Stat Templates

Battlegrounds
So why did Blizzard remove the best-to-date PvP-tuning tool they have ever created and implemented in the history of this game? Was Holinka feeling out-classed as a PvP designer upon returning to the team? Were players having too much fun winning matches with skill over gear? Did Blizzard feel the need to increase time played metrics by forcing PvPers to raid Mythic and farm Mythic+ for specific Azerite traits and trinkets? What is the reason or what are the reasons for Blizzard effectively ruining PvP when just a few months ago it was near perfect and the most balanced it has ever been???
Cause it eliminated a lot of fun that you can have with secondary stats and trinkets.
11/14/2018 09:06 PMPosted by Jorgennson
So why did Blizzard remove the best-to-date PvP-tuning tool they have ever created and implemented in the history of this game? Was Holinka feeling out-classed as a PvP designer upon returning to the team? Were players having too much fun winning matches with skill over gear? Did Blizzard feel the need to increase time played metrics by forcing PvPers to raid Mythic and farm Mythic+ for specific Azerite traits and trinkets? What is the reason or what are the reasons for Blizzard effectively ruining PvP when just a few months ago it was near perfect and the most balanced it has ever been???

Was a lot better matches when these were in place. People like customization more I guess.
11/14/2018 09:17 PMPosted by Jugajr
Was a lot better matches when these were in place. People like customization more I guess.
Somthing about stacking 50 percent (with a trinket) mastery on my fury warrior just makes me happy.
Hmm, I am seeing people saying stuff like secondary stats don't really matter. I might be able to buy that. I think any "feelings of being overpowered" are more related to class design/talents/procs combined with design/procs of azerite traits and trinkets (to emphasize, this latter part is definitely gear-related).
It was good and bad.. it was great for balance.... but players had no choice over how they geared thier character, so many didn't like it.. It took away some of their choice.

As much as I loved it I can understand why a player who played their character one way because he was built around crit.. now found it work differently because blizz's stat template didn't give them as much of a particulat stat as they were used too..
Seems kind of pointless to be honest, most of the time you're going to pick the highest ilvl item due to primary stats, unless azerite trait over rules that. Without reforging, more enchant options, or vendors secondary stat "customization" seems all but useless. I have yet to see any guides mentioning the case of stacking alternative secondaries to achieve different playstyles under the same build, maybe there are for some classes, most UH stack haste for ST, though I guess mastery could help some under high AoE situations.

I think it's made further useless by scaling on server side, because it's almost impossible to tell from the client side how theoretically stacking one stat or the other will help you, outside of perhaps haste. Probably the biggest travesty of gear disparity is the increased difficulty of maintaining alts (leading to burnout), further exasperated by lack of vendors. Any spell effects that don't directly increase damage power should be removed from gear, it just complicates balancing issues, something Blizzard did right in Legion but somehow forgot in BfA.