPosted by Zaitëki
11/13/2018 01:45 PMPosted by Metrohaha
Just please be aware Blizzard didn't add "raiderio" so they can't remove it from the game.
are you that naive? how did you get to be green text? they can block it just like they have done so in the past;
Raider IO isn't just a mod... it's also a website that gets info from the armory.

Even if Blizz blocked the mod, players would just goto the website to look up applicants' IO.

The only way for Blizzard to get rid of IO would be to block the mod and get rid of or severely restrict the armory website.
I'm still quite miffed, this OP is making glaring, just mind boggling mistakes and bad plays, and has the gall to take offense. I very much want to get his attention to fix at least some of it.

You don't have a Deafening Crash piece.
No Blockades.
You're using Punish+BsC+Devastator+Heavy Repercussions, instead of ItF+Unstoppable Force, Booming Voice, and Anger Management

You deserve to get denied. You're part of the reason prot warriors have such a terrible reputation right now