Would Perma Water Walking Buff Really Be OP?

Shaman
Water walking is definitely nice quality of life while doing world stuff but the constantly having to reapply it after taking damage is very annoying. Would be nice quality of life if it wasn't lost on damage taken. I don't really see abuse potential. Not like we have a lot of other cool mobility things going for us so this would be nice.
I would just like to be able to cast it without dismounting, like the only other class with the buff.

Just be happy you don't need fish oil (or was it scales?) anymore. I had stacks of both for water walking, and water breathing.
I'd like it if they removed fall damage when landing on water when you have waterwalking on.

Frickin hate jumping off a hill into the ocean, taking damage, falling through the water surface and then having to rebuff and jump around like a spastic seal to get back onto the surface again.
10/08/2018 04:36 PMPosted by Cloudbash
jump around like a spastic seal

made me giggle
It could be considered too strong for pvp combat.

my dream would be to have it castable while mounted and not break if taking fall dmg or dmg from non players
Only thing it has going for it is that its spammable.

If you can time it right you can keep jumping and spamming it while ghost wolfing across water even while being attacked. I use that all the time to run from ganks.

And while you can't cast it while mounted, you CAN cast it while you are casting your mount. I have the two macro'd together so its always on when I mount up.

Ultimately though there are a lot of issues with the class right now and I hardly think a more powerful water walking is a good solution.
#showtooltip Ashes of Al'ar
/cast [@player, nomounted] Water Walking
/use Ashes of Al'ar

That's what I use, so it'll just cast before mounting. Water walking can be good to have keybound while getting ganked, though. You jump and cast, so you can run away on the water with dots.
10/09/2018 02:07 AMPosted by Mauldron
It could be considered too strong for pvp combat.

my dream would be to have it castable while mounted and not break if taking fall dmg or dmg from non players

I mean DH can just fly away if there is even moderate elevation. They don't fall to the death if hit while flying away do they? I think this would be a cool little pvp perk. Not like being around water when pvp breaks out is that common a thing.
Have it be removed by pvp damage and not pve. And castable while mounted.
10/09/2018 09:49 AMPosted by Purge
Have it be removed by pvp damage and not pve. And castable while mounted.

I think this would be nice compromise.
Thank you Blizz for allowing shamans to cast water walking and not take us out of ghost wolf. That is amazing.

Now let's fix the actual water walking part. It's not fun to jump 3-4 times before it takes effect (and my camera is not facing down).
Give us improved water walking so we can walk far out into the unknown waters and drown ourselves properly.
I'd like it if they removed fall damage when landing on water when you have waterwalking on.

Frickin hate jumping off a hill into the ocean, taking damage, falling through the water surface and then having to rebuff and jump around like a spastic seal to get back onto the surface again.
There was a glyph back in Wrath that let you fall farther before taking damage when you had Path of Frost active. Quality of life, my man.

While you're falling, if you're going to land on the water, use right click to angle your camera down and hold your forward key (like you're diving while swimming), you'll fall into the water and take no damage, just jump and you'll be back on the surface, Water Walking intact.