The Devs Anti-Vision for the Paladin Class

Paladin
The WoW devs do not have a vision what they want the Paladin Class to be. However, the WoW devs do have a vision for what they do not want the Paladin class to be.

• The Paladin shall no longer be a support class as almost all support abilities shall be removed from the Paladin class including seals, blessings, judgements and auras.
  • The Ret Paladin shall not be viable in PvP.
  • The Holy Paladin shall not be fun to play.
  • The Prot paladin shall not be a distinctly Paladin tank but shall be a generic holy warrior mana tank.
  • The Paladin class shall not have a distinct identity. The identity of the Paladin class shall be a weak warrior with a holy bolt-on.

Regardless of what the wow devs might say about the Paladin class in wow, the above list is what they did to the Paladin class. The wow devs vision for the paladin class is really an anti-vision not of what they want it to be but what they do not want it to be.
The dev team really need to go play guild wars 2, Guardian from that game plays like what a paladin is supposed to be in the warcraft lore(except for when they use range weapons). They fight on the front and healing those around them while doing so(symbols & mace weapon chain) , while being able to push those on the front to keep on going forward(using shouts like 'hold the line' breaking CC & giving regen), empowering themselves also empowers those fighting along side them(virtues for the default game), can leap into the middle of combat(using greatsword or teleport with 1h sword) and when their allies are in trouble they may instantly get their to heal them up(merciful intervention).

The only thing guardians cant do is tank, but its mainly due to how the game is designed without the whole taunt system; but they can dps & heal and while doing so is able to make their team stronger.
11/15/2018 03:49 AMPosted by Aahvay
The dev team really need to go play guild wars 2, Guardian from that game plays like what a paladin is supposed to be in the warcraft lore(except for when they use range weapons). They fight on the front and healing those around them while doing so(symbols & mace weapon chain) , while being able to push those on the front to keep on going forward(using shouts like 'hold the line' breaking CC & giving regen), empowering themselves also empowers those fighting along side them(virtues for the default game), can leap into the middle of combat(using greatsword or teleport with 1h sword) and when their allies are in trouble they may instantly get their to heal them up(merciful intervention).

The only thing guardians cant do is tank, but its mainly due to how the game is designed without the whole taunt system; but they can dps & heal and while doing so is able to make their team stronger.

Agreed, the GW2 guardian is more of a Paladin than the WoW Anti-Paladin.
Hopefully I don’t get ridiculed by saying this, I never liked being “ support dps” I picked the dps role to dps not to support.

However, other classes have hero bloodlust, raid buffs, off heal. Without sacrificing a lot of dps to do that.

I don’t see why we can be a straight dps class and still have auras or judgments or seals.

Agree with most everything else in your post. So good post
11/15/2018 05:46 AMPosted by Raynar
Hopefully I don’t get ridiculed by saying this, I never liked being “ support dps” I picked the dps role to dps not to support.

However, other classes have hero bloodlust, raid buffs, off heal. Without sacrificing a lot of dps to do that.

I don’t see why we can be a straight dps class and still have auras or judgments or seals.

Agree with most everything else in your post. So good post

The Paladin archetype has always been about supporting others though, even as a damage dealer.