Told to F off because of Raider i.o

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 13 Next
11/13/2018 02:29 PMPosted by Aehl
Just that you have yet to demonstrate that you can do so reliably.

An 8/8 H Uldir tank hasnt demonstrated that ALREADY?

Metro: Having DONE at least two bosses H Uldir so far, that vs an M key? The H bosses are a hell of a lot harder.

(Taloc and MOTHER. Ouch.)

...?

Taloc and MOTHER...?

I hate to say it, but MOTHER isn't that hard. And Taloc is such a loot pinata that people do him on mythic too i've heard.
11/13/2018 02:43 PMPosted by Aehl
We were able to search you too and we could instantly tell you're full of !@#$. You have not done a single +8 on time despite claiming to have. In fact, you've only made a single attempt on a +8 of anything, and it was in Temple of Sethraliss, and it took you almost 2 hours.

Ever stop to think you may be looking at the wrong toon?

Do you know how Raider.io works? It takes the data from Blizzard's own webst and uses that. If they searched for the OP there wouldn't be another copy of that too so name & server.

It's him.
You were declined because of your low .io score.

You were told to "f off" because you badgered the group leader in a private message after being declined.
11/13/2018 02:43 PMPosted by Aehl
We were able to search you too and we could instantly tell you're full of !@#$. You have not done a single +8 on time despite claiming to have. In fact, you've only made a single attempt on a +8 of anything, and it was in Temple of Sethraliss, and it took you almost 2 hours.

Ever stop to think you may be looking at the wrong toon?

370 tank in the post by his admission, 370 in the profile.
412 score in the post by his admission, 412 score in the profile.
Raider.io also shows the score of your alts/mains.

Ever stop to consider that maybe you have no clue what you're talking about, Mr. H-Taloc-and-H-Mother-are-more-difficult-than-m+?
Taloc and MOTHER...?

I hate to say it, but MOTHER isn't that hard. And Taloc is such a loot pinata that people do him on mythic too i've heard.

Well having never done it on H before, and having read the journal but not having DONE it live before, it was difficult at first.

Now Ive done it, know the fights better, it wont be a problem next time.

My point is this: skiils are not restricted to one set if instances, but never mind.

Say hello to Delphi for me next time you go to ask advice.
Mythic + is a lot different than raiding IMO. I wouldn't look at raiding experience for Mythic plus and I wouldn't look for mythic plus experience for raiding. Same reason arena players don't care about your AOTC.
11/13/2018 01:46 PMPosted by Truckum
Raider IO dungeon score gives a resume of your dungeon experience. Your raiding experience has zero bearing on whether you are good candidate for an m+ key.

Allow me to emphasize this post. Raiding and M+ are very different animals. M+ consists of 5 people, meaning each person plays a much more significant role in the success of the group. As both a mythic raider and an avid m+ player in Legion and BfA, I can tell you from experience Mythic raiders do NOT immediately equate to good M+ players. If I see a group that says "Mythic Raiders" I just lol and stay the hell away from that.

Raider.IO isn't perfect, but it's a representation of your experience. It may not be the ultimate tool in measuring skill or performance, but it will show us whether you've been able to complete high(er) keys on time. And given m+ demands much more from it's members, the likelyhood of you having a clue on dungeon mechanics and being able to play your class correctly and interrupt things increases if you've been able to complete higher keys. It's not always the case, but I can guarantee you you're way better off screening potential team members than not.

Another example, I leveled this DK to 120 this past weekend. I've been literally TRYING to pug +2 and 3 keys at 340 ilvl and it is PAINFUL. Literally people that don't know what's going on, never interrupt, stun, slow, or use their classes utility. Jumped in with some buddies last night and tanked a +9 at 342 ilvl just fine.

As much as you don't want to hear it, Heroic raiding is faceroll content at current ilvl. Anyone decent at M+ or looking to do +10 keys is going to laugh at you when you link AoTC. Most will even laugh at linking mythic kills.

You're a bit out of touch. Raider.IO gives players that excel at the game a chance to group with other with the same experience.
In the hour or so since this thread was created, you could've formed your own group, run your own key, and gotten a higher raider.io score in the process.

Instead you're still on the forums doing nothing of note. But let me guess, that's raider.io's fault.
OP was told to f off because he thought being declined from a dungeon was a personal affront that needed to be argued about. If I were the group leader, I wouldn't say it, but I would certainly be thinking it. You are not entitled to a group.

Raider.io is flawed, sure, especially for alts/latecomers who face a relatively tough uphill process, but the alternative is that people judge you by your ilvl instead of your experience in dungeons, which is infinitely worse. It would make you yearn for the days of gearscore, where at least the stupid thing accounted for the different budgets of various slots and the WotLK gearing process was so much more linear. Now? Everyone has 370s from content that is impossible to fail.

I'm not sure how you would even improve upon Raider.IO. Pug leaders aren't going to look into your heart and see your true worth, they're gonna look at the color of your name and the number next to it. The bottom line is that pugs are going to judge applicants somehow, and pretty much no matter what it's going to be a quick and inaccurate judgment.

The only way I could imgaine getting around this would be a mode where you go through a M+ dungeon with NPCs, demonstrating your ability to do the actual content at a given level of difficulty instead of a really weak analogue like Proving Grounds were. Have your performance in that mode display on your pug applications instead of ilvl. Of course, everyone who remembers the healing mage tower is now in the corner in the fetal position, rocking gently and mumbling something about interrupts.

Can't please everyone.
go on and apply to a 2200 RBG group with your G'huun Heroic kills.
yeah you sound this dumb
lol
11/13/2018 03:04 PMPosted by Aled
The only way I could imgaine getting around this would be a mode where you go through a M+ dungeon with NPCs, demonstrating your ability to do the actual content at a given level of difficulty instead of a really weak analogue like Proving Grounds were. Have your performance in that mode display on your pug applications instead of ilvl. Of course, everyone who remembers the healing mage tower is now in the corner in the fetal position, rocking gently and mumbling something about interrupts.

Can't please everyone.

For a while one needed silver in Proving Grounds to be able to queue for LFD. Even that was too much for most people. Imagine all the m+/raider.io complaint threads we have today, and multiply that by five, and you could get a pretty good picture of how badly people hated and were against the silver PG requirement.
Me: ?
Him: You have a terrible io
Me: You're determining my skill level from an add-on although I am AOTC with multiple heroic kills?
Him: yes, now f off scrub
ignored
ppl who say stuff like this are what we call “animals”
11/13/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Bodywrecker
370 tank, guild leader of an 8/8H AOTC completed in September and I've successfully completed +8 M+ keys within the time-frame (I do them once a week for loot or 4 times for the weekly because M+'s are terrible "content") and apparently i have a raider i.o of 412.

Me: You're determining my skill level from an add-on although I am AOTC with multiple heroic kills?
ignored

Please remove this garbage from the game.

I'll be honest and say I use it for when I need to pug for Heroic Uldir just to see an individuals experience in both normal and heroic before deciding to invite the person, but I don't look at their score and tell them to F off.

If I've pretty much completed this patch's content other than Myhthic Uldir, so what in the actual !@#$ do people want for their groups?

sorry you can't come to my son's pool party because you're not Michael Phelps.

Edit: This thread only reinforces evidence the level of toxicity this add-on brings forth and I don't really want to feed trolls by responding.

So the only thing I'll say is that Raider io is not a determining factor of skill and never will. It creates a toxic atmosphere in custom queues that's unhealthy for the game.
It's not about entitlement or expectation. If you don't want an individual in your group, don't be immediately rude to that person with a condescending/belligerent response.

Edit 2:
The person who I'm referring to in the post, I was able to just search him and he actually has a lower i.o than me.
Toxicity is often also hypocrisy.

You were actually told off because that guy was a **!!!!@!. It has nothing to do with a mod.

Oh, and by the way, your raid achievements are literally meaningless to the M+ community. They do not translate.
11/13/2018 01:39 PMPosted by Gnomest
Nobody is allowed in any of my raids of dungeons unless they can match certain cuteness standards. This usually means just about nobody, but gnomes.

PS: I am kidding of course. That would be silly and stupid.

I'd actually be down for that. ALL GNOME RAID TIME!
When did blizzard stop giving everyone there own key on tuesday?

DADDY BLIZZARD HELP, THAT KID SWEAR AT ME ON THE INTERENT!!!
11/13/2018 02:52 PMPosted by Aewendil
You were declined because of your low .io score.

You were told to "f off" because you badgered the group leader in a private message after being declined.

this.

believe it or not , you are not entitled to my or anyone elses group but your own.

when someone starts a group , they have the choice out of a whole bunch of random nobodies, who to take.

raider.io is a TOOL to assess someones experience with the content they are applying for. it uses blizzards own data. (the data is flawed and doesnt show every run someone has ran so theres a valid concern.)

the reason this is so prevalent is because you cant just say "oh look he has this ilvl he must be experienced" anymore.

warforge and titanforge have ruined that.

you cant tell anymore if a person has done anything involving skill cause you can get 360+ ilvl from wq and lfr and warfronts.

so ya , blame blizzard for that.
So my takeaway from this thread is to not expect to get anywhere in M+ as a Prot Warrior?
11/13/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Bodywrecker
370 tank, guild leader of an 8/8H AOTC completed in September and I've successfully completed +8 M+ keys within the time-frame (I do them once a week for loot or 4 times for the weekly because M+'s are terrible "content") and apparently i have a raider i.o of 412.

ignored

Please remove this garbage from the game.

I'll be honest and say I use it for when I need to pug for Heroic Uldir just to see an individuals experience in both normal and heroic before deciding to invite the person, but I don't look at their score and tell them to F off.

If I've pretty much completed this patch's content other than Myhthic Uldir, so what in the actual !@#$ do people want for their groups?

sorry you can't come to my son's pool party because you're not Michael Phelps.

Edit: This thread only reinforces evidence the level of toxicity this add-on brings forth and I don't really want to feed trolls by responding.

So the only thing I'll say is that Raider io is not a determining factor of skill and never will. It creates a toxic atmosphere in custom queues that's unhealthy for the game.
It's not about entitlement or expectation. If you don't want an individual in your group, don't be immediately rude to that person with a condescending/belligerent response.

Edit 2:
The person who I'm referring to in the post, I was able to just search him and he actually has a lower i.o than me.
Toxicity is often also hypocrisy.

i'll tell you the truth, you got told to fukk off because you're not a blood dk

the io score was just the excuse, if you run a BDK you will notice all of a sudden your io score is irrelevant