Horde cages Zuldazar natives

Story Forum
Please forgive the clcikbait title but
https://imgur.com/a/HwaS1vv

Wow. The Horde's so morally grey that even gorillas are turning against them. Thanks Blizz.
Golbins are known for doing sketchy stuff tho
I like Grong. Shame he has to die so soon...
10/25/2018 09:05 AMPosted by Kintha
There's already a thread about this.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769607848?page=1

Oh, so there is. My bad.
See, these quests confuse me a bit.

Last time I was there, the mass majority of the Gorillas were incredibly hostile, and the "Peace-Loving Gorillas" were actively imprisoned (And seemed to be a minority).

These hostile gorillas include the very same "Da'kani Highbrow" mob that Horde and Alliance slaughter while questing there.

So are these the same Gorillas who were hostile to the Zandalari? Are they just led by a different Gorilla since we killed King Da'ka?
10/25/2018 09:15 AMPosted by Hackbrew
See, these quests confuse me a bit.

Last time I was there, the mass majority of the Gorillas were incredibly hostile, and the "Peace-Loving Gorillas" were actively imprisoned (And seemed to be a minority).

These hostile gorillas include the very same "Da'kani Highbrow" mob that Horde and Alliance slaughter while questing there.

So are these the same Gorillas who were hostile to the Zandalari? Are they just led by a different Gorilla since we killed King Da'ka?

Don't you know? Nothing the Horde does that's good is canon!

I'm frustrated they couldn't let the Alliance have one grey moment, they made the goddang GORILLA justify their invasion of Zuldazar on its own.
10/25/2018 09:18 AMPosted by Skytotem
Don't you know? Nothing the Horde does that's good is canon!

I'm frustrated they couldn't let the Alliance have one grey moment, they made the goddang GORILLA justify their invasion of Zuldazar on its own.

I also find it funny that the Horde and Alliance regularly commit terrible acts against intelligent beings, but gets written off because they're "bad".

We eat Murlocs, smash unborn Harpies, and slaughter Dragon whelps, all of which are intelligent beings. And these Gorillas were certainly "bad" until the Horde rolled in, killed their king, and started treating them like we treat all "mongre" races.
Those racist gorillas, hating on the entire Horde. It's goblins that are their problem.
WE HAVE LITERALLY MURDERED KOBOLDS FOR CANDLES TO SELL.

CANDLES.
Who cares about Gorrila Grong? I mean, that kaja'mite belongs to me and mine by law anyway.
We could give the gorillas and goblins an actual morally grey reason to be at odds (Competing for Kaja'mite, a limited resource both need to live) or we could do it in a way that solely frames the horde as responsible and is pure evil.
10/25/2018 10:06 AMPosted by Reallyhappy
We could give the gorillas and goblins an actual morally grey reason to be at odds (Competing for Kaja'mite, a limited resource both need to live) or we could do it in a way that solely frames the horde as responsible and is pure evil.

Again, I haven't seen anything suggesting goblins still 'need' Kaja'mite.
10/25/2018 10:23 AMPosted by Skytotem
10/25/2018 10:06 AMPosted by Reallyhappy

Chronicles Volume one, after the sundering, the goblins, who lost thier supply of kajamite because of it, began to regress to thier stone age counterparts, until they absorbed enough fumes while mining as troll slaves in the kajamite mines.

The need the stuff to not regress in intelligence.
They're just monkeys, who cares?
10/25/2018 11:07 AMPosted by Reallyhappy
10/25/2018 10:23 AMPosted by Skytotem

Chronicles Volume one, after the sundering, the goblins, who lost thier supply of kajamite because of it, began to regress to thier stone age counterparts, until they absorbed enough fumes while mining as troll slaves in the kajamite mines.

The need the stuff to not regress in intelligence.

Of course, the game's narrative will never take this motive seriously, because the Horde isn't allowed to have reasons for doing things.
The Alliance kills Zuldazar natives who refuse Genn their daughters.
10/25/2018 11:10 AMPosted by Gavik
Of course, the game's narrative will never take this motive seriously, because the Horde isn't allowed to have reasons for doing things.

Yeah, Horde races exist to be quest fodder is what the past 4 expansions taught me.
10/25/2018 11:11 AMPosted by Cursewords
The Alliance kills Zuldazar natives who refuse Genn their daughters.

So, you realize this only occurs in the Horde flashback version yes? The Alliance version of the events, aka the ones who are actually present, does not include that dialogue.