Lor'themar's New Model

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
10/09/2018 04:16 PMPosted by Mortis
10/09/2018 04:15 PMPosted by Daacey
The problem with this model, nice update as it is, is that he's lost all of the features that made him elven, IE a slim facial build that carries over in all of his art. He looks like a human with belf ears tacked on. Not sure I care much for this. :(

Also they're missing the eyepatch.

Are you sure this is him?

He is missing the eyepatch yet he's still missing the eye.

That's true.

Man, for as much as I've wanted a revamp of Silvermoon and its denizens, this update is a little disappointing. His facial features, his body type and everything about the character is well-documented. He's on the loading screen, for goodness sake. Not sure why they didn't bother to reference it.
This is great, I hope they end up updating Lady Liadrin aswell if possible.
he even has a human body model, compare it to Anduin's:

https://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2017/january/AnduinDisguised.jpg
Outfit looks alright but wtf is going on with his face and hair? I know it's a t-pose but sheesh. Why do they make him look like he's aged over 100 years since the beginning of BfA? Why does every male model of prominence in the game have to be body builder huge and with grizzled faces? :/ Only exception is really Anduin but even he's body builder huge now.
If you guys zoom in and look close enough on the new model, the bony facial structure that male Blood Elves already have is still there.
He just isn't as skinny as our current models
Looks badass. Bonus, even his hair is shocked he got a new model.
10/09/2018 04:25 PMPosted by Suneil
Why do they make him look like he's aged over 100 years since the beginning of BfA?

The story line must really be taking a toll on him, lol.
10/09/2018 04:25 PMPosted by Suneil
Why does every male model of prominence in the game have to be body builder huge and with grizzled faces?

This. I liked that his model was different in physique and facial structure from Genn, Turalyon, etc. Now he looks like he signed up for the same gym as them and joined their Sean Connery look-a-like classes.
for the moment dont see the eye

or get new gold eye color, or comeback to the blue

blue eye for the sindorei !!!!
lorthemar is the thug we need right now
He looks old af
10/09/2018 04:05 PMPosted by Mortis
https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/796437.jpg

Nice clothes, Lorthy!

Key logging website.
10/09/2018 04:36 PMPosted by Oceanfruit
He looks old af

He is kinda up there.
10/09/2018 04:05 PMPosted by Mortis
https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/796437.jpg

Nice clothes, Lorthy!

*Swoons*

10/09/2018 04:10 PMPosted by Dreadmoon
The ultimate silver fox!

/swoon

Take that Khadgar!!!
Pfft, Dadgar got nothing on this beautiful man.

I don't know about the clothes though. I like the design, but it doesn't make sense for someone that is aching to be in the battlefield to wear something so... constrictive.

10/09/2018 04:15 PMPosted by Daacey
The problem with this model, nice update as it is, is that he's lost all of the features that made him elven, IE a slim facial build that carries over in all of his art. He looks like a human with belf ears tacked on. Not sure I care much for this. :(
That's because, as I just told someone else, blood elves have always looked more like humans than humans in this game. Really beautiful humans.
zaddy
10/09/2018 04:08 PMPosted by Nocton
That model is the ugliest thing I have seen in a long time for this game.

Apparently Alliance dont have access to mirrors, as worgen by far are a blight upon thine eyes.
10/09/2018 04:07 PMPosted by Biamart
That's actually really nice, see that's how you get girls to play your game.

He looked 100x better before...
10/09/2018 04:08 PMPosted by Nocton
That model is the ugliest thing I have seen in a long time for this game.

you play a worgen?
I'll be honest, I'm not a fan.

The head sculpt is fine to me (Still have to add his eyepatch, though.), but the robes are goofy as hell. Sure, they may be fine for the leader of the Belves (They actually have a Kael'thas feel to them), but they're not fine for Lor'themar himself. The guy's a Farstrider. He seems to be the kind of guy who'd rather be wearing something more utilitarian than ceremonial. Think more Baine, Saurfang, Rokhan and Sylvanas (Leaders who wear more practical attire) instead of Thalyssra and Gallywix (More showy appearances). He's not a showy character. He's the kind of guy who'd rather be in the dirt with his troops than giving orders from safety. If you want to use this design, change the head and give it to Rommath. Not Lor'themar.

Does he need a new model? Definitely. Does he need this one? Not with those robes.

If you want to give him a new model, look at his current one or his BC one and go from there. Don't make him look like Kael'thas 2.0.
my only problem is his beard

blood elves have hair on their chins, not their cheeks/side of their mouth