Told to F off because of Raider i.o

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 13 Next
Even with the difference of content between mythic raiding and m+ content, raider.io is still ridiculous

a player could farm a bunch of +5 or +6 dungeons and get his score up to a decent level, and still be pretty !@#$ty at the higher m+ keys.
11/13/2018 04:47 PMPosted by Aled
Yeah, I don't know what you think that means, but when you send it to someone who just declined you that is, in fact, the start of an argument.

You aren't owed a group, and you definitely aren't owed an explanation for why you didn't get a group.

Nobody said anybody owed me anything. It's generally a nice thing to at least say "Sorry, I've had bad luck with lower raid i.o players and I want to keep around my score" or something along those lines.

Instead you're defending someone who was a belligerent !@# who tells people to F OFF, and even after looking him up, I was actually higher I.o than him. So he was also being a massive hypocrite.

Take your ego and shove it, child.

Edit: If a ? triggers you to the edge of your seat, hot headed and fingers on fire ready to type something hateful to someone you don't know, you're likely the problem.
11/13/2018 04:31 PMPosted by Bodywrecker
11/13/2018 02:43 PMPosted by Alisiaa
Ask yourself this: Why do you even want to be in that group?

You avoided dealing with an idiot. And you have nothing to prove with that idiot.

Probably the best reply I've read here.

I logged off not long after posting this to play some EVE and I'm surprised to see 6 pages at this point.
80% of the comments here only reinforce the point that this add-on just promotes and encourages toxic behavior.

I get that Raider I.O is meant to give a specific player an understanding of another player's experience, and that makes sense on paper, but it falls short in overall experience and cannot represent skill.

I'm an iLevel 370 Prot warrior that started playing in 2006 and started raiding somewhere around 2007 and starting "hardcore raiding" between late LK to mid Cataclysm, then I got a little bit older and had to find myself as a working adult.

I'm now 26 back in the raiding scene and got AOTC after the 4th week of Uldir release and leading my own guild regardless of my break from raiding.

Raider I.O doesn't represent any of that. No add-on can show skill OR my experience.

Requiring a high I.O score to do a specific key# Mythic dungeon you way out-gear and can easily out perform based on the content you've successfully did in the past but still getting rejected from someone's over inflated ego over a miss represented number is just a shame.

Yes, I can just make my own group. But sometimes I just want to join another person's group that already has a higher key, or it's because there's only a handful of members online in my guild at the time of day I happen to be online (as what happened today). Why can't players just NOT be jerks and actually look up someone to determine by themselves whether or not that person meets their criteria instead of looking at a number and tell them to F off?

I looked up your raid experience. You've only killed H G'huun once. So even if I am the kind of idiot that thinks raid experience = m+ experience, I still wouldn't bring you to an m+.
11/13/2018 04:48 PMPosted by Aewendil
11/13/2018 04:33 PMPosted by Jalen

You must not raid often because if over half of your team is an anchor, you're not doing any serious progression.

You don't have to be in a top 200 guild to get loot from raids.

Plenty of bad players got good loot from raids back when raids were the only way to get loot.

Or am I the only person here who still remembers 8 manning Rage Winterchill while the 17 people who couldn't move out of death and decay sat and watched for 10 minutes?

You could get loot. But to get the great loot, you would have to learn to be an asset to your team instead of a liability. I was a noob in Wrath and cleared raids. But I never touched Heroic. Nor was I even close to someone that did.
11/13/2018 01:39 PMPosted by Gnomest
Nobody is allowed in any of my raids of dungeons unless they can match certain cuteness standards. This usually means just about nobody, but gnomes.

PS: I am kidding of course. That would be silly and stupid.

I would love to pvp with you
370, AOTC doesn't mean !@#$ when it comes to Mythic+.

I never get why people link AOTC for Mythic+. It proves nothing to me for M+.

I've invited Mythic raid geared people in Legion to high keys and they've screwed up every mechanic. "Oh there's a wall of ghost soldiers coming at me(Vault)? Better stand in the way and see what happens!", "What's this big arcane ball falling on me?(EoA) Better run away from the group!"

---

Whether people like it or not, Raider.io is a bloody good tool for Mythic+. Some people take it too far yer but generally speaking it's far more useful weeding out the bads that will kill your key or not.
11/13/2018 01:40 PMPosted by Sorelai
As a tank, you can practically build your own group for anything in the group finder. You should probably go that route.

He probly skipped a week and has no key
Sorry but your raid experience does not equate over to mythic+ content, they are two very different PvE settings. It is like how rated BGs are vastly different then rated arenas.

Now the fact someone was rude to you, well get over it this is the internet and it won't be the last time. That has nothing to do with raider.io and everything to do with some people just being an !@# online because they can get away with it.
I can't get into pug groups at +10 or higher despite clearing tons of +15s last xpac and up to +11 this xpac. My ilvl of 382 and mythic raid experience means nothing.

Last expac I could get into mythic+. Now not so much. I don't really enjoy mythic+. I just like running one a week for the weekly chest. This doesn't inflate my score enough to get groups.

This was not an issue last expansion where i never had issues with pug groups and was doing well in most of them.
This isn't a Raiderio problem as much as it is a toxic person
11/13/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Bodywrecker
370 tank, guild leader of an 8/8H AOTC completed in September and I've successfully completed +8 M+ keys within the time-frame (I do them once a week for loot or 4 times for the weekly because M+'s are terrible "content") and apparently i have a raider i.o of 412.

[/quote]

I looked you up on raider.io. You've completed one single +8 key, and it wasn't chested. Majority of your completed keys are +5 or lower. That's why your score is 412. Don't come on here and lie/exaggerate, it's super easy to find you out.
11/13/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Bodywrecker
370 tank, guild leader of an 8/8H AOTC completed in September and I've successfully completed +8 M+ keys within the time-frame (I do them once a week for loot or 4 times for the weekly because M+'s are terrible "content") and apparently i have a raider i.o of 412.

Me: ?
Him: You have a terrible io
Me: You're determining my skill level from an add-on although I am AOTC with multiple heroic kills?
Him: yes, now f off scrub
ignored

Please remove this garbage from the game.

I'll be honest and say I use it for when I need to pug for Heroic Uldir just to see an individuals experience in both normal and heroic before deciding to invite the person, but I don't look at their score and tell them to F off.

If I've pretty much completed this patch's content other than Myhthic Uldir, so what in the actual !@#$ do people want for their groups?

sorry you can't come to my son's pool party because you're not Michael Phelps.

Edit: This thread only reinforces evidence the level of toxicity this add-on brings forth and I don't really want to feed trolls by responding.

So the only thing I'll say is that Raider io is not a determining factor of skill and never will. It creates a toxic atmosphere in custom queues that's unhealthy for the game.
It's not about entitlement or expectation. If you don't want an individual in your group, don't be immediately rude to that person with a condescending/belligerent response.

Edit 2:
The person who I'm referring to in the post, I was able to just search him and he actually has a lower i.o than me.
Toxicity is often also hypocrisy

370 is not a high ilvl.
You don't have a Deafening Crash piece.
No Blockades.
You're using Punish+BsC+Devastator+Heavy Repercussions, instead of ItF+Unstoppable Force, Booming Voice, and Anger Management

You deserve to get denied. You're part of the reason prot warriors have such a terrible reputation right now.
Honestly if I had to pug fill a +10 I wouldn't take someone who hasn't timered anything over a +6 either. I have 8/8 H behind me too -- it doesn't mean you know how to handle a fort + teeming with multiple mobs that have oneshot mechanics. Turns out different content requires different expertise, and AOTC doesn't show the leader you know the one he's actually looking for.

I'd be sympathetic to the leaderboard size maybe not having caught anything you have done over that, but Turalyon is even smaller than my server so...
11/13/2018 04:59 PMPosted by Baomin
I looked you up on raider.io. You've completed one single +8 key, and it wasn't chested. Majority of your completed keys are +5 or lower. That's why your score is 412. Don't come on here and lie/exaggerate, it's super easy to find you out.

If he's so willing to lie about things that are easily searchable, makes you wonder what else he's lying about. He might be withholding information about the interaction with that particular toxic player. Maybe there was no interaction at all and he made it up as an excuse to complain about R.IO.
11/13/2018 04:52 PMPosted by Bodywrecker
11/13/2018 04:47 PMPosted by Aled
Yeah, I don't know what you think that means, but when you send it to someone who just declined you that is, in fact, the start of an argument.

You aren't owed a group, and you definitely aren't owed an explanation for why you didn't get a group.

Nobody said anybody owed me anything. It's generally a nice thing to at least say "Sorry, I've had bad luck with lower raid i.o players and I want to keep around my score" or something along those lines.

Instead you're defending someone who was a belligerent !@# who tells people to F OFF, and even after looking him up, I was actually higher I.o than him. So he was also being a massive hypocrite.

Take your ego and shove it, child.

Edit: If a ? triggers you to the edge of your seat, hot headed and fingers on fire ready to type something hateful to someone you don't know, you're likely the problem.

This isn't really building your case, here. Remember that we have nobody's word to go on but your own that the discussion went as you said, and even that doesn't paint you in a particularly favorable light.

Now we have additional evidence about the way you conduct yourself, and it ain't pretty.
11/13/2018 05:03 PMPosted by Whiskeyjack
11/13/2018 04:59 PMPosted by Baomin

If he's so willing to lie about things that are easily searchable, makes you wonder what else he's lying about. He might be withholding information about the interaction with that particular toxic player. Maybe there was no interaction at all and he made it up as an excuse to complain about R.IO.

Raider I.O isn't accurate. It says I haven't done a single timed mythic+ waycrest but I absolutely do remember doing them. More than a couple in fact!
11/13/2018 05:04 PMPosted by Kalorea
11/13/2018 05:03 PMPosted by Whiskeyjack

Raider I.O isn't accurate. It says I haven't done a single timed mythic+ waycrest but I absolutely do remember doing them. More than a couple in fact!

You have to do them better than the other people on your server before the queue fills up. Which means people better than you, did them faster than you, at a higher level than you and filled the top 500 spots for that dungeon. That's how raider.io works.
M+ is a completely different beast compared to raiding. I know a lot of high end raiders that are complete garbage at M+'s, and I know a lot of people that push high end keys who aren't good at M+

If you don't run keys often enough you aren't going to know base mechanics. You might also just not be good at them (like me). IO helps weed out those potentially bad players, especially considering how easy it is right now to have a much higher ilvl with little to no experience.

Additionally, I just want to say, your raiding achievements do not translate to dungeons. It would be like having someone with a 2.4k arena rating expecting to just waltz into Mythic raids. While I don't doubt their skills and abilities at all, they wouldn't have the raiding experience and might struggle.
11/13/2018 05:05 PMPosted by Baomin
<span class="truncated">...</span>

You have to do them better than the other people on your server before the queue fills up. Which means people better than you, did them faster than you, at a higher level than you and filled the top 500 spots for that dungeon. That's how raider.io works.

And that is why raider.io is flawed people aren't being credited for their achievements according to their skill. Only people on the leader board get credited.

People like me that run mythic+ once a week for the chest and are making time aren't being shown they did the work. It's incredibly flawed.
11/13/2018 04:31 PMPosted by Bodywrecker
I'm an iLevel 370 Prot warrior that started playing in 2006 and started raiding somewhere around 2007 and starting "hardcore raiding" between late LK to mid Cataclysm, then I got a little bit older and had to find myself as a working adult.

If you're so skilled, why is your raider.io score so low?

Seems like that addon is doing its job.