Luck Based Gearing

Arenas
I am just wondering why blizzard would change to a looting system that is based on rng rather than everyone at a even playing field. For example, back in Wod, Mop, Cata, and Wrath when you had a conquest cap and if you were a certain rating, you had a certain amount of conquest each week. Everyone would be able to buy a piece of gear best suited towards them. Regardless as to what piece it was, and typically what stats they had. Which added an extra element of skill and allowed everyone to gear best in slot stats. Instead now, you randomly get gear, with random ilvl, sockets, and stats. It just seems ridiculous to me that if you get lucky with gear, you are at an advantage to someone that gets bad drops. It should not be like that in pvp, but it is. I am just genuinely puzzled why they would go from a system that worked well for multiple expansions to this luck based system where people are constantly at different levels of gearing unless you want to sacrifice your stats for ilvl. Which is not usually the case...

At least they're making Azerite easier to get next patch bc this one enveloping mist trait is SMH.
They simply just want people to stay subbed longer. So the less people can target gear, the longer they have to spend playing and hoping to get the gear they need.
Got my 3rd 370 weapon in a row on my druid while still using several 355’s. It’s like opening socks on Christmas morning when you wanted a Nintendo 64.
11/14/2018 07:22 AMPosted by Miråna
Got my 3rd 370 weapon in a row on my druid while still using several 355’s. It’s like opening socks on Christmas morning when you wanted a Nintendo 64.

Wouldnt it be like opening a nintendo 64 for your birthday when you already have a nintendo 64 then opening another one again the next christmas?
More play time means more money for actibli$$ard.
Greed.
11/14/2018 07:24 AMPosted by Kallie
11/14/2018 07:22 AMPosted by Miråna

Wouldnt it be like opening a nintendo 64 for your birthday when you already have a nintendo 64 then opening another one again the next christmas?

Yes all while your parents are telling you that if you keep doing well in school you will eventually get what you want.
11/14/2018 09:23 AMPosted by Orphanchild
11/14/2018 07:24 AMPosted by Kallie

Yes all while your parents are telling you that if you keep doing well in school you will eventually get what you want.

And then your neighbors parents bought him a n64 also but his somehow became a PS4 while it was in the box and no one can explain it. He’s excited for a second but then realizes the power cords been cut already and the year is 1998 so he can’t get a replacement
11/14/2018 09:26 AMPosted by Yatogami
<span class="truncated">...</span>

And then your neighbors parents bought him a n64 also but his somehow became a PS4 while it was in the box and no one can explain it. He’s excited for a second but then realizes the power cords been cut already and the year is 1998 so he can’t get a replacement

Meanwhile the neighborhood piece of !@#$ down the block opens his wrapped lump of coal only to have it titan-forge into a Xbox One X with an extra remote, Black Ops 4, and a Sennheiser headset.