Told to F off because of Raider i.o

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 13 Next
"One guy was mean to me because my score is low so it should be removed!"
Toxicity everywhere these days.

Sad. So sad.
Is this an alt of that paladin who posted a thread last week claiming they'd been "told to 'f off'" many times, when in fact that hadn't happened once?

They were just declined...
11/13/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Bodywrecker
sorry you can't come to my son's pool party because you're not Michael Phelps

Sounds like you don't take other people's runs very seriously. Maybe they do, and your attitude is clear. What do you expect? Really?
11/13/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Bodywrecker
11/13/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Annastasi
Like it or not, the guy can build his group however he wants.

Don't take it so personally when someone doesn't want you

It's not about someone not wanting me as a tank, it's about someone being a belligerent pos of a human being because of an add-on score that doesn't determine skill.

Except it does. If you complete 8s in time with a score in the 400s that means you have done like 4 8s in time and then barely touched ANY of the other dungeons. You rarely see 3 affixes. You probably havent even SEEN an infested mob. Why would I want YOU? When I can wait a whopping 60 extra seconds or whatever for a tank infinitely more qualified?

Also, tanking in raid is trivial compared to 5 mans. You dont have 4 healers babysitting you nor do you have to worry about kiting or using your utility. The most tanks have to do in raid is hit their buttons at the correct time and taunt on 2. Especially in Uldir which is INCREDIBLY trivial since half the bosses simply dont move ESPECIALLY in heroic. You can sit in one spot as the tank on Taloc, Vectis, Fetid, Zul (P1), Mythrax, and Ghuun p2 and p3. That's 6 out of 8 bosses my dood. If you dont kite on necrotic, raging, or bolstering week chances are you get splatted or make it way more difficult than it ever should be.
Lol you only have a score of 412 maybe you should get better at the game first! Instead of raiding you shouldve worked on your IO score.
370 tank, guild leader of an 8/8H AOTC completed in September and I've successfully completed +8 M+ keys within the time-frame (I do them once a week for loot or 4 times for the weekly because M+'s are terrible "content") and apparently i have a raider i.o of 412.

Me: ?
Him: You have a terrible io
Me: You're determining my skill level from an add-on although I am AOTC with multiple heroic kills?
Him: yes, now f off scrub
ignored

Please remove this garbage from the game.

I'll be honest and say I use it for when I need to pug for Heroic Uldir just to see an individuals experience in both normal and heroic before deciding to invite the person, but I don't look at their score and tell them to F off.

If I've pretty much completed this patch's content other than Myhthic Uldir, so what in the actual !@#$ do people want for their groups?

sorry you can't come to my son's pool party because you're not Michael Phelps.

Edit: This thread only reinforces evidence the level of toxicity this add-on brings forth and I don't really want to feed trolls by responding.

So the only thing I'll say is that Raider io is not a determining factor of skill and never will. It creates a toxic atmosphere in custom queues that's unhealthy for the game.
It's not about entitlement or expectation. If you don't want an individual in your group, don't be immediately rude to that person with a condescending/belligerent response.

Edit 2:
The person who I'm referring to in the post, I was able to just search him and he actually has a lower i.o than me.
Toxicity is often also hypocrisy.

For all of that wall of complaining, you have still not given evidence as to why Raider.io is a problem. It is a tool for people who want to use it. Nothing more than that. Unless a new raider.io requirement was added to start a group, this is all essentially just a bowl of sour grapes.
Just that you have yet to demonstrate that you can do so reliably.

An 8/8 H Uldir tank hasnt demonstrated that ALREADY?

Metro: Having DONE at least two bosses H Uldir so far, that vs an M key? The H bosses are a hell of a lot harder.

(Taloc and MOTHER. Ouch.)
11/13/2018 02:29 PMPosted by Aehl

Metro: Having DONE at least two bosses H Uldir so far, that vs an M key? The H bosses are a hell of a lot harder.

Raid bosses have nothing to do with Mythic dungeons. Some of the best M+ teams I've ran with have minimal raid experience, and some of the most progressed raiders I've played with have depleted our keys.

Raider.io provides an objective list of your completions and helps group leaders that are putting up THEIR key to decide who is best to bring to THEIR group.
The person who I'm referring to in the post, I was able to just search him and he actually has a lower i.o than me.

We were able to search you too and we could instantly tell you're full of !@#$. You have not done a single +8 on time despite claiming to have. In fact, you've only made a single attempt on a +8 of anything, and it was in Temple of Sethraliss, and it took you almost 2 hours.

No, he hasn't. In any given dungeon, a single trash pack would have more tank relevant mechanics than any individual boss would in Uldir.
although I am AOTC with multiple heroic kills?

You aren't applying for a raid... why would your raid achieve convince anyone?

Like "Hey, that's nice. Grats on AoTC. But it doesn't prove you know what you're doing in a TD +10."

11/13/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Bodywrecker
because of an add-on score that doesn't determine skill.

It is, bar none, the best available assessment of a player's experience in M+. (ilvl doesn't mean much in today's game. Just logging in to cap conquest each week will get you an ilvl over 370)

The concept is really simple and even without a score, boils down to the age old question "Have you done this before?". That will never stop being asked towards applicants.

You can easily improve your score if you want... or don't. Completely up to you.
You run instances. You get a number.
Higher instances, higher number.
Me: ?
Him: You have a terrible io
Me: You're determining my skill level from an add-on although I am AOTC with multiple heroic kills?
Him: yes, now f off scrub
ignored

The question is, why do you even want to run with a person like this?

Remove the addon/website and now you get groups with this kind of trash. Is that seriously what you want? Do you think you'll have more fun listening to 20 minutes of this jackarse run his mouth before he insults everyone and bails mid run? While most likely being the core reason the group is failing because he needs to be carried?

Screw it, let these jerkwads act all elitist when they generally need to be carried by other people. I will happily never group with people like that. All I see is the trash taking itself out so you don't have to deal with it.

FTR all the people being like "a job would say the same thing". No, a company will be professional and polite when they turn you down for a job. Companies don't generally act like a bunch of jackals towards applicants.

For me, I don't care if I'm turned down. But if anyone thinks this is acceptable normal behavior, than I'm sorry your going to have a rude awakening when you get a job and find out you can't talk to people like this. You're going to have a hard time trying to play any other MMO on the market for that matter. Because unlike Blizz, most companies don't tolerate behavior like this.
Can't you just put a group together with your 8/8h guild?
I've got a useless io score but I've tanked and healed 10s for the weekly just through my guild, it ain't hard son.
Raid bosses have nothing to do with Mythic dungeons

Aside from the fact they are a hell of a lot harder?

. Some of the best M+ teams I've ran with have minimal raid experience, and some of the most progressed raiders I've played with have depleted our keys.

Sorry to hear that, then again it depends on the player.

The failing here is one I have seen over and over again: people put far too much faith in oracles.

In WOTLK it was gearscore - widely derided these days as one of the worst addons ever devised.

In WOD it was PG - a sick joke then and now.

Now its raider.io

I am reminded forcibly of when I was recruited for a major financial institution. The tests etc were a PITA..the guy I was up against had the RL equivalent of raider.io...background, experience, a degree..so I didnt fancy my chances.

They also threw a psychometric test at me, had never done one of these before and kinda wombled my way through it..left at the end and shrugged it off.

"That was a disaster and that was WEIRD...oh well..."

A few days later guess who got the job.

Me.

Turns out the guy I was up against had all the right skills, ticked all the right boxes...but was no one you'd want in that office.

So: protip?

You may see raider.io as some kind of "test of competency"...I just cant help but wonder how many babies you threw out with the bathwater in the process.
Raiding has nothing to do with your experience as a M+ player.

If your io score is crap I couldn't care less if you're 8/8M Uldir, you'll be getting declined.
We were able to search you too and we could instantly tell you're full of !@#$. You have not done a single +8 on time despite claiming to have. In fact, you've only made a single attempt on a +8 of anything, and it was in Temple of Sethraliss, and it took you almost 2 hours.

Ever stop to think you may be looking at the wrong toon?
Ask yourself this: Why do you even want to be in that group?

You avoided dealing with an idiot. And you have nothing to prove with that idiot.

Completely different content. Why would doing a raid with completely different content mean he knows how to do a high key?

Does he know the routes? Does he know pull percentages? Does he know skip methods? When to pool CDs for mass pulls? When to spend CDs to make trash faster? How about his execution on particular boss mechanics for that specific dungeon? Does he know his current comps ability to cheese specific parts of the dungeon?

Nope him clearing a raid doesn't mean he knows anything about that dungeon.

It's almost like....Mythic + and Raids are both difficult in their own ways...