Time walking BC is not scaled correctly

General Discussion
It's always scaled terribly for healers. Spamming heals does almost nothing to health bars so if you over pull mobs you will wipe.
You got to use your mitigation and cds
You can't pull rush it like the tw of yesteryear

Don't pull too much just to save time. That walk back is not worth it
Some of the mobs do seem to be hitting way harder than they should.
Youse don't get it... timewalking is a gold sink... they do NOT want anyone to really be able to buy game time tokens, so ya spend a ton of gold in repairs doing TW.
I know we cant pull trash from boss to boss anymore, but 2 mobs...come on, does anyone really pull 1 mob at a time?
11/14/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Ahndrumon
I know we cant pull trash from boss to boss anymore, but 2 mobs...come on, does anyone really pull 1 mob at a time?

The middle-aged people who remember VaNilLA love this. It reminds them of a happier time when everyone had to coordinate some crowd control spell and spend an hour or two in a dungeon.

Sadly, 12 years have passed and no one has the patience to coordinate anything. This means timewalking dungeons are a complete cluster most of the time.
11/14/2018 12:27 PMPosted by Stench
11/14/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Ahndrumon

The middle-aged people who remember VaNilLA love this. It reminds them of a happier time when everyone had to coordinate some crowd control spell and spend an hour or two in a dungeon.

Sadly, 12 years have passed and no one has the patience to coordinate anything. This means timewalking dungeons are a complete cluster most of the time.

Nope. Don't blame older people, I'm 54 and I don't want to take an hour to clear a dungeon that I already cleared many times. I don't mind a challenge but I want to get the weekly reward done in just a couple hours and be done with it. I'm ok with 30 min runs. Trash shouldn't be the stars of the dungeons, but that's where we're at.
Tell the dps not to attack when spells are being reflected back at them.
Was doing some of them last night. I didn't understand the scaling.

There was a level 120 warrior there, with only 4k hp. Their gear was 370+? They kept dying because they had literally half the hp, I the healer had.

Turns out their gear was broken... but they queued anyway?
11/14/2018 12:27 PMPosted by Stench

This guy freaking gets it.

OP TLDR; "boo hoo, I can't chain pull and faceroll my way through an instance."

Welcome to WoW pre-WoD.
Did one last night, Magister's Terrace and it did seem to take forever to kill packs of trash. Ugh.
People who defend this company and they way they do things make me wonder. Why? Why are they so disparately trying to defend just awful job performance. It very strange and puzzling to me. Its very weird and very different from normal american. Very fascinating.

A not so famous american said this:
"Americans don't just complain about the U.S.A. Not by a long shot! We complain about other countries, about our jobs, our bosses and colleagues, our families, our lives, and certainly about ourselves.

Why? As others have said, one reason is that we can. In our culture, it's accepted. In fact, complaining about things is an American pastime that goes back to the days before the nation was founded.

Back in the day, Americans and pre-Americans had a style of complaint with a capital ‘C’ in the jeremiad, which has a rich history. However, it was with the indictments of the Declaration of Independence that the American penchant for voicing discontent led us, by the light of the stars, to a world that would be forever changed.

The thing is, complaining isn't denying. It doesn't mean refusing to accept reality. It doesn't mean sticking our heads in the sand. Rather, we complain precisely because we see how things are and because we can envision a better way. Although it may not always be obvious to outsiders, there's an optimism that runs deep in American culture which gives the truest context to our complaints. Americans believe in giving voice to the potential for progress—no matter how trivial the matter."
11/14/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Therric
11/14/2018 10:16 AMPosted by Zeropointt
I find it interesting that it’s almost heresy in WoW to suggest that things might be over-tuned.

It's just too easy of an out for people that don't want to CC/use their abilities properly and so it is met with resistance.

Refusing to consider that something might have gotten broken in a patch is the "easy out". It's much easier to wave your arms and yell "git gud" than read actual specifics of what is different than before and why it might be an issue for at least some of the players involved.
are people trying to facepull or are they CCing the mobs like you had to back in the day?
<span class="truncated">...</span>
It's just too easy of an out for people that don't want to CC/use their abilities properly and so it is met with resistance.

Refusing to consider that something might have gotten broken in a patch is the "easy out". It's much easier to wave your arms and yell "git gud" than read actual specifics of what is different than before and why it might be an issue for at least some of the players involved.

I remember far too well what BC heroics were like -- it was where I learned how to not suck. Despite a few weird outlier mobs like the eredar in Arcatraz who are probably hitting harder than intended, this is in fact far easier than they were back then.

Even post-pruning we have SO many more tools than we did back then. An AOE stun basically breaks Magister's Terrace wide open, and CC isn't even strictly necessary anymore because we have so much more AOE threat and live control it isn't even funny. To say nothing of the multiple defensives where tanks previously had one (maybe two) on a 30min cooldown, almost all tanks having the ability to just snare and kite for a bit if they get in trouble (previously impossible), and almost all DPS classes being able to self-heal small splash damage.

Git gud. These were issues for ALL players involved 10 years ago, and we stepped up with far less available.
why are people defending this ? when timewalking was first introduced it was faceroll could get a toon done in an hour or so. It was supposed to be a trip down memory lane not WORSE feeling than when it was current, and yes I did my share of BC heroics and they were never this hard, mobs died faster, healers didnt go oom on a 2 mob pull. ever since the Item Level scaling all of timewalking has been thrown off. Its not meant to be LIKE IT WAS, its just meant to be some different dungeons to offer some old school mog items that could be an upgrade for an alt n what not.
11/14/2018 10:26 AMPosted by Amine
11/14/2018 09:12 AMPosted by Illionus
I had a ton of fun with the BC dungeons just now. Did I wipe? Yeah on one dungeon it was a huge wipe fest at the start lol. It's been years since I've done them so could not remember everything. In all though blew through all but 1 one of them. I would just leave them as is. Learn to CC. I took time to root stuff and even after a little bit my dps got the idea and would CC something else.

How is having to hit things so many times fun ? I did shattered halls and that was just tedious. There is no challenge to these, it is just hit things 20 times and they finally die - how is that fun ?

And one shotting is fun?
Did Shattered Halls on my daughters rogue account. It was a bit rough clearing and I dont know if I have it in me to do 4 more. She did get infinite timereaver mount from 2nd boss though, heh.
Stalkers in mana tombs.everything was smooth but those guys melted my prot pallies face. All cooldowns just to scrape by enough so that when I died it was long enough that ranged was able to kill them off before they reached them.