Feral 8.1

Druid
Did I misread mmo champion, or is there another flat 8% damage increase incoming?

If so, incredible how far off the mark Blizzard has been with feral this expansion. Glad that, for the first time ever, I leveled an alt first.
Didn’t read that anywhere but i know they’re moving around some talents and we’ll probably get hit with the nerd bat cause the dev team sucks.

Just what need
Don't forget, this is on top of a reduction in energy costs, major buff to mastery, and promising looking new AoE talents. The only bad thing about cat on PTR right now is the level-15 talent tier choice from a PvP perspective.
Whaaat!?

Youre telling me Kitty is gonna be Bomb Diggity like it was in ICC?

I am deciding between leveling a Druid for Kitty or Ele/Enh for 8.1 DPS Roles.

Im hoping the Warrior Prot and or Guardian will get a lil buff or help.
Don’t get me wrong— this is all good news.

It’s just crazy to me that a spec can be so bad at launch, that there has to be a cumulative 20% damage buff before we even look at abilities, talents, resource management, etc.

Feral has been in bad spots before (legion launch being one of them), but this may take the cake.
10/17/2018 03:29 PMPosted by Gilgaland

It’s just crazy to me that a spec can be so bad at launch, that there has to be a cumulative 20% damage buff before we even look at abilities, talents, resource management, etc.

This seems par for the course for BfA class/spec/role tuning/balance. Took half an expac to get it close to right in Legion, and then, in 8.0, it all slid back to a worse state than in 7.0.
10/17/2018 03:55 PMPosted by Komara

This seems par for the course for BfA class/spec/role tuning/balance. Took half an expac to get it close to right in Legion, and then, in 8.0, it all slid back to a worse state than in 7.0.

That'll happen when you take away everything from the Artifact and give like one thing back
They can keep the damage buff, all I want is energy regen. I can forge my damage from that
Legion feral was a mistake the GCD cap was way too much, even now im pretty much GCD capped. The point of the spec is to be an energy class and maintain bleeds, if we have too much energy we arent an energy class we are just a mash button class.
10/17/2018 02:13 PMPosted by Gilgaland
Did I misread mmo champion, or is there another flat 8% damage increase incoming?

If so, incredible how far off the mark Blizzard has been with feral this expansion. Glad that, for the first time ever, I leveled an alt first.

I leveled my feral first - I was glad I did that because everything else was easy mode after that.

Feral has been in bad spots before (legion launch being one of them), but this may take the cake.

It really was bad - I played it on beta or tried to and I was complaining about the tuning constantly. This was the first beta that I leveled a character up and did very little end game content because feral was just so so so bad.
Unbuffed, on live at 360 ilvl, i am maintaining 11k to 12k dps. If these changes make maintaining that easier and get me a place in raids and mythic+, then I will be happy.
At the end they are going to be nerfed in pvp, and buffed in pve.

That choice betwen Sabertooth and Lunar Inspiration will destroy ferals in arenas.
10/17/2018 02:45 PMPosted by Komara
Don't forget, this is on top of a reduction in energy costs, major buff to mastery, and promising looking new AoE talents. The only bad thing about cat on PTR right now is the level-15 talent tier choice from a PvP perspective.

I must have missed energy reduction costs. What got reduced?
10/18/2018 12:36 PMPosted by Feríssimo

That choice betwen Sabertooth and Lunar Inspiration will destroy ferals in arenas.

You’d go with Sabertooth and use your first finisher on a bite. Wow 2-3 times as long to get bleeds up... yeah that’s bad
I hope the ability to not generate combo points in pvp now (losing lunar inspiration) will be GENEROUSLY compensated by crazy energy regen and or bigger bleed ticks
Not arguing Lunar or SBT but you can hardcast regrowth on first opener to make sure its BTd, unless you get kicked or stunned casting it, imagine biting to get first rip BT and getting the PS purged, all im sayin

We DEFINITELY, as a feral collective, need to be MUCH louder about how bad of a change this is for feral in regards to pvp. You barely see feral druids in arenas these days, and having Lunar Inspiration and Sabertooth on the same talent row is disastrous. I can't understand why they would want to make us choose. I understand for pve, but some people don't raid at all, and having to choose will be detrimental.
10/19/2018 03:42 AMPosted by Fabricon

We DEFINITELY, as a feral collective, need to be MUCH louder about how bad of a change this is for feral in regards to pvp. You barely see feral druids in arenas these days, and having Lunar Inspiration and Sabertooth on the same talent row is disastrous. I can't understand why they would want to make us choose. I understand for pve, but some people don't raid at all, and having to choose will be detrimental.

Clearly they are having MAJOR balance and tuning issues. They released Feral in nearly unplayable conditions. If you think they'll give a !@#$ about 15 talents both being a crutch in PvP you're too hopeful. Like I saod in a previous post...

"Boss told me to make Feral an AoE talent row so I did. Just moved some talents around, created a new one that all Ferals will take since we didn't do anything to the other garbage two, and moved one talent to the 15 row. Easy fix and did it all before lunch. Not even going to test these 'fixes'. Feral is fixed now!"
Maybe they could make baseline moonfire castable in cat form and generate combo points BUT its energy cost would be higher and not scale with agility.
Still trying to figure out what energy costs were reduced?