Island Expeditions Schedule

BFA Dungeons, Island Expeditions, and Raids
As some players have noticed, we’ve been adding invasion-style events featuring new types of creatures to Island Expeditions every week. Aside from adding a little variety, these also give you a chance to earn different cosmetic rewards.

Here's a schedule for the remaining events which will be added each week over the next couple of months:
  • Week of October 9 (this week): Water Elementals
  • Week of October 16: Air Elementals
  • Week of October 23: Black Dragons
  • Week of October 30: Tol’vir
  • Week of November 6: Twilight Dragons
  • Week of November 13: Old Gods
Oh goody, more time gated cosmetic/pet rewards. Let me guess. These events drop items that will ONLY appear during these event essentially giving us only a couple opportunities a year to get them.
Nice to see a schedule, but it's still not clear to me what these "invasions" really are, or what procs them. Like towards the end of an expedition in Skittering Hollow today, a bunch of Mogu showed up with mogu rarespawns and chests. Is this different from these "invasion-style" events? When are these invasions suppose to show up, or do they just show up randomly?
10/12/2018 04:11 PMPosted by Varolyn
Nice to see a schedule, but it's still not clear to me what these "invasions" really are, or what procs them. Like towards the end of an expedition in Skittering Hollow today, a bunch of Mogu showed up with mogu rarespawns and chests. Is this different from these "invasion-style" events? When are these invasions suppose to show up, or do they just show up randomly?

Thats the invasion. I too would like to know what it is the triggers them.
Looks like we get to kill N'Zoth before Thanksgiving
But what about rotation of the actual islands? And the chances of a pirate invasion, etc? Or potentially clarifying how loot actually drops, besides leaving us to speculate the whole thing.
Why do you leave these threads open? Just lock them.
I've done 394803843948 invasions and seen a Pirate invasion ONE TIME. I want Sqawks. Did you nerf the rewards? Seems like people have started doing the rare runs they have dropped significantly. I'm not getting squat now and I run at least 30 a day when I do them.
more rewards that RNG won't allow me to collect, ty blizzard
10/12/2018 04:12 PMPosted by Ranthae
10/12/2018 04:11 PMPosted by Varolyn

Thats the invasion. I too would like to know what it is the triggers them.

On normal they trigger around 4K azerite.
Whilst it's nice to know when things are going to happen, a little transparency in the way of how rewards actually work would help players who want to engage in particular content.

So far there is a DESPERATE lack of clarity on how Island Expedition rewards work.

It's that lack of clarity that utlimately leads players to frustration.

I deduce from the blue post that 100% now that mount/pet drops are tied to particular sets of invasions that are themed around the item.
eh i appreciate the attempt at a quick improvement but they're still fundamentally flawed
Week of November 13: Old Gods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5Y25FT7DxE
yeah does this mean like, the fire elementals that have popped up in islands or the Saurok bands that appear at the end. also invasions havent been standard any week so is this a change? or are they going to randomly appear with no schedule?
At the end of the road will be even more hard to get the mounts cause you need to be lucky enough to get a pirate/mogu spawn among all other possible spawns in order to have chance to drop parrot/quilen mount :(

Lets just count: Venture co, trolls, ice trolls, dead trolls, mogu, sauroks, vraikul, kvaldir, nagas, 3 types of murlocs, makrura (lobster), mantid, pirate, mogu, air/fire/earth/water elemental, black/twilight dragons, old gods, tol'vir (24 possible spawn at start/20 possible invasion).

Please blizz put an item in doublon vendor allowing players to spawn one specific event (among all the possible species) at start!
Your post is rather vague. Are these limited time, or simply new types of invasions that will permanently be able to spawn?

Beyond that, while adding even more cosmetic stuff, have you guys given any thought to the reward structure for islands? Currently the entire thing seems to be a giant RNG fest. Random mobs, random invasion, duplicate pets that can't be traded, and a massive reward list but with no way to ever target anything.

A very simple solution would be to make each mob type drop certain currencies or combineable items that you can use to purchase/create cosmetics.
yeah nice to finally see this..

but what about drops?! I think your buff on sept 14 may have been removed with some of the maintenance..
10/12/2018 05:07 PMPosted by Stormaker
Your post is rather vague. Are these limited time, or simply new types of invasions that will permanently be able to spawn?

Beyond that, while adding even more cosmetic stuff, have you guys given any thought to the reward structure for islands? Currently the entire thing seems to be a giant RNG fest. Random mobs, random invasion, duplicate pets that can't be traded, and a massive reward list but with no way to ever target anything.

A very simple solution would be to make each mob type drop certain currencies or combineable items that you can use to purchase/create cosmetics.

These are permenant invasions, we've been seeing them added over time with stuff like Fire Elementals and Earth Elementals.
10/12/2018 04:00 PMPosted by Kaivax
Week of October 9 (this week): Water Elementals

Could you take another look at this part?

The chests spawned from the water elementals take 3 seconds to open. However, the chests are sitting on ice that causes ticking damage every 3 seconds, making it virtually impossible to open them.
10/12/2018 05:35 PMPosted by Rankin
10/12/2018 04:00 PMPosted by Kaivax
Week of October 9 (this week): Water Elementals

Could you take another look at this part?

The chests spawned from the water elementals take 3 seconds to open. However, the chests are sitting on ice that causes ticking damage every 3 seconds, making it virtually impossible to open them.

It's not impossible, at the 4º consecutive attempt you get to open the chest. Just click fast ;)