Baine Bloodhoof Should be Gay and Here’s Why

Story Forum
1 2 3 26 Next
Look, I love you guys, but please don’t push Baine having a crush on Mayla. His interest has been left ambiguous for years and you’ve also been giving Baine much more attention as a character, which he’s really needed. As a character with rising importance, the spotlight is going to be on top of him and this would be a fantastic opportunity to give the LGBT community some representation with a character that’s amazing and kind like Baine. Ebonhorn could be an alternative to Mayla, I just think that Baine has huge potential and potential to give the community more healthy representations.
I don’t see why this should be immediately considered a troll thread. WoW has a frankly unrealistic lack of LGBT characters - even by the most conservative estimates of modern and ancient cultures.

Why not Baine? I’m in.
THIS, IS, WARCRAFT!!! (Kicks Kaiorga down a hole where his character gets stuck).
YOU

I WANNA TAKE YOU TO A GAY BAR.

LET'S START A WAR, START A AZERITE WAR.

AT THE GAY BAR.

GAY BAR.

GAY BAR.
10/15/2018 01:57 AMPosted by Yersynia
I don’t see why this should be immediately considered a troll thread. WoW has a frankly unrealistic lack of LGBT characters - even by the most conservative estimates of modern and ancient cultures.

Why not Baine? I’m in.
To be fair, there is quite a few LGBT female night elf npcs in the game.

Why not Baine? I’m in.

Because the end where he says flat out that he has a crush on baine. Bah! He edited his initial post and removed it! Curses!!

Why not Baine? I’m in.

Thank you, I never intended for this to be a troll thread. As a member of the LGBT community and WoW community, I feel really unrepresented and left out.
I don’t mind Baine being gay. But I would like a Tauren that could be his “mate” to be equally developed in the background narrative. Someone that would make me think the way I think when I see Mayla and him together.

And that came awful....
10/15/2018 01:59 AMPosted by Jerillin

Why not Baine? I’m in.
To be fair, there is quite a few LGBT female night elf npcs in the game.

There are the cheesy romance novels in the game too, where the author of the novel is bisexual and has an encounter with a male character and it’s hinted that a Pandaren Innkeeper is a lesbian too. But those are just some goofy little easter eggs in the game, a main character to the current game lore would be nice to have. The little things help too though.
Baine already has a bad rep with a lot of Horde characters because they think he has it bad for Anduin. Making him confirmed gay wouldn't be a pride moment, but it would shatter any credibility he had by basically confirming those theories.

We don't need to alter a character's sexuality for the sake of tokenism.
10/15/2018 02:15 AMPosted by Grandblade
Baine already has a bad rep with a lot of Horde characters because they think he has it bad for Anduin. Making him confirmed gay wouldn't be a pride moment, but it would shatter any credibility he had by basically confirming those theories.

I can see it now, Baine and Anduin come out about their relationship and get married, then the horde and alliance make peace, and Anduin tells the night elves to !@#$ about their burnt tree nonsense.
As long as he ends up in a relationship with a Horde male I really don't care. Just keep him away from Anduin romantically.

.... Then again he's probably rip the boy-king in half.

... Okay, sure. BaineXAnduin for life!

The perfect assassin.

Emphasis on the a-

Okay I'll show myself out.
10/15/2018 02:15 AMPosted by Grandblade

Again, his sexuality had been left ambiguous. Now we’ve been given Mayla, one of basically two important female Tauren. I’d say that that’s altering a character’s sexuality for the sake of tokenism, so they can have an important Tauren couple. I never mentioned a pride moment, I’d like some inclusion by having an important character be LBGT instead of random no one NPC’s.
They've already shown that Baine has interest in Mayla, it's something they could take back before the patch releases, but as for now that's the way it is. That doesn't mean he can't be bi though.
10/15/2018 02:30 AMPosted by Murphio
They've already shown that Baine has interest in Mayla, it's something they could take back before the patch releases, but as for now that's the way it is. That doesn't mean he can't be bi though.
Bisexual Baine is probably the most likely scenario. One partner for procreation, one for love. Or maybe both for love...idk.