Time walking BC is not scaled correctly

General Discussion
trying to post on this player https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/mannoroth/Tutz keeps switching to alts

was just in a slave pens, where obviously the tank left. two naga guards at the entrance to a hall way where first boss is to the right when you get to the end

so we i start the attack against two naga trash mobs, i'm losing HP in 20-30% chunks, having to blow CDs, 2 of the other players losing massive HP, healer is healing but TWO mobs are pulling over the top damage, i died, DPS died, and long story short. Elvis left the building

i have done many TW on this player in the past, BC included as low as level 75 tanking. scaling imo is off
Well obviously slave pens has to be difficult for you to get through. You're level 19 mage. Silly mage.
they may be overtuned but they are completely doable.

You can CC just about every single mob. You should be blowing defensive's on trash pulls, not bosses.

I tanked that last night with little to no problems. 3
Yeah i'm skipping out of TW this week personally because the reward just sucks
I had a ton of fun with the BC dungeons just now. Did I wipe? Yeah on one dungeon it was a huge wipe fest at the start lol. It's been years since I've done them so could not remember everything. In all though blew through all but 1 one of them. I would just leave them as is. Learn to CC. I took time to root stuff and even after a little bit my dps got the idea and would CC something else.
I didn’t really have any problems on my newly geared prot warrior in Slave Pens, to that extent.

There are some things I think are tuned incorrectly. Second boss of Black Morass. A number of the trash pulls in Arcatraz. The stalkers in Mana Tomb.

There are lot of indispellable loss of control effects in all the dungeons that can wipe a poorly positioned group.

Overall, I didn’t have a lot of issues but it is unforgiving for players who don’t know what they’re doing.
Seems that all of the time walkers have had to be fixed a couple of days after going live because they were not tuned properly (shocker). Every last group of them so far has had a least one or two dungeons nerfed due to lack of testing/QA/etc.
DOmt tell me le,mme guess; you went in all hawt ready totally forgetting youre not 120level and allOP and got owned.
It's definitely a lot more grinding.
I think it's half the issue.
The other half is the stat squish messing up mobs HP and damage game wide, years of class pruning attacks, utility and buffs that existed during the content's time. And, yes... people used to facerolling their keyboard for a treat pellet.
Every time someone broke a CC on a specific mob and we wipe, I die a little inside. It's all come to a head.
I find it interesting that it’s almost heresy in WoW to suggest that things might be over-tuned.
11/14/2018 09:12 AMPosted by Illionus
I had a ton of fun with the BC dungeons just now. Did I wipe? Yeah on one dungeon it was a huge wipe fest at the start lol. It's been years since I've done them so could not remember everything. In all though blew through all but 1 one of them. I would just leave them as is. Learn to CC. I took time to root stuff and even after a little bit my dps got the idea and would CC something else.

How is having to hit things so many times fun ? I did shattered halls and that was just tedious. There is no challenge to these, it is just hit things 20 times and they finally die - how is that fun ?
11/14/2018 10:16 AMPosted by Zeropointt
I find it interesting that it’s almost heresy in WoW to suggest that things might be over-tuned.

It's just too easy of an out for people that don't want to CC/use their abilities properly and so it is met with resistance.
The first Defender pack? Funny -- I got feared into them right before the Champion from the previous pack went down and ended up tanking them along with most of the other pull. Defensives happened, that's what they're there for, pull went down.

Bears are the squishy tank right now.

You probably felt like you were going down quicker because the Defenders put up spell reflect and your DPS started pyroblasting themselves, splitting the healer's attention because he thought they were getting chunked by something other than their own dumb !@#.

So far Arcatraz is the only one that felt a bit off (single mobs twoshotting a 16k tank with 8k x2 autoattacks through defensives is...yeah). But all the others have been fine. Only one we bothered to use CC it wasn't necessary. Even Magister's Terrace was just a zergfest, and good luck trying that during BC release.
11/14/2018 09:09 AMPosted by Fendris
Yeah i'm skipping out of TW this week personally because the reward just sucks

Timewalking use to give bonus roll coins as a reward too...
Blizzard wanted to decrease the amount of coins you get per week as well as the cap and sources...

Maybe they'll start selling bonus roll coins in the cash shop in the next expansion /s
Glaives and legion legendaries work during the raid btw.
I didn't have any issue in my TWing on my war alt tanking anything. I just barreled through and didn't use any CC.

As long as I only pulled 1 pack at a time, and I was careful of positioning (fear is stupid), I didn't have any issue.

Yes, I had to use my bigger CDs more often, but I was fine with that.

More like they just refuse to care enough to make sure things work properly especially If it takes work.
They are surely over tuned but not only that, class scaling is terrible. I could keep every tank up even on facepulls no problem on my mw monk. Priest, not even in the same ball park in terms of through put.
11/14/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Therric

It's just too easy of an out for people that don't want to CC/use their abilities properly and so it is met with resistance.

Or, things are over tuned which BC TW certainly is. We had the same problems the first set of TW in legion. My tuure procced would do the same damage as max level and melt bosses. These clearly weren't tested internally.