Why does.....

General Discussion
The alliance get so butthurt about constructive criticism in dungeons?

Was wrapping up the finishing touches on the final quest line for pride of Kul'Tiras so I had to do mythic Siege of Boralus. I'm 354 ilvl but was too lazy to finish the quests sooner (I can post within this thread on my druid for those who want to check for whatever reason).

Anyway, we were on the last boss and the idiots kept collapsing on the demo tentacle so I said and I quote, "get the gripping tentacle" and marked it with skull. I was midfight so I didn't add any formalities except the bare minimum to get the point across.

Then, the tank's ego gets threatened (even though I'm speaking to DPS since tank has to be on demo tentacle) and he says, "how about you dispel".

"Hey moron, 2 debuffs, 1 cleanse on cd. Do the math. " (didn't say that because I was healing).

Then, right before the kill, he booted me from the group but I still got credit because it takes a full 60 seconds for you to be ported from the instance so I promptly collected my loot and got a free hearth.

In any case, I've never seen such petulant antics on my mage and I've done every mythic dungeon thus far and some raids.
Was your tank a human paladin?
The Horde get so butthurt about constructive criticism in dungeons?

Was wrapping up the finishing touches on the final quest line for pride of Kul'Tiras so I had to do mythic Siege of Boralus. I'm 354 ilvl but was too lazy to finish the quests sooner (I can post within this thread on my druid for those who want to check for whatever reason).

Anyway, we were on the last boss and the idiots kept collapsing on the demo tentacle so I said and I quote, "get the gripping tentacle" and marked it with skull. I was midfight so I didn't add any formalities except the bare minimum to get the point across.

Then, the tank's ego get's threatened (even though I'm speaking to DPS since tank has to be on demo tentacle) and he says, "how about you dispel".

"Hey moron, 2 debuffs, 1 cleanse on cd. Do the math. " (didn't say that because I was healing).

Then, right before the kill, he booted me from the group but I still got credit because it takes a full 60 seconds for you to be ported from the instance so I promptly collected my loot and got a free hearth.

In any case, I've never seen such petulant antics on my mage and I've done every mythic dungeon thus far and some raids.

It works both ways.
10/18/2018 03:47 AMPosted by Tyierin

Actually, yes he was.
I find its better to keep your mouth shut. If a wipe occurs throw out your "suggestion". Honnestly though i never run with pugs. I always run with guildies and sonetines we pick up a dps if short.
10/18/2018 03:44 AMPosted by Pänic
The alliance get so butthurt about constructive criticism in dungeons?

Why is there always a need to generalize behavior along faction lines? I have played characters on both sides for over eleven years now, and can confidently say that neither faction has a monopoly on incompetence (or professionalism).
There is a fine line between constructive criticism and blatantly being a jerk.
I see it on both sides. But I’ve noticed many Alliance players are younger. So they might have more hormone rage. Lol
10/18/2018 03:51 AMPosted by Baltysalls
I find its better to keep your mouth shut. If a wipe occurs throw out your "suggestion".

I'd rather not wipe though because it's an issue that is easily preventable.

10/18/2018 04:07 AMPosted by Leyami
Why is there always a need to generalize behavior along faction lines? I have played characters on both sides for over eleven years now, and can confidently say that neither faction has a monopoly on incompetence (or professionalism).

I'm not trying to generalize but my experiences have been drastically different between horde and alliance. Maybe I'm just unlucky in my Alliance groups, who knows. I can go on about all of the issues that have occurred in the last 2 days.

10/18/2018 04:11 AMPosted by Cindariel

I put my exact quote in my OP so that it could be left up to interpretation. The way I see it, if there are no insults in the original comment, then there's no problem with it.

When I say things like that on Horde, it just gets done and nothing is said about it. I can say, "you need to interrupt x" and there's no response. The only thing that happens is that 'x' is interrupted.
According to OP those things only happen on the Alliance side.

Reality is it happen both side and with a 55%-45% population for the Horde common sense dictate that it happen more often there.
I'm not trying to generalize but my experiences have been drastically different between horde and alliance. Maybe I'm just unlucky in my Alliance groups, who knows. I can go on about all of the issues that have occurred in the last 2 days.

Over the years, I've found that there isn't any real difference between the two factions as far as players go.

And I've always found that people who insist their criticism is constructive? Usually aren't telling the whole story. Not that you are in this particular case. But the overwhelming evidence has made me a bit jaded about stories such as these.
10/18/2018 04:16 AMPosted by Pänic
10/18/2018 03:51 AMPosted by Baltysalls
I find its better to keep your mouth shut. If a wipe occurs throw out your "suggestion".

I'd rather not wipe though because it's an issue that is easily preventable.

10/18/2018 04:07 AMPosted by Leyami

10/18/2018 04:11 AMPosted by Cindariel

I put my exact quote in my OP so that it could be left up to interpretation. The way I see it, if there are no insults in the original comment, then there's no problem with it.

When I say things like that on Horde, it just gets done and nothing is said about it. I can say, "you need to interrupt x" and there's no response. The only thing that happens is that 'x' is interrupted.
I don't think you did anything wrong, I was just stating that there was a difference and people tend to mesh them.
10/18/2018 04:22 AMPosted by Halô
According to OP those things only happen on the Alliance side.

Reality is it happen both side and with a 55%-45% population for the Horde common sense dictate that it happen more often there.

Not necessarily since there's a different culture populating each faction.

10/18/2018 04:23 AMPosted by Crepe
Over the years, I've found that there isn't any real difference between the two factions as far as players go.

And I've always found that people who insist their criticism is constructive? Usually aren't telling the whole story. Not that you are in this particular case. But the overwhelming evidence has made me a bit jaded about stories such as these.

Understandable, I tend to feel that way about posts such as mine as well.

However, the aforementioned quote in my OP is the only thing I've said in the entire instance. Take it however you wish. Keep in mind that I was in group the entire instance. If I was problematic all instance, they would have booted me sooner. At least that's the way I'd look at it if I needed some clues.
10/18/2018 03:48 AMPosted by Pänic
10/18/2018 03:47 AMPosted by Tyierin

Actually, yes he was.

/thread
10/18/2018 04:29 AMPosted by Momimfotm
10/18/2018 03:48 AMPosted by Pänic

Actually, yes he was.

/thread

lol

Is there a stereotype about human paladins that I'm not aware of? My main is this mage so I'm not privy to all of the Alliance stereotypes.
10/18/2018 04:26 AMPosted by Pänic

Understandable, I tend to feel that way about posts such as mine as well.

However, the aforementioned quote in my OP is the only thing I've said in the entire instance. Take it however you wish. Keep in mind that I was in group the entire instance. If I was problematic all instance, they would have booted me sooner. At least that's the way I'd look at it if I needed some clues.

'sall about perspective imo. It's hard to convey emotions online through text, so where someone sees;

"get the gripping tentacle"

Someone else can see;

"GET THE GRIPPING TENTACLE"

Emotions are complicated in the heat of the moment, and if example someone realizes they're doing something wrong, followed by being offered advice on how to deal with the situation right after they themselves realize what they did wrong, they could take it more personally than it was meant.
While playing on my Horde alt, I see another Horde player die to open world mobs.

"WhY iS thE HOrdE sO baD AT tHiS GaME?!"

Basically this thread.

One thing happened to you. That does not make it the norm for one or either faction. Why did this need to be a thread?
Regardless of his comment, it was a complete douchey move to remove him right before the boss died. I actually had someone do this to me in a M+ right before the last boss died, still got my loot mailed to me. The tank was terrible and I let him know it, DH tank. He was later booted from his guild because I knew one of the officers and his attitude/actions weren't in line with their philosophy.
10/18/2018 04:30 AMPosted by Pänic
10/18/2018 04:29 AMPosted by Momimfotm

/thread

lol

Is there a stereotype about human paladins that I'm not aware of? My main is this mage so I'm not privy to all of the Alliance stereotypes.

Not at all, human paladins are great. Some of my best friends are human paladins.
That whole fight is get the engineer loose, shoot the cannon, leave the cannon before it is destroyed, rinse and repeat

The tank just keeps the killin tenticles busy.

On a ret pally we did it the first couple weeks of launch and minimal gear. Hunter (BM) ret pally, destro lock bear tank and shaman heals. Still figuring out the whole fight as we went. (Was guild group so we just worked it out and did it.)

Worked best if I went after engineer, and the ranged dps killed the demo things. the lock and hunter helped me kill things and I pretty much just kept myself alive.

Was not a hard fight after we got it figured out.

I would hate to try to pug something like that, one no longer gets to ignore mechanics which is what many players have gotten used to.