Pandaria new character intro question

Story Forum
I'd been gone for some time (years) before coming back around Legion. I made a new Pandaren and had some questions when you make a new one, the intro to be exact. The narrator states "Pandaria has grown colder... " Something along those lines anyway. And so I am wondering was it always like that or has something changed since the end of the MoP expansion? I just simply cannot remember because I left before the expac ended.
Are you sure you are not misremembering things. I can't check right now but I remember the intro talking not about Pandaria but the turtle you are on going into colder waters. Which I took as moving near Northrend.
It's growing cold because the island is critically wounded by the crashed Alliance airship. Either it's wandering farther north due to delirium, or it's life/magic is fading due to bloodloss and it's becoming colder.

The intro:
https://youtu.be/jdfAxWQqB9o?t=20
AH, ok. It's been awhile. So happy turtle grandfather is happy and swimming and all is fine and great... ? I thought maybe the intro would have changed since the Siege. Silly me. LoL Thank you
11/14/2018 08:27 AMPosted by Yelisa
AH, ok. It's been awhile. So happy turtle grandfather is happy and swimming and all is fine and great... ? I thought maybe the intro would have changed since the Siege. Silly me. LoL Thank you
Yeah, by the end of the Panda start zone, the island is happy and healthy again.

Also, in Legion, the Wandering Isle is the Monk Class Hall, and there are lots of 110 adventures all over it.
Good to know. This is my first monk AND Pandaren (one I haven't deleted yet anyway). I'm excited to get to the upper echelon in levels. He's only 41 atm. Lots of story to go through still. Crazy, I've been playing since BC and when the game was a CD Rom and I am totally lost since Pandaria expac. =/ WoD... still don't understand that all the way.

Ok this helps a bit. I just thought since Garrosh's misdeeds and the corruption that took place in a Vale had somewhat set things in place that it wasn't completely liveable anymore.
11/14/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Yelisa
Ok this helps a bit. I just thought since Garrosh's misdeeds and the corruption that took place in a Vale had somewhat set things in place that it wasn't completely liveable anymore.
The Vale on Pandaria was 90% destroyed, but at the end of that raid, it was shown that it's healing rapidly. You have a finale quest to plant a tree in the middle of the "dead" zone, and it grows and pushes back the Sha immediately.
11/14/2018 08:12 AMPosted by Hahahahahaha
It's growing cold because the island is critically wounded by the crashed Alliance airship. Either it's wandering farther north due to delirium, or it's life/magic is fading due to bloodloss and it's becoming colder.

The intro:
https://youtu.be/jdfAxWQqB9o?t=20
The weather on Shen-zin Su is regulated by four Pandarian elemental spirits (otherwise the weather would change rapidly as the turtle moves through the ocean), which is why you need to summon and gather them at the Temple of Five Dawns. They're the first indicator that something is awry.