Lor'themar's New Model

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
10/09/2018 04:47 PMPosted by Daanea
I'll be honest, I'm not a fan.

The head sculpt is fine to me (Still have to add his eyepatch, though.), but the robes are goofy as hell. Sure, they may be fine for the leader of the Belves (They actually have a Kael'thas feel to them), but they're not fine for Lor'themar himself. The guy's a Farstrider. He seems to be the kind of guy who'd rather be wearing something more utilitarian than ceremonial. Think more Baine, Saurfang, Rokhan and Sylvanas (Leaders who wear more practical attire) instead of Thalyssra and Gallywix (More showy appearances). He's not a showy character. He's the kind of guy who'd rather be in the dirt with his troops than giving orders from safety. If you want to use this design, change the head and give it to Rommath. Not Lor'themar.

Does he need a new model? Definitely. Does he need this one? Not with those robes.

If you want to give him a new model, look at his current one or his BC one and go from there. Don't make him look like Kael'thas 2.0.

I understand your points. But who knows? Maybe this is an unfinished product. I believe they still have time to add in improvements and adjustments.
10/09/2018 04:51 PMPosted by Camshow
10/09/2018 04:47 PMPosted by Daanea
I'll be honest, I'm not a fan.

The head sculpt is fine to me (Still have to add his eyepatch, though.), but the robes are goofy as hell. Sure, they may be fine for the leader of the Belves (They actually have a Kael'thas feel to them), but they're not fine for Lor'themar himself. The guy's a Farstrider. He seems to be the kind of guy who'd rather be wearing something more utilitarian than ceremonial. Think more Baine, Saurfang, Rokhan and Sylvanas (Leaders who wear more practical attire) instead of Thalyssra and Gallywix (More showy appearances). He's not a showy character. He's the kind of guy who'd rather be in the dirt with his troops than giving orders from safety. If you want to use this design, change the head and give it to Rommath. Not Lor'themar.

Does he need a new model? Definitely. Does he need this one? Not with those robes.

If you want to give him a new model, look at his current one or his BC one and go from there. Don't make him look like Kael'thas 2.0.

I understand your points. But who knows? Maybe this is an unfinished product. I believe they still have time to add in improvements and adjustments.

Remember when we all thought that they were going to go back and add the eye glow to Night Warrior Tyrande? Something tells me that this is the "finished" product.
I like it, looks bad AF
10/09/2018 04:15 PMPosted by Daacey
The problem with this model, nice update as it is, is that he's lost all of the features that made him elven, IE a slim facial build that carries over in all of his art. He looks like a human with belf ears tacked on. Not sure I care much for this. :(

Also they're missing the eyepatch.

Are you sure this is him?
Maybe they're ditching the eyepatch altogether to make him look more like the loading screen art for Eastern Kingdoms.
RIP Lor'themars eye patch
10/09/2018 05:07 PMPosted by Hawkéns
He hangs out with orcs and walking corpses, and now belf demon hunters. An empty socket isn't gonna creep anybody out.
10/09/2018 04:54 PMPosted by Daanea
10/09/2018 04:51 PMPosted by Camshow

Remember when we all thought that they were going to go back and add the eye glow to Night Warrior Tyrande? Something tells me that this is the "finished" product.

The difference is that this model is literally unfinished, as the ponytail isn't animated yet.
10/09/2018 05:12 PMPosted by Cantaloupe
10/09/2018 05:07 PMPosted by Hawkéns
He hangs out with orcs and walking corpses, and now belf demon hunters. An empty socket isn't gonna creep anybody out.

would be funny if he removed it based on a quest and handed it to the player as a reward....
10/09/2018 04:44 PMPosted by Mistblossom
10/09/2018 04:07 PMPosted by Biamart
That's actually really nice, see that's how you get girls to play your game.

He looked 100x better before...

I respect your opinion, but the normal blood elf male face looks like a doll and while dolls are pretty they are not attractive to me. He looks more like a real person or elf in the case, that definitely gets my attention.
He doesn't look like himself just like Jaina doesn't look like herself to me. The models themselves are ok looking but just seem more like new people altogether than just a graphic update. I liked Genn's update better.

Khadgar still reigns supreme as far as silver foxes go although Genn isn't far behind. I liked Lor'themar better when he looked more elven. This model is kinda meh. Maybe it will look better to me when it's done. I do love the clothes though.
Wait WHAT? that's Lor'themar? he looks sooooo old, I thought that was Anasterian.
Awww he's not pretty anymore :(
He looks way too human. Oh well, still love him
Firstly, if it IS Lor'themar, why is he wearing cloth robes? He is a warrior, he would be dressed in armor, not cloth.

Second, where is his eye patch?

Are we sure this is Lor'themar?
Um, did someone glue bunny ears on the Witcher or something?
His face is hideous, it's not even remotely elvish. It's like a Blizzcon cosplay.
10/09/2018 05:34 PMPosted by Reull
Firstly, if it IS Lor'themar, why is he wearing cloth robes? He is a warrior, he would be dressed in armor, not cloth.

Part of 8.1 is the Scenario where we go back and see the Scourge invade Silvermoon City.

This could be Lor'themar from that time.
10/09/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Adelphie
Um, did someone glue bunny ears on the Witcher or something?

/Glues bunny ears to Adelphie
10/09/2018 05:45 PMPosted by Infernastorm

Part of 8.1 is the Scenario where we go back and see the Scourge invade Silvermoon City.

Why does he look like an old man then? lol
10/09/2018 05:45 PMPosted by Infernastorm

No, this is clearly a new model for him. A past timeline model would be in ranger gear and he'd have both eyes still.
10/09/2018 05:48 PMPosted by Suneil
Why does he look like an old man then? lol

Mana, not even once.