Primal Elementalist Macro Question

Shaman
I am looking for a macro to disable my Earth Elemental's Angered Earth.

Originally I had thought to just right click and leave it off... but then my Fire Elemental's main dps spell, Fire Blast, becomes disabled! What an awkward system... It would be nice if we could move the spells around on that bar, but alas we cannot. So, my next best solution is, as I said in my opening statement, I need a macro to disable the autocast on Angered Earth, while then also creating a macro to enable the autocast on Fire Blast which I can spam every time I summon each elemental... I don't wish to worry about the consequences of summoning my earth elemental while dpsing a boss like Vectis and messing up the positioning of the adds.

I have found and tried the following:
/petautocaston
/petautocastoff
/petautocasttoggle

However, none of them appear to work for the elementals. Whether that's because they aren't considered "pets" or some other reason I can't think of, it doesn't seem to function when I use those macros. If anybody has a solution that works, I (and my guild...) would be grateful for your expertise! :)

Thank you.
11/14/2018 11:13 AMPosted by Ruthê
I am looking for a macro to disable my Earth Elemental's Angered Earth.

Originally I had thought to just right click and leave it off... but then my Fire Elemental's main dps spell, Fire Blast, becomes disabled! What an awkward system... It would be nice if we could move the spells around on that bar, but alas we cannot. So, my next best solution is, as I said in my opening statement, I need a macro to disable the autocast on Angered Earth, while then also creating a macro to enable the autocast on Fire Blast which I can spam every time I summon each elemental... I don't wish to worry about the consequences of summoning my earth elemental while dpsing a boss like Vectis and messing up the positioning of the adds.

I have found and tried the following:
/petautocaston
/petautocastoff
/petautocasttoggle

However, none of them appear to work for the elementals. Whether that's because they aren't considered "pets" or some other reason I can't think of, it doesn't seem to function when I use those macros. If anybody has a solution that works, I (and my guild...) would be grateful for your expertise! :)

Thank you.

The spells for elementals aren't in the spell book, so the /petautocast function does not work. The following information is copied and pasted from a pin in the elemental shaman discord channel (which can be accessed at https://discord.gg/earthshrine ).

From the discord:
"/click BT4PetButton5 RightButton down
this line just activates a right click from your mouse on the targeted button
there may be a macro option to check the state of the autocast on it
Primal Elementalist autocast toggle on/off macros

Since primal elementalist pet abilities are not in the spellbook, /petautocastoff does not work. This is a workaround for now. These can be used to stop your earth elemental from auto stunning, and your fire elemental to start auto using Immolate.

You will need to use /fstack (explained below) to get the name of the ability button you want to toggle autocast on/off for.

Replace 'BT4PetButton5' with the name of the button you wish to target

#showtooltip
/cast Earth Elemental
/click BT4PetButton5 RightButton down

This macro requires two button presses, and will summon your Earth Elemental on the first press, and stop your Earth Elemental from autocasting the button you have put in on the second, or you can macro

/click BT4PetButton5 RightButton down

on it's own to toggle an ability whilst your elemental is summoned.

Using /fstack

Hover your mouse cursor over the button you wish the find the name of, and type /fstack in your chat box - you'll see a green overlay above anything your cursor is over and somewhere on your screen you'll see this (https://i.imgur.com/oknkGjS.jpg), look for the button name on here (highlighted) and replace it in the macro as needed."
Thank you so very much for your detailed response. I will take a closer look at this and see if I can implement something. I'm not the biggest fan of macros that require a precise number of taps on the bind in order to work effectively, but I still appreciate the reference. I will take a look at possibly joining the discord channel as well.

Thank you once again!
It will more than likely have to be a

/script

Macro. I am not sure it can be done. I will tinker and see
or you can just do /cast fire blast or what ever the spell name is the pet uses you want to cast
11/14/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Nerfmyburst
or you can just do /cast fire blast or what ever the spell name is the pet uses you want to cast

The issue is that :

#showtooltip
/cast Fire Elemental
/cast fire blast

Does not turn on fire blast into auto cast mode. It will cast it once, and stop. Works fine for meteor, just not the standard attack.
I messed around a bit, someone with better macro knowledge may be able to do better...but the best I could do is a 2 click macro:

#showtooltip
/cast Fire Elemental
/click PetActionButton4 RightButton down

First time you press the macro, Fire Ele is summoned. Second time it looks like the Fire Blast is rotated on/off. This applies to Earth ele as well.