Told to F off because of Raider i.o

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 13 Next
11/13/2018 03:18 PMPosted by Xecks

the reason this is so prevalent is because you cant just say "oh look he has this ilvl he must be experienced" anymore.

warforge and titanforge have ruined that.

[/quote]

Warforge and titanforge have nothing to do with it, you could never previouly tell whether or not someone was any good just by ilvl. There have always been loads of players carried through raids who had good ilvl but no idea how to play, which is exactly why gearscore was always a stupid addon to begin with.

Before the advent of mythic raiding probably 50% or more of people doing the highest level of content were being carried. And probably still the same amount or more getting carried through heroic raiding now.
I thought they were supposed to provide different challenges for parties to encounter, not so much for various specs to be rotated.

the rotation in spec priority to "give everyone a time to shine" was an insight provided directly by Ion during a Q and A in response to a question about how affixes were developed and balanced in BFA
11/13/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Bodywrecker
11/13/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Annastasi
Like it or not, the guy can build his group however he wants.

Don't take it so personally when someone doesn't want you

It's not about someone not wanting me as a tank, it's about someone being a belligerent pos of a human being because of an add-on score that doesn't determine skill.
raise your score then
11/13/2018 03:53 PMPosted by Twilie
UBRS was tough.

Shattered Halls Heroic was hard, so was Steamvents if you didn't manage trash correctly.

11/13/2018 03:44 PMPosted by Goralcos
Its so weird that despite all these threads about being told to f off because of io score, that neither i, or any of my friends have ever had this occur to them a single time.

I had it happen to my Shaman when trying to get into M0s. I was just wanting to start the gearing treadmill and got laughed at by 4 groups.

So I logged into this Warrior and got her to cap so I can unlock Mag'har.

11/13/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Shamoke
the rotation in spec priority to "give everyone a time to shine" was an insight provided directly by Ion during a Q and A in response to a question about how affixes were developed and balanced

Ah. I remember it's implementation for Affixes being about providing a varried challenge for groups (with the intent being for set groups at high key levels) over time.
11/13/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Bodywrecker

Me: ?

Why even respond with something like this? You're declined, move on.

When im making a group and 5000 people is applying, responding to random nobody like you is a waste of time(he even graced you with 3 response, i would've ignored you on the first whisper).
Heroic Uldir experience has nothing to do with M+.
11/13/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Aewendil
Warforge and titanforge have nothing to do with it, you could never previouly tell whether or not someone was any good just by ilvl.

Yes you could. Because only good players would be in good gear. There were no handouts.
11/13/2018 01:52 PMPosted by Sybianjoy
*walks up to a job interview*
Employer: We're hiring mathematicians

Bodywrecker: I'm fluent in French!

Employer: F OFF!!

*walks up to a job interview*
Employer: We're hiring mathematicians

Bodywrecker: I have doctorate in mathematics, I atttended xxx academy

Employer: F OFF we are only taking people with a 99% attendance score.

There are a lot more mechanics and abilities to be familiar with in an m+ than in a raid. You have to know trash abilities, mechanics, pull routes, skip routes, and boss abilities. You have to know which you should interrupt and which you shouldn't interrupt. You have to know which mobs you can facetank and which mobs you have to kite. Affixes add several wrenches into the mix and sometimes a strategy that may work with one affix combination would be the worst thing you can do with another affix combination.

We all know this. But can it all be reduced down to a single RELIABLE number?

Mostly raider.io is about quickly reducing the horde of dps that apply to a few choices
Edit 2:
The person who I'm referring to in the post, I was able to just search him and he actually has a lower i.o than me.
Toxicity is often also hypocrisy.

Honestly, sounds like you got lucky and didn't waste over 40 minutes of your time.
11/13/2018 04:01 PMPosted by Jalen
11/13/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Aewendil
Warforge and titanforge have nothing to do with it, you could never previouly tell whether or not someone was any good just by ilvl.

Yes you could. Because only good players would be in good gear. There were no handouts.

That would certainly come as news to raid leaders who carried 15 bad players through 25 man raid content in every expansion in history.
11/13/2018 03:25 PMPosted by Twilie
This is the reason I am so against the mythic + idea. They made it into a competitive atmosphere. Mythic should be the highest you go dungeon wise and it should be very difficult but not timed. *shrugs* Maybe I just hate timed dungeons, its as bad as greater rifts in D3.

I LIKE COMPETING AGAINST THE CONTENT NOT THE PLAYERS.
11/13/2018 02:43 PMPosted by Alisiaa
Ask yourself this: Why do you even want to be in that group?

You avoided dealing with an idiot. And you have nothing to prove with that idiot.

Probably the best reply I've read here.

I logged off not long after posting this to play some EVE and I'm surprised to see 6 pages at this point.
80% of the comments here only reinforce the point that this add-on just promotes and encourages toxic behavior.

I get that Raider I.O is meant to give a specific player an understanding of another player's experience, and that makes sense on paper, but it falls short in overall experience and cannot represent skill.

I'm an iLevel 370 Prot warrior that started playing in 2006 and started raiding somewhere around 2007 and starting "hardcore raiding" between late LK to mid Cataclysm, then I got a little bit older and had to find myself as a working adult.

I'm now 26 back in the raiding scene and got AOTC after the 4th week of Uldir release and leading my own guild regardless of my break from raiding.

Raider I.O doesn't represent any of that. No add-on can show skill OR my experience.

Requiring a high I.O score to do a specific key# Mythic dungeon you way out-gear and can easily out perform based on the content you've successfully did in the past but still getting rejected from someone's over inflated ego over a miss represented number is just a shame.

Yes, I can just make my own group. But sometimes I just want to join another person's group that already has a higher key, or it's because there's only a handful of members online in my guild at the time of day I happen to be online (as what happened today). Why can't players just NOT be jerks and actually look up someone to determine by themselves whether or not that person meets their criteria instead of looking at a number and tell them to F off?
11/13/2018 04:17 PMPosted by Aewendil
11/13/2018 04:01 PMPosted by Jalen

That would certainly come as news to raid leaders who carried 15 bad players through 25 man raid content in every expansion in history.

You must not raid often because if over half of your team is an anchor, you're not doing any serious progression.
11/13/2018 04:31 PMPosted by Bodywrecker
80% of the comments here only reinforce the point that this add-on just promotes and encourages toxic behavior.

From what I've read it's a reporting site, is it an actual addon?
I'm an iLevel 370 Prot warrior that started playing in 2006 and started raiding somewhere around 2007 and starting "hardcore raiding" between late LK to mid Cataclysm, then I got a little bit older and had to find myself as a working adult.

I'm now 26 back in the raiding scene and got AOTC after the 4th week of Uldir release and leading my own guild regardless of my break from raiding.

None of this means anything to the guy making the group. What he cares about is your recent m+ experience. You didn't have the m+ experience he wanted, so he moved on. you responded with attitude, he responded back with attitude, yet he's the only toxic one in this situation?

pot. kettle. black.
Yes, I can just make my own group. But sometimes I just want to join another person's group that already has a higher key, or it's because there's only a handful of members online in my guild at the time of day I happen to be online (as what happened today). Why can't players just NOT be jerks and actually look up someone to determine by themselves whether or not that person meets their criteria instead of looking at a number and tell them to F off?

Again, you weren't told to F off because of a number, you were declined because of a number. Then you started an argument which ended when you were told to F off.

I'm not sure what you expect, here. Are they going to see that you have Hydraxian Waterlords rep and decide, "yes, this seems like someone who understands how to deathskip Motherlode."
11/13/2018 04:39 PMPosted by Aled
Then you started an argument

?
11/13/2018 04:43 PMPosted by Bodywrecker
11/13/2018 04:39 PMPosted by Aled
Then you started an argument

?

Yeah, I don't know what you think that means, but when you send it to someone who just declined you that is, in fact, the start of an argument.

You aren't owed a group, and you definitely aren't owed an explanation for why you didn't get a group.
11/13/2018 04:33 PMPosted by Jalen
11/13/2018 04:17 PMPosted by Aewendil

You must not raid often because if over half of your team is an anchor, you're not doing any serious progression.

You don't have to be in a top 200 guild to get loot from raids.

Plenty of bad players got good loot from raids back when raids were the only way to get loot.

Or am I the only person here who still remembers 8 manning Rage Winterchill while the 17 people who couldn't move out of death and decay sat and watched for 10 minutes?
11/13/2018 04:35 PMPosted by Calska

From what I've read it's a reporting site, is it an actual addon?

The addon just allows you to see the site data in game when you mouse over someone's name or portrait.