What I want to see for Frost Death Knight

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
New: Call of the Damned: Increases haste of all raid and party members within 100 yards by 10% for 1 hour.

(We should be stronger, slower and more durable than mages, warlocks and rogues. If we catch them, then they die, unless they outplay us).

Increase Obliterate damage by 30%
Increase Frost Strike damage by 20%
Reduce Breath of Sindragosa damage by 20%

Horn of Winter baseline with a 30 second cooldown. Off the GCD.

Soul Reaper baseline.

Pillar of Frost: Removed.

Empowered Rune Weapon- Empower your rune weapon, gaining 20% haste and generating 1 Rune and 5 Runic Power instantly and every 2 sec for 20 sec.

Death’s Advance: Passive 10% movement speed added. (For all Death Knights).

Talents:
Level 56
Inexorable Assault- Obliterate does an additional (30% of attack power) as Frost damage.

Level 57
New: Winds of Northrend: Your Horn of Winter gains two charges but has its cooldown increased by 15 secs.

Level 58
Death’s Reach. Removed from talent selection. Returned to baseline.

New: Winter is Coming: Enemies struck by Remorseless Winter five times are stunned for 4 seconds.

Asphyxiate: Lifts the enemy target off the ground, crushing their throat with dark energy and stunning them for 8 sec. Against players, this ability stuns for 4 secs.

Level 60
Glacial Advance replaces Frozen Pulse

Level 75
Wraith Walk removed. (Removing root effects added to Death’s Advance).

New: Unbreakable Armor: Coats the Death Knight’s armor in a thick sheet of ice, increasing armor by 25% and increasing parry by 30%. 1.5 Minute Cooldown. Costs one Rune.

Level 90
New: Might of the Frozen Wastes: Wielding a two-handed weapon increases Obliterate damage by 50%, and all melee attacks by 35%.

Level 100
Obliteration: Instant: For the next 12 sec, every Frost Strike, Glacial Advance and Howling Blast hit triggers Killing Machine, and Obliterate costs 1 less Rune. 2-Minute Cooldown.

Remove Icecap

New: The Will of Frostmourne: While Empower Rune Weapon is active, your special attacks trap a soul in your rune weapon. When Empower Rune Weapon Fades, your rune weapon discharges the souls at your current target, dealing (5% of Attack Power) damage per soul.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So why these changes? Firstly, Obliterate is our main source of damage and spending runes, we need more runes to pump out more Obliterates to pump out more damage. A perfect cycle. How do we get more runes or how do we get more Obliterates out? Well, adding Soul Reaper will increase our uptime by providing more runes, so will Horn of Winter. Speaking of Horn of Winter, I like this new iteration, because it provides a free Obliterate and Frost Strike. I also want it more often and to not interfere with our main rotation, thus 30 second cooldown and baseline. We need RUNES!

I want to start this next sentence by saying, “I like Breath of Sindragosa.” I don’t like it being our main source of damage every 2 minutes. It doesn’t flow well with me, which is why I would nerf it by 20% and buff Obliterate and Frost Strike. These are our spenders and they need to do more damage. I don’t want Breath to be nerfed to uselessness, but I don’t want it to be something that gimps my damage after I go all out. Also, I liked Obliteration during Legion and felt that the nerfs to it were unnecessary, thus my iteration reverted it back.

Call of the Damned is a good bonus to bring to a raid. Every class should bring a unique raid buff. Haste should be Death Knights since we need it for our runes.
Death’s Advance is a great ability, it just needed passive 10% movement speed back and removing root effects. Death Knight’s, to me, are the Jason Voorhees of WoW. Slow, dangerous and lethal. Just one ability to get us moving is good enough for me. (As long as we are putting out more damage than classes with movement).

Why remove Pillar of Frost? Well, it’s annoying really. The GCD changes killed this ability for me and I would like to compress as much as I can. Thus, I replaced it with HoW and Soul Reaper. Plus the Will of Frostmourne does basically the same thing, except with more fantasy and less strength. Strength is too valuable right now to keep it in a bottle.

Every Death Knight knows why I changed Inexorable Assault to the way I did.

Might of the Frozen Wastes is a cool call back. Plus, I love 2 handers for Frost Death Knight. Sue me.

With more rune generation being added, I thought Frozen Pulse was a waste.
I certainly think shifting damange out of BoS and into core attacks is a good idea.
oblit and FS damage should be buffed for more than 30 and 20% if losing the strength of UA

i still think obliteration should be rime and KM are on all the time while UA is active

also Hungering cold replaces blinding sheet for and aoe around the FDK that freezes mobs in place and infects with frost fever
10/23/2018 08:53 PMPosted by Sybille
I certainly think shifting damange out of BoS and into core attacks is a good idea.

I like this idea because we get more runes, we need them so bad.

Edit: just noticed some of the things weren't crossed out like a patch note. Fixed it.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769618067#post-1

I echoed your damage source concerns on another thread. Check it out.

Well thought out man. Good job. Your suggestions really fit the class and are definitely needed.
10/24/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Diecruxx
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769618067#post-1

I echoed your damage source concerns on another thread. Check it out.

Well thought out man. Good job. Your suggestions really fit the class and are definitely needed.

Very good post. We only have so much time before 8.1 comes out. We need to make our voices heard now or be stuck waiting till February.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767658114?page=25#post-484

"Go back to individual rune CD time, and none of this 15-20s garbage on the last one or two runes used either. Base line CD set to 10 seconds, modified by haste. Runic Corruption should affect all runes on CD, no matter when they've been used. Runic Empowerment(frost) needs to proc a lot more, and the co efficient for RE needs to come way up for Breath. It only needs a nudge for Frost Strike."

Stole this from the thread above. I agree so much. Please add.
I think it would be cooler if instead of passive raid buffs, classes gained on use raid buffs that helped in different ways.

3 minute cooldown. Grants your party and raid members extra shadowfrost damage on their attacks, and that damage steals life from their target. Lasts 30 seconds or something.

Like to me that would be so cool as a death knight spell.

Passive haste is boring, and in my opinion, passive raid buffs really only suit caster classes, since they are casting a spell on you.
10/25/2018 08:26 AMPosted by Antaris
I think it would be cooler if instead of passive raid buffs, classes gained on use raid buffs that helped in different ways.

3 minute cooldown. Grants your party and raid members extra shadowfrost damage on their attacks, and that damage steals life from their target. Lasts 30 seconds or something.

Like to me that would be so cool as a death knight spell.

Passive haste is boring, and in my opinion, passive raid buffs really only suit caster classes, since they are casting a spell on you.

That actually sounds sick.
Love all of these changes especially shifting damage out of breath and into obliterate and frost strike as well as adding 2H as an option. Love love love the idea of removing pillar and adding that Will of the Frostmourne suggestion. It adds fun factor and class flavor which is something this expansion seems to be lacking.
10/25/2018 08:54 AMPosted by Orvoth
Love all of these changes especially shifting damage out of breath and into obliterate and frost strike as well as adding 2H as an option. Love love love the idea of removing pillar and adding that Will of the Frostmourne suggestion. It adds fun factor and class flavor which is something this expansion seems to be lacking.

That's the response I was hoping to hear from the majority of the Frost community. I felt I touched on most of the issues (that being runes) but I could be wrong. I want the community to speak out like the few of us have done here.

I guess since I added a 2H option, it was immediately written off.
I'm all for moving more damage into the base rotation. Would be nice if there were more non-breath options for building on top of that basic game play though. Returning old baseline tools to the spec (and the whole class really) would be nice.

10/25/2018 04:21 PMPosted by Vitálus
I guess since I added a 2H option, it was immediately written off.

Every time I see the 2H discussion come up in other communities like Reddit, MMO-C, in-game, or in Discord, the vast majority of people seem to be in favor of it coming back in some form. It's just on these forums where a couple of people seem to throw tantrums against it.
i really like these but lets make New: Might of the Frozen Wastes: Wielding a two-handed weapon increases Obliterate damage by 50%, and all melee attacks by 35%.

New: Might of the Frozen Wastes: Wielding a two-handed weapon increases Obliterate damage by 50%, and all melee attacks by 35%.

baseline period

Or if we dont get the haste buff , which should be named unholy aura since it used to be that we should get vampiric aura
you lost me at 2h frost options.
adding it in as you or other propose will brake the class more than it will shut up the few !@#$%ing about 2 handers, yes its a few not a vast majority as some continue claim. look back long enough its often the same 5-10 continue to flog the dead horse the 2h frost dk is.

FS does not need that much tuning depending on how much you abuse your Mastery. Obliterate sure needs work.

things like mirror ball and bonuses added via our old artifact weapons would be nice.
I kinda agree with your thinking on BoS and your idea for will of Frostmourne has some potential
Buff unholy scourge fester coil by 30% and give frost some damn love too we’re some sad dks up in here show us some love
Your ideas are good, but thinking about two-handed frost I prefer the way it is now with frost being the dual wield spec and unholy being the 2-hander spec. It helps differentiate them.

There are other ways to buff obliterate than giving frost DKs a two-hander. Make the two weapons hit like Stormstrike for enh shamans (striking with both weapons at once) or something so that the combined damage from both weapons striking is greater than a single 2-hander.
These changes are my wet dream.

Definitely need to remove dmg from Breath of Sindragosa and put it in our spenders/generators. Also who wants to see our DOT/melee being top dmg?! It's so lackluster....

Oh and if 2H frost was returned to us, i would subscribe for 2 years straight! ITS ALL ABOUT CLASS FANTASY!
10/26/2018 02:32 AMPosted by Memnokers
you lost me at 2h frost options.
adding it in as you or other propose will brake the class more than it will shut up the few !@#$%ing about 2 handers, yes its a few not a vast majority as some continue claim. look back long enough its often the same 5-10 continue to flog the dead horse the 2h frost dk is.

I don't understand why there are people who dislike the idea of 2H as an OPTION. It's only restrictive because Blizzard is too lazy to balance it and tied themselves up in Legion with the artifact system. Also, you have no clue how many would be in favor of 2H Frost or against it.
Little context as to why I made 2H an option, and why it is a talent and not baseline. Firstly, I thought that if it was a talent, it would make it easier for Blizzard to balance. Secondly, those who hate 2H, it gives them a way to avoid it. Last expansion changed Frost DK for the worst for both sides. I just wanted people to have their choices again.
Bump