Pet Battle Tournament

Pet Battles
Good Morning all. I will be hosting a monthly pet battle tournament. If interested send a btag to Beerbringer#1738 Make a new alliance char on BlackwaterRaiders server. I will bring you into the guild Servants of Demidos and you can see the monthly calendar invite. Will be held on a Saturday best 2 out of 3 single elimination.

1 place will be any pet charm pet you want I will buy it turn it blue and level it to 25
2 place will be a level 25 blue Servant of Demidos
3 rd place will be a level 25 blue Iron Starlet.

You can reply here with your btag and I will add you when I get home from work.

Thanks for checking this out.
That's nice of you. How is the tournament played?
I just pair people up in brackets and we stand around and watch the matches. the one who wins advances to the next round we will know how many rounds when we know how many people we have.
Before Battle for Azeroth started I hosted a pet tournament as well. The format I created was well received by the participants. You may want to consider it as a possible choice.

Each player rolls /10 start of each match three times. Each number corresponds to the pet family you must use.
-Humanoid -1 Dragonkin- 2 Flying -3 Undead -4 Critter -5
-Magic - 6 Elemental -7 Beast -8 Aquatic -9 Mechanical -10

I gave players a few minutes to decide on their pets before the start of each match.

In descending order from the in game pet list. This allows the prevention of the most powerful compositions currently used while also bringing diversity to matches that may not be normally used.
This is awesome ! I wish we had spectate mode for the pet battles.....
I think I'll do this. I'm Mordred#1140.
you can see the people battling we will all be outside Stormwind so you are welcome to watch.
sounds fun

Reconbravo's idea is really good as well.
I'm in! Might not be able to make the first one (depending on time difference - I'm in Australia and am in exam mode for another 2 weeks so can't muck up my sleep pattern). I'd definitely want to do this going forward though and am happy to help out with donating a pet for prizes.
awesome we are up to 6 rite now lets get more. :)
10/23/2018 04:01 PMPosted by Regnetom
This is awesome ! I wish we had spectate mode for the pet battles.....

If you are close enough to a pet battle you can watch some pet battles. The only ones you cannot see are the tamer battles or the pvp ones you queue up for. You can see people battle wild pets and if they request a pvp pet battle with someone.
Added you on btag (Benji) but I probably missed you, looks like fun! What time do you plan to do it? Would like to participate but I live in Europe so I have to see about the time..
Are there any banned pets or pet combos? Or will the info be available through the guild calendar ?
I would like to be in on it too it sounds like fun looking forward to it I am
Squirrelboy#1239
No banned pets. However there may be theme tournaments like only pets from a certain xpac etc. It will be something interesting each month. Everyone gets a say In how we do it through a discord vote we will put up ideas and let everyone vote on their favorite.
The first Tournament will be 11/10/18 at 8am Central time.
10/23/2018 03:34 PMPosted by Reconbravo
Each player rolls /10 start of each match three times. Each number corresponds to the pet family you must use.
-Humanoid -1 Dragonkin- 2 Flying -3 Undead -4 Critter -5
-Magic - 6 Elemental -7 Beast -8 Aquatic -9 Mechanical -10

I would propose a variation. Have the referee roll the dice and both combatants must use the categories selected. So, both combatants are using the same three pet families.
bump :)

should encourage any pet battlers to come along and trade / show off pets
thanks all, had a lot of fun

I was laid low by two totally unexpected teams!
Very close games too!

I actually had heaps of fun and I hope we can have some more people next time with some more games, it was too short!