Possible new iMacs.

Mac Technical Support
If Apple unveiles new iMacs on Nov 30th, what new GPU’s might they have? Your thoughts.
570X, 575X, 580X.

The 2018 "refresh" of the current lineup.
So no new GPUs? lol
There are no other GPUs in AMDs lineup which would fit the spot in the market the iMac wants to occupy. Vega would encroach on iMac Pro territory.
Aye, that’s what I was afraid of. I was hoping none the less that we would see a GPU upgrade if Apple released a new iMac.
Do you think that it’s possible that Apple moves away from AMD and goes with Nvidia?
Anything's possible with love, but it won't be with the refresh coming October 30.
Well nuts I say!
The current iMacs are still plenty good! Eighth-gen i7 and i9 upgrades will be sweeeeeet.
10/24/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Cassio
Do you think that it’s possible that Apple moves away from AMD and goes with Nvidia?

My Magic 8 Ball says "No": https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1043070/announcements/faq-about-macos-10-14-mojave-nviddia-drivers/

If Apple's cockblocking nVidia with its web drivers, it's a sure bet they aren't going to move to nVidia GPUs anytime soon, so Mac users get the double shaft without lube in that AMD's best offering is worse than the last nVidia generation's flagship model and nVidia's beat that last gen flagship by about 30% with the new gen.
What kind of processors might we see in updated Mac minis? The current offerings from 2014 are all poopy dual-core CPUs.
Probably coffee lake in more of them, 8700 most likely with intel UHD 630 graphics, as for AMD, probably same ole crap, amd is so far behind nvidia right now with nothing in pipeline until 2019 so there probably won't be much to add there.

I don't know if they'd use the brand new refresh ones like 9700 or 9900 series ones.
Gonna laugh so damned hard if it's "New Mini, now with more Suck™!"
The Mac Mini will have lame specs but nobody who needs anything beyond lame specs will be buying one.
10/25/2018 12:48 AMPosted by Incaely
The Mac Mini will have lame specs but nobody who needs anything beyond lame specs will be buying one.

Truth.

I'm just looking for a cheap Fiery print/file server to manage jobs for the 2 presses and serve a small group of artists with attached RAID and Time Machine. And also host the media library for entertainment.

The Mac mini is just PERFECT for these things because it's affordable and keeps everything in the office Apple.
Well I'd expect Apple to put TB3 ports on an updated Mac Mini. If the processor inside isn't any worse than what they put into the Macbook Pros, it may alright with an eGPU.
Since it's the iMac's 20th anniversary this year, I have a feeling Apple might surprise us on the iMac front. Here's hoping for an updated GPU and cooling system :-)
Eh, Apple likes thin, thin, and nothing BUT thin. They still don't get that we aren't gaming from the side of the computer and couldn't give two rats petooties about how thin it is. Until they add some depth to the chassis, heat's gonna be the number one problem for all time.
10/25/2018 07:43 PMPosted by Tiapriestess
Eh, Apple likes thin, thin, and nothing BUT thin. They still don't get that we aren't gaming from the side of the computer and couldn't give two rats petooties about how thin it is. Until they add some depth to the chassis, heat's gonna be the number one problem for all time.

As I read this post I keep thinking back to that now-famous "Blue Sweater" scene from The Devil Wears Prada. You're writing this criticism of Apple as though they created a product that was not designed with you in mind, when the whole "Thin thin and nothing but thin" design aesthetic is a direct response to consumer demand.

We wanted our phones smaller and thinner and with less bevel, until we began using our phones more often. Then we wanted them bigger but still thinner, with more power but still less bevel.

Consumers are no different with our larger devices. A majority want something aesthetically pleasing, they want it in as few pieces as possible with as few wires hanging out and getting tangled. They want it to be big and beautiful and light and powerful.
10/26/2018 11:58 AMPosted by Sededirusi
Consumers are no different with our larger devices. A majority want something aesthetically pleasing, they want it in as few pieces as possible with as few wires hanging out and getting tangled. They want it to be big and beautiful and light and powerful.

Well apple certainly failed at this. you have more wires than ever with their hardware cause you can't add anything internally