Where is GoW?

Shaman
As I've played the Shaman since the start of BfA, I realized something.. we have no mobility.

Sure, we have a talent that lets us move -slightly- faster if we choose it; a 4% increase isn't the same as a 'get out of !@#$ button'.

Nearly all other classes have an ability that allows for them to quickly avoid a potential threat. Shaman used to, but that is no longer the case.

My question is this: Why?

Gust of Wind was limited, and had more pitfalls/potential to kill you than blink does (I say that as I mained a mage during all my time prior to playing Shaman). And Gust was only really safe to use on flat terrain, any sort of small object in the terrain could interfere.

It could only propel you forward, and had something like a 30 second cooldown. But it's supposedly takes away from the class fantasy of mages? Really? Only mages have their class fantasy lessened because of this? They clearly aren't the only ones who have an ability that not only provides mobility, but is also thematic in it's animation.

What the hell was the point of removing the Blink Glyph (allowing you to teleport in the direction you were running) only to put it back in after people complained?

Regardless if you do PVP or PVE, classes have a way of dealing with a potential hazard, most of which is giving them immediate avoidance. I know DK's have an ability that prevent them from being slowed down. It isn't quite the same as other classes, but it is similar in a sense. They are also able to take more damage.

Meanwhile, a ghost wolf can still be slowed so that 4% extra movement talent you took? It's %^-*, your movement can still be reduced by other spells/abilities. It can also be dispelled.

So what about our class fantasy? Why do Shamans not matter?

I've not seen anything about Gust of Wind returning, so if someone knows something I don't, please share. I'm simply frustrated that we (the shaman class) lost any real mobility at all.
see the other million threads on this, but to answer your question they want shaman to be a survivability class with low mobility. GoW is gone for good.
10/12/2018 03:30 PMPosted by Meadamemnon
see the other million threads on this, but to answer your question they want shaman to be a survivability class with low mobility. GoW is gone for good.

I personally haven't seen many posts on this particular thing, but I also don't frequent the forums either.

Giving us back Gust of Wind as it functioned previously wasn't exactly allowing us to be super mobile. A 30 second cooldown as opposed to other classes, where the cool downs are are faster still allows them to outpace shamans.
We were already low mobility even with Gust of Wind.

We now have no consistent way to 'get out of !@#$' like virtually other class. We simply pop ghost wolf and hope something doesn't also slow us down.

That's such a %^-*ty feeling. That's not fun game-play either..
it's really a shame, it was the best movement ability.
10/12/2018 03:41 PMPosted by Alyuzandro
it's really a shame, it was the best movement ability.

I don't know if I would call it the best, because it had chances to not work out favorably. Especially if you are out doing quests and such. Any slight incline or raised item (like a root or stone) could interfere can prevent you from traveling as far as the ability allowed.

And I was okay with that. Sure, it's a literal gust of wind pushing you forward, but that doesn't mean it's the same strength each time (kinda how I viewed it thematically )
You could use it to hop across environmental obstacles.
10/12/2018 04:33 PMPosted by Qec
You could use it to hop across environmental obstacles.

Like other classes can.

Your point? Those same classes still have those abilities.
No, I mean you could use it to jump places mages can't blink. It was very handy.
10/12/2018 04:53 PMPosted by Qec
No, I mean you could use it to jump places mages can't blink. It was very handy.

It didn't give you much vertical lift so no.. not really.

A mage could easily apply slow fall then blink or vice versa.

And goblin glider kits are also a thing now too
It was fun so it was taken away, such is life.
10/12/2018 03:30 PMPosted by Meadamemnon
they want shaman to be a survivability class

Shaman

Survivability class.

*guffaws heartily*
I think you got the wrong class mate
10/12/2018 05:14 PMPosted by Thunderçatz
It was fun so it was taken away, such is life.

Doesn't mean we can't try and change things.