Satisfying end for both factions

Story Forum
I joined the Horde in vanilla because we were Green-Jesus' underdogs. We just wanted to live. The Alliance would have none of it. Sure we weren't perfect but it was reasonable. To return to that would be something I think most REASONABLE Horde players could enjoy.

I assume Alliance players want to be classic heroes. I don't mean that to be cutting in anyway, apart from Night Elves it just seems to be the vision. I believe this will work for them as well.

The Alliance wins the war and deposes the Warchief. They occupy Org but the TB still stands, as well as Zandalar and maybe SMC. Orcish peoples are allowed to live under the rule of the 'benevolent' Alliance. Perhaps Night Elves control the city and they do no kindness to the residents. The Horde is 'officially' disbanded.

The Horde operates underground within Org. Eventually a resistance takes Org back at then end of 9.6 or something, maybe even 10.1.

The Horde gets to be honorable underdogs again. The Alliance gets revenge for awhile. Sylvanas fanboys ragequit. The world (of warcraft) is a little bit better.
This was a rollercoaster the whole way through.
...this is what I shouldve expected.
This will satisfy absolutely no one.
- Written by C.S Goto.
Do we want to be underdogs? I don't personally care about the honor aspect of it, but I know quite a few do, so to each their own. But I'd rather be in a powerful faction, than a weak, albeit 'scrappy' one.
As boring as it is, I think the next step for the story post war is both factions having a proper sit down and discussing reparations. The Night Elves especially are owed a considerable due and half assing it won't be enough this time.
11/14/2018 09:57 PMPosted by Galenar
As boring as it is, I think the next step for the story post war is both factions having a proper sit down and discussing reparations. The Night Elves especially are owed a considerable due and half assing it won't be enough this time.

oh yeah that will be real fun. nah there should be intolerance and more fighting. Preferably the alliance getting racist against Horde races.
I really doubt that 100% of the OG horde fans are die-hard Thrall loyalists. I mean, yeah I like thrall and thralls horde, but I always thought he was a more peaceful version of Doomhammers horde. But Sylvanas and the forsaken, hell even the darker side of the orcish horde have always been a part of the horde. Guldan lost control of the horde when Doomhammer took over, but he still lived and provided him with death knights.

I dislike the idea of half of the identity of the horde being erased.
What worries me is what they're doing in BFA is going to continue another expansion or worse start another set of drama that we got in BFA. I don't think I can continue this game into another expanison and if it just brings the same mess we got in BFA I may consider leaving earlier than I intended.

Unless the next expansion is...

World of Warcraft: Chromie and Her Homies Strike Back
Never saw the Alliance as the “classic heroes”. If anything, Lord of the Clans and Warcraft 3 showed us all that the Alliance races are super flawed. Humans in particular. They (we) are greedy, vindictive, and ultimately self centred.

What makes the Alliance good is that they overcome their flaws (sometimes) to live up to their ideals. You have a leader or two who pull people together and remind them of what they could be.

If anything, the Alliance should be more fractious than the horde. But when push comes to shove, they come together to fight the good fight
11/14/2018 10:00 PMPosted by Blightflame
oh yeah that will be real fun. nah there should be intolerance and more fighting. Preferably the alliance getting racist against Horde races.

I'm just basing this on the idea that the war will end. Frankly I don't think the NE will ever forgive the Horde for being complicit in Sylvanas' genocide regardless of what happens but Blizzard will probably force a peace somehow.
I see people on these forums bash people so often for being "Sylvanas fan bois," but nothing is said with the just as disillusioned NE fans who cry foul at anything that happens to the race.

"NE fan bois" or right up their with "Sylvanas fan bois" you people will never be satisfied with anything Blizzard will do. Of course if there is no more faction conflict everyone will be be at peace. No nothing will probably be done further with them in fact the NEs and the Horde will shout for Kalimdor as one when they take down Sylvanas.
11/15/2018 12:23 AMPosted by Arazlok
disillusioned NE fans who cry foul at anything that happens to the race.

You're right, having your race experience a horrific genocidal act in game is something so silly to cry foul over.
"NE fan bois" or right up their with "Sylvanas fan bois" you people will never be satisfied with anything Blizzard will do.

I was pretty happy with Darkshore 2.0 so you're already wrong. At the very least it's a good start. I'm curious to see where they go with the "Anduin releasing the mastermind behind Teldrassil" thing. Blizzard have a real opportunity to have some actual exciting conflict in the Alliance and I hope they don't throw it away.
11/15/2018 01:52 AMPosted by Savanovic

You're right, having your race experience a horrific genocidal act in game is something so silly to cry foul over.

Wow you guys never seem to be able to separate the fact this is a game from reality.

Night Elf fans do have a rather large tendency to be over dramatic., yes the war of the thorns was terrible, but not every bit of lore that happens to someone else is anti-nelf. I remind you the night elves had multiple zones in Legion, and that's not counting Surumar. You had an entire Raid Tier Dedicated to fighting one of your villains. Now your getting more night elf stuff in Darkshore, stuff that blizzard has been changing to fix your complaints.

Do bad things happen to night elves ingame? Yes, but you guys need to stop crying foul anything that doesn't benefit them when you get more love then most races in the game. Only Humans and blood elves really get treated better then you, Maybe Undead because of warchief sylvanas (Though i 100% am expecting a fall) and Draenei, but this is the first time trolls have been relevant for something other then dungeon fodder, the orcs got treated far worse in Warlords then you are being treated now, Dwarves, Tauren, Goblins, Worgen and Gnomes have yet to have a narrative impact outside of their major characters.

Yes war of the thorns is terrible, but literally the entire horde questing experience was Failure to complete our one goal, your getting malfurion and tyrande doing stuff and killing people, you are fighting alongside all your notable heroes.

You guys are so focused on this imaginary bias against night elves you can not find fun in the night elven story. You can't find moments like competent malfurion and elune actually doing !@#$ as fun because you have an imaginary tally in your head.
There is no satisfying end to BFA. because that would require bolth sides being equal. Good vs Evil will never be Equal or Fair for either side.
11/14/2018 08:28 PMPosted by Rorty
The Alliance wins the war and deposes the Warchief. They occupy Org but the TB still stands, as well as Zandalar and maybe SMC. Orcish peoples are allowed to live under the rule of the 'benevolent' Alliance. Perhaps Night Elves control the city and they do no kindness to the residents. The Horde is 'officially' disbanded.

jesus that would be like sylvanas winning the war, forcing anduin to kneel,turn stormwind and kultiras into mindless undead,killing and turning jaina to undead or worse, with the collective heads of the alliance leaders in a pike or their impaled bodies to display in stormwind harbor.

you are a savage dude.
11/15/2018 01:52 AMPosted by Savanovic

It isn't silly if you're crying foul at the writers. There's a problem if you're crying foul at other players, who don't actually control anything.