Told to F off because of Raider i.o

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 13 Next
11/13/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Bodywrecker
Me: ?
Him: You have a terrible io
Me: You're determining my skill level from an add-on although I am AOTC with multiple heroic kills?
Him: yes, now f off scrub
ignored

Your mistake was to continue talking after you got the first reply. You felt entitled to be part of the group, and that annoyed the leader, like it would annoy most people.

For your own groups and you'll see how you get bombarded by PMs of people claiming to be good. Stop making it personal, the leader is just picking the best looking option out of so many possibilities. If there's someone else in the group finder with a higher ilvl or io score, then you are clearly not "the best looking option."

Stop being so entitled, no one likes that. Don't blame your poor behavior on an addon.
11/13/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Bodywrecker
11/13/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Annastasi
Like it or not, the guy can build his group however he wants.

Don't take it so personally when someone doesn't want you

It's not about someone not wanting me as a tank, it's about someone being a belligerent pos of a human being because of an add-on score that doesn't determine skill.

Maybe he felt you were being rude in your comments. I don't know I'm not him.

You are 100% correct that the addon doesn't determine skill. It's merely an indicator of experience, and he wanted someone with more.

Raid experience =/= m+ experience. The two aren't related
From his point of view you a random player who might do raiding content, but have no idea how to propely perform in dungeons. They are different. Would you take a mythic+ only player to mythic raids? Maybe you would. Thats your choice. And he has his choice of who is in his group.

For you to argue agaisnt his decision is the toxic attitude. What does he owe you?
11/13/2018 01:52 PMPosted by Wÿvern
Don't blame your poor behavior on an addon.

WoW 2018 in a nutshell
11/13/2018 01:39 PMPosted by Nillah
Blizzard can get rid of raider i.o if they want, but they'll never get rid of toxic players.

sure they can.

just let us start reporting them with screenshots/video of the action.

but they ratehr protect the bad eggs :|
did you buy any get good potions before trying to join ?
Make your own group. You aren't entitled to be brought to someone else's key.

I have a 1600io and I get declined all the time. Stop taking it so personally.
11/13/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Bodywrecker
11/13/2018 01:52 PMPosted by Wÿvern
Don't blame your poor behavior on an addon.

WoW 2018 in a nutshell

You think this is in your favor but it shows how entitled you are and why you were blocked.
11/13/2018 01:39 PMPosted by Gnomest
This usually means just about nobody, but gnomes.

PS: I am kidding of course. That would be silly and stupid.

From the mouth of gnomes.

Players will always find a way to exclude others, based on any circumstance, imagined or otherwise.
Yay the daily mythic+ whine thread

Was wondering when it was coming :)
Ah yeah I forgot...

Was just supposed to link this in any raider.io QQ thread.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769709260?page=1

And say...

another Rastlin thread.
11/13/2018 01:58 PMPosted by Dvis
11/13/2018 01:39 PMPosted by Gnomest
This usually means just about nobody, but gnomes.

PS: I am kidding of course. That would be silly and stupid.

From the mouth of gnomes.

Players will always find a way to exclude others, based on any circumstance, imagined or otherwise.

Yes. If I'm building a group for +10 kings rest, I'm going to exclude the guy who has only done a +4.

Id probably take the guy who has a +9 though.
11/13/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Lockedheart
11/13/2018 01:39 PMPosted by Nillah
Blizzard can get rid of raider i.o if they want, but they'll never get rid of toxic players.

sure they can.

just let us start reporting them with screenshots/video of the action.

but they ratehr protect the bad eggs :|

Who gets to decide what's toxic though? I find people who don't know mechanics for fights to be toxic. Every single one of them has a guide built in to the game's UI. Showing up not knowing them means you are intentionally wasting other people's time.
11/13/2018 01:58 PMPosted by Wariya
Yay the daily mythic+ whine thread

Was wondering when it was coming :)

The weird part is there's only been the one. Usually by this time of day we have three or four.

It's not about someone not wanting me as a tank, it's about someone being a belligerent pos of a human being because of an add-on score that doesn't determine skill.
There's a lot more to doing well in a group than just individual skill.

Also important is how well you know the dungeon including that week's affixes, all the fight mechanics, and if you're the tank ... the best path to take.

As the green poster above mentioned, Mythic dungeons are a different form of content.
  • Would you invite a player to tank your mythic Uldir raid who has 2000 arena rating, but has no PVE experience beyond normal mode Uldir? ... No.
  • Would you invite a player to your 2000 arena team who has AOTC and downed some bosses in Mythic Uldir, but whose highest PVP rating is 500? ... No.
  • And the same applies for mythic+. OP's clearing of heroic Uldir simply means he's probably decent in PVE and has sufficient gear to do well. But his low IO score demonstrates that he's also probably unfamiliar with higher mythic+ dungeons and encounters. For players who wish to progress their keys in timed runs it is critical to get recruits who know the dungeon ... especially the tank.

That said, it does sound like OP was treated quite rudely. You're probably better off not having been invited to that group.

it doesnt determine skill. i determines experience in the content you are trying to do.

you dont have that experience AND youre a warrior tank.

lobby for more buffs and make your own groups.

problem solved.
11/13/2018 01:41 PMPosted by Canadiana
Wait till it affects WQ's. Sorry your IO isnt high enough for this mining WQ. lol

well yea! you got to go work on your fishing to get your overall score up, then maybe your previous mining will be considered.
Experienced players are only interested in playing with experienced players. If they're so toxic, then form your own group.
While the answer you got from that person was not nice I understand why not taking you.. I will post a question to you to explain:

Say you are making a group for a Heroic Uldir clear and I apply for it but I've only done LFR. Hey but I have a good Raider.io score and have completed +10 keys in time for every dungeon, would you take me for that group?, I'm also a Resto Shaman.

The point I'm trying to make is that M+ and Raiding is very different, yes they are both PvE content and I'm sure you can play your class very well, but there are also mechanics involved in the boss and specially thrash pulls that you need to know, specially as the Tank, you should also have a good understanding about what to pull and what to skip to get enough %.
...I don’t even care much about Raider.io. If you aren’t a team player and are an arrogant and pompous dude I will walk away even if you had like 2k score.

I enjoy keystones but now I do them in teams or with friends only.
Good advice.

The best way to do mythic+ is to not pug. Get a group of friends together who have compatible personalities. Run mythic+ with that group every week.

If your personalities click, everyone will have a good time. And because it's a regular group of friends nobody will care about Raider IO and you won't get rejected.

Mythic+ is a lot more relaxing when you don't have to worry each week about finding a group. And if you run with the same players each week you'll likely have much smoother runs. Everyone will learn each others' capabilities and styles and your group should operate better than a PUG.