Warlock
Question in title.
WLS
WWLS

Is the comps it works in.
Worst spec in game can confirm
10/16/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Livericher
Worst spec in game can confirm
you can't say that, of all classes you can't say that.
It's not bad. Like any spec, it's fully capable of going fully through at least heroic and maybe even into Mythic Uldir, and fully capable of completing at least M0, probably even higher successfully within the timer.

It's just not good either, and therefore if you tell a M+ group you're demo they'll laugh or if you try to go Demo in a raid you'll potentially feel like you're holding your group back (but H Fetid is easy so my raid group can deal with me being Demo on that fight every time...as well as for anything on normal if they drag me out to that).
Short answer: perfectly fine in PvE for all content. Like any spec some fights are good and some are bad but doable for all even in mythic. Very strong at high level keys if you can manage your pets so they don’t accidentally pull extra packs.

Pvp: it’s rough. Doable but you’ll work extra hard compared to other specs. There’s a few dedicated demo arena folks who post for more information.

Side note: Surprisingly, I was goofing around as demo instead of affy for some high-ish RBGs (2400mmr) and PTP was very strong when left alone, similar damage output to affy with much better single target pressure.
10/16/2018 09:41 AMPosted by Epícburn
WLS
WWLS

Oh back to horde?
10/16/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Menemies
Oh back to horde?

Its been a while since I was Hordeburns but its nice to be back.
10/16/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Chucklebolt
Short answer: perfectly fine in PvE for all content. Like any spec some fights are good and some are bad but doable for all even in mythic. Very strong at high level keys if you can manage your pets so they don’t accidentally pull extra packs.

Pvp: it’s rough. Doable but you’ll work extra hard compared to other specs. There’s a few dedicated demo arena folks who post for more information.

Side note: Surprisingly, I was goofing around as demo instead of affy for some high-ish RBGs (2400mmr) and PTP was very strong when left alone, similar damage output to affy with much better single target pressure.

As an aside, thanks for streaming yal's fetid progress. I enjoyed when you started going crazy and describing what you were doing etc. I feel like thats just me without the stream 7 times out of ten. (In all seriousness, I figured you were really just doing it for stream, but it was nice to see someone breaking down the decisions by the GCD on progress to figure out timings)

If you guys want a solid PvE vantage of Demo, Chuckle is a solid one.

https://raider.io/characters/us/kiljaeden/Chucklebolt

Please dont comment on demo for pve when you yourself never use it
10/16/2018 12:15 PMPosted by Ohboy

https://raider.io/characters/us/kiljaeden/Chucklebolt

Please dont comment on demo for pve when you yourself never use it

Excuse me? https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/9129471

I have exactly one non-demo parse (first week heroic mother) and have been Demo for all but 2 M+ clears. Not sure where you are getting the idea I don’t play demo.

10/16/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Lifiane

As an aside, thanks for streaming yal's fetid progress. I enjoyed when you started going crazy and describing what you were doing etc. I feel like thats just me without the stream 7 times out of ten. (In all seriousness, I figured you were really just doing it for stream, but it was nice to see someone breaking down the decisions by the GCD on progress to figure out timings)

If you guys want a solid PvE vantage of Demo, Chuckle is a solid one.

Glad you enjoyed that! I will probably be streaming again this week (starting tonight with reclear stuff). I found it helpful to talk through my GCD options too even if it threw me off a little when things got toooo crazy haha.
10/16/2018 12:01 PMPosted by Epícburn
Oh back to horde?

he couldn't do without me so he swapped. <3
WLS
WWLS

You're playing at a higher rating, so there's probably things that don't work so well, but what about:

Boomy/lock
Rogue/lock
Mage/lock
Spriest/lock

With rshams or hpals
All those can/could work.. I was just posting what Ive seen/know works at higher rating.

Demo+Crane Monk has amazing synergy as well.
10/16/2018 12:56 PMPosted by Epícburn
All those can/could work.. I was just posting what Ive seen/know works at higher rating.

Did you switch to destro, though?
Demo is perfectly viable in PvE now, and can perform well on most of the fights on mythic - Fetid is probably our biggest problem, and even that can be somewhat mitigated if you get to be on the big adds from what I've seen of other's logs. There are still some aspects of fights that we lack on, like add damage on Vectis and mythic Mythrax, but overall the spec is in a much better place than it was at the start of the tier.

It's also a pretty good spec for M+, as others have mentioned previously.
10/16/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Jetlili
10/16/2018 12:56 PMPosted by Epícburn

I did, I do not have the partners for Demo currently and I want to keep putting out stream/content.

Sacrifices have to be made for the greater good. I try to keep things entertaining :)
10/16/2018 01:08 PMPosted by Epícburn
10/16/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Jetlili

I did, I do not have the partners for Demo currently and I want to keep putting out stream/content.

Sacrifices have to be made for the greater good. I try to keep things entertaining :)

You went horde? Well !@#$.
10/16/2018 12:01 PMPosted by Epícburn
Oh back to horde?

You don’t wanna play void elf anymore?
PvE: Plenty viable. I do just fine in dungeons and Heroic Uldir, even took it to mythic for Zekvoz and was sitting pretty over the mages and even the demon hunter

PvP: ...well I'll just say I hate rogues and Demon Hunters (what caster doesn't?)

WLS
WWLS

As the resident high ranked Arenas Warlock, tell me, what are your thoughts on going Destro or Demo with a rogue or warrior and a priest/mistweaver? I cannot make Affliction work in Arenas for my life right now

Currently most people I know don't pvp...and most of the community at my mmr has given up on Warlocks this patch so the only people I know who are willing to pvp with me are a rogue, a warrior (who only really seriously pvp's with his mage friend), and a Mistweaver who's alt is a disc priest